Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

RPG Games All Roleplay and Role-play games. Create and play Fantasy and In-Out-Character RPs, "legend of" type and any other RP games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old
LadyBast0911 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: Not Rated
Default 09-14-2013, 11:59 AM

Torie blushed. "Thanks, Stanley. He is quite amazing an amazing guy himself." Her voice trailed off as she remembered seeing him recently. After a few moments she snapped back to reality. "When will he be getting out?"

Janelle walked over to Ella. "Need any help with the food?"

Being single doesn't make you weak, it means that you are strong enough to be on your own; Being alone could be a good thing, because there is no drama involved in your life, no pain, and free to do what ever you want. Life is too short to be chasing those who aren't even worth fighting for, you are worth more than that.
<3
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 09-14-2013, 12:04 PM

"In the early release form, I stated that I believed he should leave at the same time as his roommate... He should be out this coming Monday in the morning. I stated this as the date mainly for Mr. Bucknor, because I believe Ryan leaving earlier than him would cause him hardship. He is certainly a more dependent teenager, and he and Ryan have practically become brothers. They spend nearly every minute together, it seemed fitting they leave at the same time."

Ella told Janelle the orders, and said, "Yes, please. I'm not cut out for this job. Good thing it's only for tonight."
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old
LadyBast0911 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Default 09-14-2013, 12:10 PM

Torie nodded. "I'm glad that he made friends in there and I hope that he doesn't lose them." She paused, "Now...how do I get his memories back. Obviously he remembers me but even those memories may not be completely there. He doesn't remember our friends and..." She paused again, starting to get upset. "and what if he doesn't remember his mom, his sister, or even his dad."

Being single doesn't make you weak, it means that you are strong enough to be on your own; Being alone could be a good thing, because there is no drama involved in your life, no pain, and free to do what ever you want. Life is too short to be chasing those who aren't even worth fighting for, you are worth more than that.
<3
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 09-14-2013, 12:26 PM

"He will remember his sister and his dad, maybe certain memories involving them may have been removed or altered, but he knows who they are. His mother..." Dr. Martin frowned, "That is unfortunate. Obviously he will remember that his mother has passed, but many of his memories of her have been... taken.

Getting his memories back will be somewhat of a challenge. However, the pills used it the memory cleansing process still need to be improved, so there are weaknesses - as seen with Ryan remembering you. It is extraordinarily difficult to erase every single piece of memory simply because the pill only erases what Ryan tells me, and because of that, some 'triggers' remain. Using you and Ryan as an example, Ryan recognized the locket. That locket was a trigger. I had not asked him if his mother had left him any possessions, which was somewhat my 'fault' because I usually do ask such questions as that, but since I did not, he still had the memory of his mother giving that locket to him. Seeing that necklace triggered that memory, and then caused him to remember giving such locket to you.

Finding these triggers would be key to getting his memories back. Other than that, there currently is no other way. It's a slow process, but it will happen over time. Best not to force it too much though - doing so could cause more damage to his mind."
Old
LadyBast0911 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Default 09-14-2013, 12:34 PM

She nodded. She wanted to tell him about the pills that Janelle and the other scientists have been working on but decided to wait. While she did trust Dr. Martin, she didn't want to give too much away. "Has his family been notified of his upcoming release date?"

Janelle came in with a tray, looking slightly uncomfortable. "Alright, so I have a salmon plate for the gentleman and a chicken cordon bleu plate for the lady." Janelle said, somehow managing to not spill the food. "How does everything look?"

"Delicious, thank you." Torie replied, trying not to giggle.

<3
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 09-14-2013, 12:37 PM

"It looks fine, thank you." He said to Janelle before turning back to Torie, "Since I have only just received word that it was accepted today, I have not yet gotten to chance to inform his family. I plan on doing so later today, after our dinner." He began to eat his food.
Old
LadyBast0911 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Default 09-14-2013, 12:42 PM

Janelle nodded. "Let me know if you need anything." She said, mainly looking at Torie.

Torie nodded and began to eat her food as well. "I am sure that they will be delighted to hear that. If you don't mind me asking...do you know why his sister was told not to talk to me?"

<3
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 09-14-2013, 12:52 PM

"It's standard procedure to separate a patient's family from a patient's friends to prevent any tampering. When a patient returns to normal society, they must be kept away from those who they had forgotten, and if a family member is close to people who the patient may have forgotten, the memory erasing process can be, as they call it, tampered. There are actually some cases in which a patient must forget a living family member, and usually that family member is kept in the dark from knowing anything about the patient. Those cases are more difficult, and I generally choose not to work on them because I do not find that ethical or morally right."
Old
LadyBast0911 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Default 09-14-2013, 12:59 PM

"But that isn't right. Friends can help them come back into society. Why is it so important to keep these kids away from anything they have ever known? Its...its...ridiculous and wrong." She shook her head, furious. "Its like the Program is dead set on keeping us away from one another and that is only making things worse." Her face suddenly turned pale. "And this means that none of us can see Ryan again."

<3
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 09-14-2013, 01:11 PM

"It means you are supposed to be kept from Ryan for enough time for his mind to heal on it's own. However, I never said I agree with that process, just that it is the standard procedure." Dr. Martin said, "This is why they go to a different high school for a short period of time in between. When they have been given allowance to return to their regular schools, they are allowed to see their old friends. It is supposed to work as a middle ground."

He added, "Not that there aren't ways around this. Supervisors don't follow the patients around 24/7. They only keep watch at the schools and at the Community Center. This way, since a patient should have forgotten all of their friends, the friends will have a hard time contacting them since they won't see them at school. Imagine you were an ex-patient, and strangers began approaching you while you were walking home from school, telling you that they are your friends and to come play with them. 90% of ex-patients freak out, scared and confused, and run home. They are all given new cell phones with new phone numbers as well, to make it impossible for text/call communication.

"Ryan is a special case though. He remembers you well enough that he will trust you, and I'm sure you will be able to hang out after school."