Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

RPG Games All Roleplay and Role-play games. Create and play Fantasy and In-Out-Character RPs, "legend of" type and any other RP games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old
LadyBast0911 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: Not Rated
Default 09-11-2013, 02:21 AM

Torie was up early the next morning and went downstairs for breakfast. She was in a pair of black pants and a teal coloured blouse. Her hair was french braided, as it had become somewhat of a trademark. After she was done eating, she had the front desk call her a taxi while she bought an energy drink. She also called Greg.

Greg looked at his phone buzzing. "Torie, do you realize what time it is?" He answered, barely awake.

"Yes, I do, but this is the only time I have to call you. Can you send a non-traceable email to a Dr. Martin for me. Just ask him for a meeting of some sort." She said, drinking her energy drink.

"Uh..sure. Whatever. Can I go back to bed?" He asked,

"Yep. Talk to you later." She said, hanging up and walking outside to her taxi. Soon she was walking into the studio doors and rushed into hair and make-up.

((alrighty, night))

Being single doesn't make you weak, it means that you are strong enough to be on your own; Being alone could be a good thing, because there is no drama involved in your life, no pain, and free to do what ever you want. Life is too short to be chasing those who aren't even worth fighting for, you are worth more than that.
<3
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 09-11-2013, 02:32 AM

Dr. Martin had finished his request for Ryan's early leave the previous night and was currently in his office with another patient.
-
Heather had given Patrick the $80 Quinton had given here, and then had gone to bed. When she woke up, she was still upset with Quinton.
-
Ella got dressed into a pair of jeans and a see-through black blouse over top of a black cami. She went sight-seeing with Mike.
-
The interview was on a morning TV show, with a host named Rose Burke. Rose was a curvy latin-American with a lot of hair and makeup done. Once she was ready, she sat on a stool on the set. "Good Morning New York, this is The Sunshine Hour with Rose Burke." She announced, "My guest today is a young woman named Victoria Freemon - an anti-Program activist from Chicago. The resistance movement she started is now being echoed world-wide. Please give a warm welcome to Victoria Freemon!"
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old
LadyBast0911 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Default 09-11-2013, 09:10 AM

Whe Greg woke up, he emailed Dr. Martin.

Dr. Martin,

Would you like to join me for dinner Wednesday night?

-
Mike was in a pair of jeans and a t-shirt.
-
Torie took a deep breath and walked on stage, smiling. She sat down. "Thank you so much for having me on your show, Rose." Torie replied.

Being single doesn't make you weak, it means that you are strong enough to be on your own; Being alone could be a good thing, because there is no drama involved in your life, no pain, and free to do what ever you want. Life is too short to be chasing those who aren't even worth fighting for, you are worth more than that.
<3
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 09-11-2013, 03:07 PM

Dr. Martin finished his session and then replied:

Who is this, and what matter does this pertain to? I am free for dinner on Wednesday, so long as this is not my ex-wife. I am teasing, of course. Finally, where would this meeting be occurring if I so choose to accept your offer?

-

The set of Good Morning New York was typical of a morning television show, with a stool for the host and a stool for guests to sit on, in front of a live TV audience. The sound and production crews were off to the side, and the cameras were set between the stage and the audience. In Good Morning New York's specific set up, there was also windows behind the stage, looking our on the New York skyline and letting in some natural light.

Rose smiled at Torie, "It is nice to finally meet you in person, Victoria. Many of us have seen you on the news, preaching your cause. You have caused a lot of debate on whether The Program is helpful or hurtful. It's great to see a young woman with so much passion for her beliefs."

She pulled out some cue cards with questions on them and continued, "We did some research this morning and found that 20% of high school students in America are either currently in The Program or have completed it. We also found that before The Program was implemented, 1 in 4 teens in America would commit suicide before that age of 18, and now with The Program, they have been decreased to 1 in 8. Only half as many suicides have been occurring. Would you mind telling us why these numbers might not be showing us the entire picture? Because, to many of our viewers, the numbers show that The Program has lessened suicide rates in teenagers and some may think that if The Program is retracted, the numbers of suicides will go back to 1 in 4."
Old
LadyBast0911 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Default 09-11-2013, 06:00 PM

