Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

RPG Games All Roleplay and Role-play games. Create and play Fantasy and In-Out-Character RPs, "legend of" type and any other RP games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old
LadyBast0911 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: Not Rated
Default 10-07-2013, 11:53 PM

Janelle nodded and sat down followed by Cole.

Senator James took a seat closer to the front as it had her name on it.

Mike whispered to Ryan. "And I am sure she would be incredibly proud of you."

Senator George Manly was in charge of leading the debate that night and it was apparent that he did not wish to be there. "Alright everyone, settle down. Time to start this meeting." He said, sounding annoyed. "Senator Hatton, you are the dissenting group, correct?"

"Yes Senator Manly. We have an array of success cases to present as well as ways to better incorporate the Program into American schools." He replied, smugly.

"Lovely. Senator James, you are the concurring group, correct?" Senator Manly replied.

"Yes sir. I have some of the leaders from the resistance here as well as some cases in which the Program has failed. We also have ways to combat the Program." James replied.

"Lovely. Let's get this started. Hatton who is up for you first."

Hatton looked at his paper. "Senator Taylor."
~
"Of course sir. See you tomorrow then."

((want to play taylor?))

Being single doesn't make you weak, it means that you are strong enough to be on your own; Being alone could be a good thing, because there is no drama involved in your life, no pain, and free to do what ever you want. Life is too short to be chasing those who aren't even worth fighting for, you are worth more than that.
<3
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 10-08-2013, 12:17 AM

((Sure, but this is my last post tonight))

Senator Taylor was a older woman in her early 60s with black/grey hair and horn-rimmed glasses. She took some papers with her to the stand and cleared her throat, "Ahem. I am here to speak about the success of The Program in America and about The Program high school transitional stage.

Since The Program has started, suicide rates have declined immensely. Over 50,000 American teenagers have already completed The Program, over a thousand of those from Chicago and it's surrounding area. Another 40,000 American teens are currently taking part in The Program as we speak. That is 90,000 at-risk teens who will be saved. Yes, The Program is not perfect and some of the out-patients may have still had issues upon returning, but statistics show that out of the 50,000 who have completed, less than 10% have experienced or shown any sign of depression or suicidal thoughts. A 90% success rate is very impressive.

Success stories of individuals are too abundant to really delve to much into. One recent success is a young girl named Olivia Bennett, who had actually decided to enroll herself in The Program on the very first day it had opened. She is nearly ready to be re-enrolled in Lincoln Park High School as a 9th grader, and at the transitional high school she has shown a great deal of leadership and is truly a completely different person than she was upon entering. She's outspoken, very happy, and makes friends easily now, whereas when she came into The Program she was pretty much the exact opposite.

The transitional high school is working well. It contains a reintegration course, which teaches the out-patients how to deal with life on the outside and we believe it works wonderfully. It takes more time for some than others, but with the transitional high school and the Community Center, reintegration isn't all too difficult for teens.

For the sake of the children, we must keep The Program. We are continuing to improve it to make things even easier for kids. The way it is now isn't necessarily perfect, but it is on it's way there. If we remove it now, we will only cause more harm. That is all from me, thank you."

She left the stand and sat down beside Hatton.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old
LadyBast0911 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Default 10-08-2013, 12:42 AM

Everyone clapped as she sat down. "Thank you for those informative words, Senator Taylor." Manly replied. "Senator James, your first speaker?"

Shelly smiled and looked at Janelle. "Are you up to speaking?" She asked, softly.

Janelle turned even more pale. "Duhh...sure." She replied, looking like a deer in the headlights.

Cole nodded. "For Torie."

Mike nodded as well. "For Torie." He mimicked.

Janelle nodded and walked up to the front. "Uh...hi everyone." She replied, obviously nervous.

Hatton whispered to a couple of his goons and they all started to snicker.

Janelle swallowed and continued. "I know most of you were expecting Tor-Victoria to speak but unfortunately she cannot be here due to unforeseen reasons. My name is Janelle and Victoria asked me to be apart of the resistance when she first began. She asked me to come today in her place. For all of us to come in her place.

While the Program is showing success now, how will it succeed in the long term. We don't need a short term solution to this problem. Those that are already having difficulties, they show the problems that we cannot ignore nor should we. They are showing signs of anger and hatred which the world already has plenty of. They are showing signs of depression and of aggression. We cannot ignore this. While yes it may only occur in 10% but what happens when the 90% that you consider a success story start showing symptoms of the 10% now. What will you do then when we have an adult population committing suicide and possibly leaving kids to fend for themselves.

