Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

RPG Games All Roleplay and Role-play games. Create and play Fantasy and In-Out-Character RPs, "legend of" type and any other RP games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 11-12-2013, 05:15 PM

Mary stopped and sighed. "That went terribly..."
-
David shook his head, "I don't know what she meant. She's always been paranoid. Her father had a perfectly normal life and a perfectly natural death."

That was, of course, a total lie.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old
LadyBast0911 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: Not Rated
Default 11-12-2013, 05:24 PM

Alex frowned. "Either you tell me yourself or I will find out on my own." He replied, coldly.
~
George wrapped his arms around her. "Yes, yes it did. Are you ok?"

((hey just got called into work might be back on late tonight or might not don't know yet))

Being single doesn't make you weak, it means that you are strong enough to be on your own; Being alone could be a good thing, because there is no drama involved in your life, no pain, and free to do what ever you want. Life is too short to be chasing those who aren't even worth fighting for, you are worth more than that.
<3
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 11-12-2013, 05:26 PM

"I told you. I don't know what your mother was talking about." David said, before calling the waitress over and ordering another bottle of wine. He finished the last of the first bottle and added, "Even if I did know what that crazy woman might be referring to, I would not tell. You go ahead look for whatever it is you think you're looking for, though. It'll be a waste of your time, Alexander."

David looked at the silver band on his finger, remembering what had happened over 11 years ago.
----
"Hello, Mr. Larson." A slightly younger David said, sitting on a chair next to a sleeping overweight older balding man in bed. David was thinner, more eccentric looking, his jet black hair was messier and his glasses lenses were rounded and thicker. He and he was wearing a black suit and a loosened white tie over a blue dress shirt.

"David, is that you..?" The older gentleman sat up and went to grab his glasses from the side table - he was practically blind without them.

"Here, Harold. I got that for you." David grabbed the glasses and helped put them on. "I want you to be able to see the face of your killer." He said coldly with a smirk.

Harold scurried back in his bed, shocked and terrified by what David had just said. He looked beside him, and then at David, "Where's Agatha?"

"Your wife is downstairs, don't worry about her. Mary is taking good care of her." David said. He was holding a little vial of a black liquid. "I know you think my inventions are stupid, Harold. I believe you called them... foolish? Well, I've tried to switch into developing chemical solutions since you were right, most of my technical inventions were foolish. I am a bio-chemistry major, for Heaven's sake, I should have started with chemicals. I noticed your beautiful home seems to have quite the rodent problem, Mr. Larson. You've tried everything right? Rat traps, arsenic... but they never seem to die, do they?"

"Are you trying to give me another one of your sales pitches, David? What's this about?" Harry said quietly.

"Oh, no, this isn't just a sales pitch. I don't need your investment. I developed something to take care of your problem! I developed a stronger, more potent rat poison." David snickered and adjusted his glasses. "But more about that in a second. You rewrote your will recently, yes?"

"Yes."

"And why was that?" David said, leaning back in the chair. Harry got up and went for the door, but being younger, David easily made it to her door first. He shook his head, "Tsk, tsk, Harold. You think I'd make it so easy?" He grabbed Harold's leg out from under him, causing Harold to fall flat on his back. David bent over and shook his head, a wide grin on his face, "Let's finish out conversation, shall we? Now, Mr. Larson, why did you change your will?"

"Go to hell, David." Harold hissed. "I did it to cut you out because you have been abusing my daughter. I gave your share of my inheritance to Alexander instead."

"Well well, that was awfully mean of you, Harold. I don't know why you'd think I was abusive." He helped him up and then pushed him onto the bed. "I know you haven't sent the new one to a lawyer yet. Where's the draft?"

"I'll never tell you. Alexander is far more deserving of my money than you are. Only Agatha and I know where it is."

"Alexander is 6 years old, Harold. He doesn't need money. And that won't be too helpful for the lawyer then once I kill you, will it? Agatha is in such poor shape, she can't talk or barely move since her major stroke, remember? She's practically a vegetable. You may as well tell me, Harold. I'll find it anyway."

"Never."

David laughed and picked his vial back up off the nightstand and continued, "This rat poison... I tested it on rats and it kills them with just a drop. I've tested it on cats, dogs, monkeys and wow... Ha! This stuff... Well, I call it Qwik-Death, and you'll soon find out why. It's about time I test it on a human."

