Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

RPG Games All Roleplay and Role-play games. Create and play Fantasy and In-Out-Character RPs, "legend of" type and any other RP games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old
LadyBast0911 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: Not Rated
Default 08-08-2014, 11:24 PM

Janie blinked. "Wait? What? Since when does his mom have cancer?"

"And why didn't she just tell us?" Alex asked. "I guess he really did have a family emergency and not just an excuse."
~
Torie leaned into him. "I know it is. I just....Doesn't mean that I have to like it right now. Thankfully, I have always kept an apartment for Aiden and I off the books. Kevin doesn't even know about it. I always wanted to have an escape place in case he ever tried anything again."

((be back on tomorrow. Boyf wants to cuddle and watch a movie. Night!))

Being single doesn't make you weak, it means that you are strong enough to be on your own; Being alone could be a good thing, because there is no drama involved in your life, no pain, and free to do what ever you want. Life is too short to be chasing those who aren't even worth fighting for, you are worth more than that.
<3
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 08-08-2014, 11:42 PM

"Apparently he just found out this morning. And yes, that's his family emergency." Luke replied. "I don't know why she didn't tell just tell everyone. I suppose that she feels its too personal. That being said, don't tell her I told you guys."

Ella frowned, "That's kind of sad. His mom is sick and now his marriage is going to end..."

"I don't feel sorry for the d*ck. For his family, yeah, but not sorry for him. I hope the breakup absolutely crushes him." Heather said coldly. "He never deserved a girl like Victoria."

Doug couldn't help but talk. "Deserved a girl like Victoria? You're all acting like you've never f*cked up in your life when I know all of you have. Including Torie. You all talk about her like she's some angel. You all put so much pressure on Kevin, maybe he can't handle it. What I think is that yeah, Kevin drinks too much sometimes, but y'all are way too hard on the guy and probably yesterday he drank more because he had to put up with a bunch of people who he knows hates him."

Ella stared at him, "Doug, honey, you shouldn't really get involved..."

"Why? Because I'm just 'the boyfriend', I should keep my mouth shut?"

"No, because you don't know the whole story."

"And you do? Yeah, I don't know the whole story, but neither do any of you. Only Torie and Kevin know the whole story of their relationship." Doug folded his arms.

"Obviously Torie decided he's an @sshole and wants to end it. Proves we're all right." Heather said.

"No, it doesn't, because there's probably more to it than that he's an @sshole." Doug replied.

"He's right." Luke said, drawing the attention to himself. "None of us know everything about Torie and Kevin and if Doug isn't entitled to his own opinion of it, none of us should be. Torie said herself that Kevin isn't the monster we see him as. But truly, we shouldn't be arguing about this. If Torie were here to listen to us talk like this, she would certainly become only more upset. Being her friends, we're supposed to support and comfort her."

Doug looked away, as did Ella and Heather, all feeling a little foolish right now.

-

"If you ever need something more than an apartment, I'm sure you could stay with any one of us for a while." Ryan was quiet for a moment and then said, "I think I'm going to leave Lacey. She wants me to choose between your friendship and our marriage, and this time she seems really serious about it. I love her, I do, but she's way too jealous and that's never going to change. Even if I chose her, I'm sure she'd become jealous of other women I'm friends with... I... I don't want to make you feel awkward, but... maybe if I leave her and you leave Kevin... you and I could, I dunno, get back together...?"

Last edited by TheHayleyDoll : 08-09-2014 at 01:58 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old
LadyBast0911 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Default 08-09-2014, 02:16 PM

Alex sighed. "Luke is right. Torie obviously saw something in him that we did not. She now has two kids with him and that is never going to change. We need to support her, not belittle her hopefully soon to be ex-husband." He replied, wrapping his arms around Heather.

Janie nodded. "I do know that their marriage has been getting rougher over the past couple of years. But yes, we need to be there for her and Aiden. Speaking of which, where are the kids?"
~
Torie hugged him, tightly. "I would love that." She whispered. "But realize, this time, you are not just getting me. You are also getting Aiden and my unborn child. You said you didn't want kids at one point. Are you still feeling that way?"

Being single doesn't make you weak, it means that you are strong enough to be on your own; Being alone could be a good thing, because there is no drama involved in your life, no pain, and free to do what ever you want. Life is too short to be chasing those who aren't even worth fighting for, you are worth more than that.
<3
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 08-09-2014, 05:22 PM

"Watching Frozen in the living room." Luke replied. "It's almost time for presents and cake. I'm going to wait a bit though for Torie and Ryan to finish talking. They're fine."

Ella looked over into the living room to check. "Yeah, they're quietly watching the movie."

"Good. Is Oliver still upstairs? Marissa, would you mind bringing him something to eat? He's probably hungry and if I go up there, I might not be so... nice. I'm incredibly disappointed with the way he's acting on his little sister's birthday."

-

"I don't feel as strongly now as I did before, about the whole kids issue. I can't say that I would love to deal with kids, or that I'd be the best stepfather in the world 'cuz I'm not sure what I'm doing, but if it means I get to be with you, I'll try my very best to be a good stepdad, and love those kids like they were my own." Ryan ran a hand through Torie's hair, then pulled her close and kissed her softly. "I never stopped loving you, and now we have a chance to be happy together."

Everything felt so right to Ryan, like he was meant to be with Victoria, to have her in his arms. All the emotions he had felt when they were together came flooding back, and it felt as though they had never been apart.

-

Meanwhile, Kevin and his family were getting the results of Nina's tests.

The doctor walked into the large private room and closed the door behind him. "The results of your tests show that you have Stage 1 bre@st cancer, Mrs. Ellingson."