"Obviously the Program is successful in its objective of decreasing suicide rates but what those numbers don't show you is what the Program puts these kids through in order to decrease the rates. These kids are forced to take medicine, are forced to forget their friends, family, anyone the Program deems necessary that could be at risk for creating the feelings of depression. What this tells us is that the drugs do not work. Erasing memories only lasts until something triggers it to come back. Basically all the Program is creating is a lot of young, impressionable kids to push their feelings down and hide them. What type of psychological effect is this going to create in the long run?" Torie replied. "And this is not limited to just the kids in the Program. What about the other 80% that is witnessing this? They see their friends or family members get whisked away by these people for showing their feelings and saying 'something is wrong'. When they come back home, they have forgotten everything. How is that teaching my generation how to deal with problems? By keeping the Program in place, we are moving backwards instead of forwards."
~
This is regarding Lindsey Hall. Meet at Kilt Hall at 6pm Wednesday.

<3
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 09-11-2013, 06:11 PM

I will be there.
-
"Such insight for a young lady, am I right?" She asked the audience. The audience seemed split down the middle, with half clapping for Torie and the other half in disagreement. "We're going to take a quick break, and when we come back, we'll be on the phone with Program creator MR. DAVID RICE!"

The half that hadn't cheered for Torie, clapped for the announcement of Mr. Rice. Rose put down her cards and was given a cigarette by a member of the crew, taking a couple puffs and then putting out the rest. She said to Torie, "Before the commercials end, I should tell you, I am in support of your cause but from a professional standpoint, I'm going to need to remain impartial."
Old
LadyBast0911 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Default 09-11-2013, 06:16 PM

Torie was taken back, shocked by the announcement of Alex's dad. She took a split second and then smiled, answering Rose's question. "I understand. This set is gorgeous by the way. First time on television and, well, its quite nerve-wracking." She confessed.
~
See you then

<3
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 09-11-2013, 06:30 PM

"The set had too much yellow, it stings the eyes in the morning. That's what I get for accepting a job as a host for the SUNSHINE hour." She laughed, "As for nerves, you'll get used to it. You're already quite the public speaker - it's essentially the same thing." Rose said as the producer gave her a countdown.

"5, 4, 3, 2, 1..." The producer gave Rose a thumbs up to signal they were live.

"For those of you who are just tuning in, my guest today is The Program Resistance leader, the lovely young woman beside me, Victoria Freemon. Victoria believes that The Program is not the right answer to the suicide epidemic. On the other side of the fence is the creator of The Program, Mr. David Rice. It's a pleasure to be talking to you today."

Mr. Rice's face came up on the big screen, via Skype. He had already heard that Torie was behind the Resistance so he was not at all surprised when he saw her. Mr. Rice was an average-sized, 50 year old man with jet black hair, brown eyes, square-rimmed glasses, and a mustache. He wore a very tailored, expensive looking suit, and wore his hair slicked back. "The pleasure's all mine."

"What are your thoughts, Mr. Rice, on what Victoria is saying about your Program?"

"I think she doesn't know what she is talking about."
Old
LadyBast0911 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Default 09-11-2013, 06:37 PM

Torie smiled at him. "And what exactly do I not know about, Mr. Rice? While I commend you on trying to find a solution, your solution is only causing more issues. Kids can't be themselves anymore for fear of going into the Program. If they break up with a boyfriend or girlfriend, they can't show that pain or agony due to being place in the Program. They can't express their anger or pain, sadness or guilt, any emotion other than everything is fine. This is teaching us that our feelings do not matter, that instead of finding out what's wrong, you would rather send us off and have these bad memories erased. But this pain, these memories, they make us who we are and without learning how to deal with our emotions and feelings, this problem will occur again. These feelings will come back."

<3
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 09-11-2013, 06:50 PM

"I am aware that the feelings will come back in time, and that is of no concern to me. My goal was to lower the suicide rate in teenagers. Parents were desperate for a solution, and I found one that was effective. I am not about to lie to you and tell you it is the PERFECT solution, but it is an effective one for the time being. Perhaps the feelings do return; it has been shown that the epidemic only occurs within children aged 13-17. Yes, some may have a hard time learning to deal with these memories if/when they return, but the vast majority will be able to cope and move on. For example, if out of 100 teenagers in The Program, 10 commit suicide some time after their release, we still saved 90 people."