"It's too potent? In other words, you failed again. You're nothing but a failure, David. As an inventor, a husband, a father... you're a failure." Harold sneered.

David stopped laughing, his grin wiped off his face. He replied darkly, "I'm going to enjoy killing you." He opened the vial and forced the liquid down the old man's throat.

Harold squirmed, trying to release David's grip on him, but by the time the vial had been emptied, Mr. Larson was no longer moving. David let go of him, but he felt a hand grab his arm. He turned back and Mr. Larson, barely alive, said his last words: "You won't get away with this, Rice. One day... they'll catch you."

David pulled his arm away and chuckled, "Sorry, Harold, but an unknown combination of chemicals in your system... they'll never know what killed you. They'll never know it was me."

David began frantically searching the bedroom. Under the bed, in the closet, the nightstands... until he finally walked up the a grand family painting of Harold, Agatha, Mary and their other daughter Erica, from many years ago. He took it off the hook and there was a hidden safe. "So cliche, Mr. Larson. Next time, don't take your hiding spot ideas from old movies." He put in the obvious combination, 09-11-75, Mary's birth date. The safe opened like a charm. "And your oldest daughter's birthday as the combination? Come on, Larson. Unoriginal. Oh well, I thank you for your unoriginality, Harry."

There was a folder in there with the old will, as well as his new draft. David read over the new draft, which included:

To my wife, Agatha Marcia Wells Larson, I leave our beautiful house and 50% of my 400 million pound fortune, approximately 200 million pounds.

To my eldest daughter, Mary Anne Larson Rice, I give my villa in Paris and 22% of my fortune, approximately 88 million pounds to specifically not be legally shared with her husband, David Rice. Mary will also be given her grandmother's old jewelery and her old photo albums.

To my son-in-law, David Rice, I leave nothing.

To my youngest daughter, Erica Agatha Larson Kendrick, 22% of my fortune, approximately 88 million pounds, as well as my vacation home in Hawaii. I also leave her my yacht.

To my son-in-law, Matthew Kendrick, I leave my 2002 Lamborghini Murciιlago.

To my only grandson Alexander Rice, I leave the remaining 8% of my fortune, approximately 32 million pounds, my gold watch, as well as the contents of the box found in my safe behind my family portrait in the master bedroom.

"Well well, Mr. Larson, I definitely preferred the old one. Sorry, Alexander, but what you don't know won't hurt you, son." The first draft of his will had been drafted before Alex had been born, and things were instead split 50/25/25, with assets split between the two girls and shared with their husbands. David couldn't help but take out the box from the safe, the little black velvet box that had been left to Alexander. David opened it up and saw a note.

To my dearest grandson Alex,

To you I leave this box, and inside this box I leave this note and a silver wedding band. If you are reading this, it means I did not get a chance to give you this in person. This wedding band has been passed down through generations in our family. It is unbelievable old and valuable. I did not give it to your Uncle because he doesn't appreciate the sentimental value behind this. I did not give the ring to your father because I do not believe he is deserving of it. As much as I don't wish to say it, never trust your father, Alex. He's not a good man. I know you a better person to pass this ring on to than either of them, so please, take good care of it.

Grandpa Harry.

David grinned as he put the ring on his finger, the same band that he still wore now. "Maybe Alex will get this one day, maybe he won't, but it's mine now. You're definitely right, Harold, I'm not a good man, but I never claimed I was."
----

"I'm fine. Upset, yes. To put up with the way he treated me, the secrets I kept for him, all for him to pretty well tell me our marriage is over... It's upsetting. But are you okay? I... I'm so sorry about Victoria..." Mary frowned. "I'm quite shocked myself.

Last edited by TheHayleyDoll : 11-12-2013 at 11:07 PM.
Old
LadyBast0911 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Default 11-12-2013, 11:54 PM

Alex shook his head. "Grandpa Harry died when I was 6, Dad. I barely have any memories of him but if Mom thinks you did something, then...at least I can do something for her. Good night, dad. Aunt Rachel." He replied before walking off.

Victoria just sat there. "Well, I guess there is no better time than now. I was wondering if you would allow me to change to the Prep School in Chicago instead of going to my current high school."