You adults think that you are succeeding when really you are creating an environment in which is destroying your children. You have kids in the Program who don't even know what their dreams are or who their friends are. You have kids my age pretending to be happy and joyful and elated to be alive when all they wish is to crawl hole and die. But when they tell someone who they trust, when they talk about their feelings, they find in peace in just talking. We have begun to have a way of dealing with our emotions in very unhealthy habits. Most don't talk about it all, as if what they are feeling is not happening which horrible. To make someone feel like they have to hide who they are in fear who becoming nothing is wrong and horrible on your part. There are better solutions, you all just won't see them because you would have to admit you are wrong." Janelle said, passionately rambling. "Thank you." She said, hurrying off the stage and sitting down next to Cole. She looked at the group. "Ohmygod, that was terrifying." She whispered.

Cole hugged her. "Torie would be proud."

"Uh..guys. I may have found something." Greg's voice rang through the ear pieces. "They completely forged the suicide note and didn't even put it in her locker. I found some old homework of hers and sent both the suicide note and her homework through a handwriting analysis program. It doesn't match as well as I have them on tape writing the note."

Being single doesn't make you weak, it means that you are strong enough to be on your own; Being alone could be a good thing, because there is no drama involved in your life, no pain, and free to do what ever you want. Life is too short to be chasing those who aren't even worth fighting for, you are worth more than that.
<3
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 10-08-2013, 07:23 AM

This news angered Ryan - but he didn't expect anything less. He knew they had been after her, and he knew she would never have written that suicide note. Part of Ryan really wanted to take the stand and talk about his experience in The Program, and the other part really wanted to punch something. xD

It also bothered Heather. She shook her head and mumbled, "That's not right."

Kevin obviously couldn't hear that, so he patted Janelle on the back and said, "Good job. Impressive for your first time."
Old
LadyBast0911 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Default 10-08-2013, 09:39 AM

Janelle smiled and nodded. "Thanks, Kevin. That means a lot." She replied.

"Thanks Greg. Keep us updated and keep this to yourself. We need to figure out how to best use this new information." Mike replied.

Cole frowned. "And this is why we should not be going against something so corrupt. We may do everything the legal way but they don't. We have no chance."

Janelle shook her head. "Then leave, because we don't need your negativity."

The committee hearing continued on until around 9 pm, and with a start time of 6, it was a long meeting. More people came and spoke but mainly it was survivors of the Program and the successes.

After S. Manly adjourned the meeting, James turned to the group. "Would you like to come back to my office and talk?" She asked, in a tone that meant you had no choice.
~
Greg, meanwhile, emailed Doc Martin.

Dr. Martin,

Just wanted to inform you of a few things. One, we have 16 applicants for the gatherings. I am attaching their applications to this email. Also, Lindsey has been taken in by the Program today. We are still hanging on but its been a tough day.

<3
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 10-08-2013, 10:44 AM

Ryan stood up, as did Heather.

She asked, "What's this about? I do have other things to do today."

"Then go." Ryan said, folding his arms. "We can handle whatever this woman wants."

"K, bye." Heather waved and left the building without another word. She was leaving for two reasons. Firstly, she had to move everything she had out of the hotel by midnight, and secondly because she was starting to feel withdrawal.

When she arrived she took a hit, and then grabbed her belongings and left the hotel. She called her father who, after much begging from Heather, allowed her to return home.

-
Dr. Martin was shocked.

You mean Torie? Oh dear... Well, thank you for the applications. Upon hearing this news, I urge that we begin tomorrow. Make sure Ryan is there.

- Stanley

Last edited by TheHayleyDoll : 10-08-2013 at 04:32 PM.
Old
LadyBast0911 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Default 10-08-2013, 06:51 PM

Shelly lead the gang back to her office and sat behind her desk. "I want to talk to you all about Torie getting taken today. I want to know how, why, when, and how you are all feeling." She said.

Janelle swallowed and leaned against a wall. "She was taken after school by two supervisors. Their reasoning was a suicide note."

Mike nodded. "One of our other leaders is working his magic with finding out how they got a suicide note but no such luck yet." He lied.

She nodded. "Ryan, how are you feeling?" She asked, softly.
~
Will do. You have all of the applicants numbers. Also, we have changed your location. Come early tomorrow and get the keys to the guest house per Janelle. She also wishes for you to sit down with all of us as this has hit us all hard.

<3
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 10-08-2013, 07:03 PM

"I'm... Not doing so well. I just got out only to have her taken. It's hard for me." Ryan sighed. He could go on to more detail, but decided not to.
-
I will be over early then to speak with you all before the meeting. I will be there at 10AM and offically start at noon.
Old
LadyBast0911 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Default 10-08-2013, 07:09 PM

Shelly nodded. "Don't worry about her. She is going to be just fine in there and fight just like you did. You showed her how to fight and gave her something to fight for. The girl is tougher than everyone expected her to be. Don't you agree Kevin?"
~
Of course. Thank you Dr. Stanley.

<3
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 10-08-2013, 07:13 PM

"Yes, of course I agree." Kevin nodded.

Ryan looked at the ground again. I hope you are right. I miss her.