"Of course. And..have you decided?" Rachel asked.

"Of course. Didn't take long for that decision. You were right, Ryan is brute and violent. I don't need that in my life." Torie replied.

Rachel smiled. "That's my good girl."

Torie smiled back.

Being single doesn't make you weak, it means that you are strong enough to be on your own; Being alone could be a good thing, because there is no drama involved in your life, no pain, and free to do what ever you want. Life is too short to be chasing those who aren't even worth fighting for, you are worth more than that.
<3
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 11-13-2013, 12:00 AM

"Fantastic news, Victoria." David nodded. "Ryan was no good, and I'm glad you see that. An Ellingson is a much better choice. We are very proud."
-
Sebastian felt incredibly awkward now, so he decided to go after Alex. "Alex, wait!"
-
"I'm fine. Upset, yes. To put up with the way he treated me, the secrets I kept for him, all for him to pretty well tell me our marriage is over... It's upsetting. But are you okay? I... I'm so sorry about Victoria..." Mary frowned. "I'm quite shocked myself."
---
He turned back to the now deceased Harold Larson, laying flat on his back on the bed he shared with Agatha. David covered him with the bed sheet and closed Harold's eyelids. He put the empty box back, without the note and ring, and he closed the safe. He put the painting back on the wall and cleaned up any other messes he had made when looking for the will, and walked out of the room. Mary was just out in the hall, pacing back and forth.

Mary was slightly heavier, her face was pumper and more natural. She was only in her late 20s at the time. She wore her curly brown hair in a ponytail and a lot of makeup. She was wearing a white sweater dress with dark pantyhose underneath. “David, honey, what took you so long?”

“He wouldn't tell me where the will was.” David said. He had been wearing a pair of plastic disposable gloves and he threw them in the trash. He picked up the trash bag and started walking down the hall. Mary followed him nervously. David asked her, “Where's Alexander? And Agatha?”

“My mother is in the family room, in front of the television, and I put Alex in bed a couple hours ago and I think he's still sleeping. Why?”

“Just asking, Mary.” David said, walking down the stairs, into the foyer, and out the door.

Mary stayed close behind him, “Uh, Davey, did your, um, chemical solution, uh, work?” Her voice was trembling and unsteady.

“Did it kill him? Yes, Mary.” He replied, emotionless.

She started to tear up, knowing for sure that her husband had just murdered her father. “Are you sure there wasn't another way? It was only a small fraction of money, a couple extra percent-”

“For you. For me, he specifically said I was to get nothing. Zero. Zilch.” David dropped the garbage bag in the neighbours trash can. He started walking back inside, “You will say nothing, Mary.

“Davey-”

“DON'T.” David turned around and slapped her across the face, “Don't Davey me.”

“I'm sorry.” Mary frowned and looked down. “You are greedy. You stole more money away from your son than we gained.”

“I JUST explained to you, Mary, that the new amount of money was for YOU.”

“But we live together. We're married, and my father wouldn't be able to dictate how I spend my share of the money.”

“Remember, Mary, if he wasn't DEAD, we wouldn't get anything yet anyway. By the time he did pass naturally, who knows how things would have been divided. Your sister might have more children to split it with, or maybe he would have gone bankrupt by then.”

“Or maybe my mother would have passed and there would have been more money to split up.”

“You and Agatha are close. I'm sure she'll end up giving you most of that money anyway. If you haven't noticed, Mary, we need money. My last invention was a bust and if this one doesn't hit it off, we'll start having trouble with payments on our mansion.”

“Then we could have moved to a smaller home. We don't need money, you want the money and couldn't wait.” Mary shook her head, “I don't know if I can keep this a secret forever, David. I've never been a part of anything like this.”

David grabbed Mary and shook her, “You will keep this secret Mary, or God help you... Now go put your mother back in bed, and-”

Mary pulled away and started crying. “Back in bed? Beside my father?”

“Yes, it has to look natural, Mary. If she's sleeping in the other room, it could raise suspicion. She won't be able to tell that he's dead. You'll lay her down, she'll fall asleep. In the morning, you'll be confused as to why your father hasn't already woken up with your mother since they're always up early, you'll go to wake them up, and you'll find Harold had passed away in his sleep. Easy as that. Stick with that story. You were a part of this, Mary. They arrest me, and you're going to prison right behind me. So, go on, take care of that and I'll meet you in our bedroom.”

Mary swallowed. “Okay. Yes, David.” The look of terror in her eyes mimicked her son's present look when talking about David. She walked into the family room and brought Agatha into the bedroom. As she saw her father there lifeless, she held back tears. She picked her mother up out of her wheelchair and laid her down in bed. She kissed Agatha's forehead and whispered, “Goodnight, mum.”

Mary checked on Alex, opening the door to his room and walking over to the bed. She gave him a kiss on the forehead and whispered, “I love you.” Before turning and going into the guest room she was sharing with David. She sat on the bed and sighed. “I.. I don't want to do anything tonight, David.”

“I do. Murder... is such a turn on.” David brought them into a very male-dominated x-scene.
Old
LadyBast0911 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Default 11-13-2013, 12:08 AM

Torie nodded. "Glad you think that, David...I mean, Dad." She replied. "While I am going to the Prep School, I will be staying with Kevin as well."

"Wonderful my dear. Now, just bring us the paper work and everything will start falling into place." Rachel replied.

Torie nodded. "Well, I am going to head home. Lots to do tomorrow." She replied, standing up and kissing her mother on the cheek. She then also hugged David. "Good night." She replied, before walking out to the lobby.
~
Alex turned around. "Yes?"
~
"Victoria is my daughter, no matter who fathered her. While yes, it is upsetting the way she is acting...I know my daughter far more than her or Rachel realize. She is planning something." George replied.

<3
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 11-13-2013, 12:13 AM

"Good thing they hadn't all ordered their food first." David joked. His tone grew more serious as he whispered to Rachel, "I hope Alex doesn't dig too deep into what Mary said."
---
The next day, all had gone as David planned. Mary went to wake her parents up and found Harold, called emergency, and they came and took him out on a stretcher. Mary sobbed and sobbed as she watched them take him away as David wrapped his arms around her and rubbed her back.

During the investigation into his death, as they would with any rich older man with a will, they interrogated every family member. Things went relatively smoothly, although the cops were somewhat suspicious of David.

---
Sebastian said, "Would you mind if I catch a ride to my hotel with you? Mary has already left and I don't care to stay with Mr. Rice."
-
"Planning something? You believe so?" Mary replied as a cab came over and picked them up.

Last edited by TheHayleyDoll : 11-13-2013 at 07:43 AM.
Old
LadyBast0911 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Default 11-13-2013, 10:50 AM

Rachel frowned. "Why, love? Everything ok?" She asked, taking his hands in hers.
-
Alex shook his head. "No, it's all good."

"Alex! Wait up." Torie yelled, hurrying to catch up with them.

Alex called a cab and then turned to Torie. "I want to know what happened to my grandpa. If mom thinks that dad did something....I just have to know, Tor."

"Ok. I'm sure Greg will have no problem finding something on it." She replied. "Hello, Sebastian. Sorry about all the chaos in there."
-
"I hope so, at least. That is not the daughter that I raised and...."He sighed. "I guess I am trying to just justify my daughters actions."

<3
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 11-13-2013, 12:08 PM

"After Mary's father died, they did suspect me. They couldn't find any definitive proof so they let me go, but I'm sure my name could be out there as a suspect for it online. I paid the coroner off to not release the results, but they did find was an odd combination of chemicals - a creation of mine, Qwik-Death."
-
"It's okay, Torie. I am really hungry, though."
-
"You must have heard about Alex being arrested for hitting Victoria, right? You can see that David is an awful influence."
Old
LadyBast0911 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Default 11-13-2013, 01:28 PM

"I'm sure that everything will be fine." She replied, kissing his cheek. "Why don't we just enjoy ourselves and the fact that your daughter is coming around."
~
"Why don't we go grab a bite to eat. There is this really cool coffee shop just around the corner and they serve amazing food." Torie replied.

"Sure. Why not?" Alex replied, helping his sister into the cab. He followed her in and then waited for Sebastian.

"Phoenix's Fire Coffee shop please." Torie told the cab driver.
~
George looked at her, confused. "No, I did not hear about this. What happened?"

<3