Natalie blinked, "So what does that mean then, Doc?"

Nina, who had done some research into bre@st cancer upon finding the lump in her bre@st replied, "It means that it's small, and it hasn't spread. That's relatively good news."

"It is," The doctor agreed. "We believe that a simple lumpectomy, along with some radiation treatment, we should be able to get rid of the cancer and keep most of your bre@st intact. Of course, you may still want to undergo some correctional procedure, but the most important thing-" The doctor smiled, "Is that there's a very high chance you'll be cancer free very soon."

"Thank you so much, Dr. Smithfield."

"We're going to keep you here overnight and prep you for surgery tomorrow. We might have to keep you a little while after that, of course, just in case of complications. By next week, you should be out of this room and back home." Dr. Smithfield replied. He then left the room.

Joseph held his wife's hand and kissed her forehead.

Kevin sighed, relieved. "I am so glad you're going to be okay, Mom. I knew you would be, but..."

"It's nerve-raking, nonetheless. I know, I agree." Nina smiled at her son, the worried vibe almost fully gone now as she was feeling much better about her prognosis.

Natalie looked over at Kevin, "Did you want me to drive you home? You came here in a limo right from the airport, didn't you?"

Kevin nodded. "Sure, that'd be great, Nat." He kissed his mom goodbye, "I'll come visit you every other day this week, so I'll see you soon."

"Oh, Kevin, you don't have to."

"No, Mom, I want to." Kevin said, giving her a hug and then walking out of the room.

Natalie said goodbye and then followed her brother. She knew Kevin could easily take a limo or a cab back to his home, but after what he had said earlier about his marriage, she couldn't help but worry about him. They went out to her car, parked in the hospital's underground parking garage away from any paparazzi. Kevin got into the passenger seat, and Natalie into the driver's. As soon as she started driving, she said, "Kevin, tell me more about what happened with Torie."

Kevin sighed and told her the whole story, also mentioning Torie's secretive job.

When he was done spilling everything to his younger sister, she shook her head. "You're lucky I'm driving or I'd slap you for being an idiot. Seriously, Kev." xD

"I know I was an idiot, thanks." Kevin rolled his eyes. "I told you everything looking for support."

"What do you want me to tell you? If I were her, I don't know if I'd stay either." Natalie shrugged. "Your pregnant wife walked in on you with another woman - her ex's wife - and then came back to check on you later and there were more women in your apartment."

"Yeah, but I was drunk. Lacey kept giving me alcohol, and-"

"At some point, you have to stop blaming the alcohol, Kevin. If you're not sure of what you'll do when you drink, don't f*cking do it." Natalie replied, her voice becoming more stern as she was actually quite angry with her brother over this. "This isn't only about you and Torie anymore. It's about Aiden, and your unborn child. If Torie does want a divorce, think about that that means for your children. And it'll be, for the most part, your fault. Not the alcohol. You."

Kevin looked away and kept silent for a moment. He did feel awful. If had been a while since he felt so much remorse. He loved Torie with all his heart, and he wanted their family together. He didn't want Aiden, and the one on the way, to have to bounce between houses. "I... I really hope we can work things out. She's staying in Chicago a little longer. The original plan was only the weekend, but she wants some space. Maybe it'll be good for her to have some time to herself."

"Yeah, or she'll realize she's happier without you." Natalie replied, soon pulling into his driveway.

Last edited by TheHayleyDoll : 08-10-2014 at 10:40 AM.
Old
LadyBast0911 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Default 08-10-2014, 10:45 AM

((only one post. Doing this before i have to leave for work))

Marissa nodded. "Sure thing. I was hoping it wouldn't take this long before he would come down." She sighed, walking upstairs. "Oliver. It's time to come downstairs and eat."
~
Torie kissed him back, feeling all of those same emotions. "I never stopped loving you, either. And you will make a fabulous dad. Look at the way Aiden was laughing with you last night. It's not always easy and it won't be like in high school when we could do whatever we wanted when we wanted but...that's not so bad either."

<3
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 08-10-2014, 11:09 AM

Luke pulled out a cake and put a big 3 candle on it. "Hopefully Oliver will come down and join us for cake and presents, at least. Rowan will be so disappointed. If Marissa can't convince him, I'll send Rowan up to ask her brother herself."

"Is he normally jealous of her?" Ella asked.

"Not usually, but the last few weeks he has been. He's probably going through a phase. I think he's jealous of the time Marissa and I spend with Rowan. The only reason we do spend a little more time with her is because she's younger and needs more attention."
-
"I'm glad you think I'll make a good dad. We can make things work." Ryan held her hands and grinned, "And if I ever need parenting help, I have you to teach me."
-
Kevin took his bag from the trunk of her car. "I make Torie happy."

"Do you? Do you two even talk about what each of you want from the other? I feel like, with your schedules, there might not be much time for you two to communicate."

"Torie makes me happy. Sure we're busy, but I try and make time for us because I love her and I don't know what I'd do if she took Aiden and left me." Kevin shook his head. "Anyway, I'll see you later this week again at the hospital at some point, probably. Thanks for the ride, Natalie."

"No problem. I'm here to talk whenever you need it. We're family." Natalie half-smiled and left.

As soon as Kevin was inside, he went directly to the fridge in his 'man cave' and grabbed a beer. He popped it open and then went out to the living room. "If there's anyone here, I'm home." He yelled out, unsure if anyone was working while they were anyway. He then turned on the TV and sat on the couch with his beer, and then called Torie.

Last edited by TheHayleyDoll : 08-10-2014 at 03:39 PM.
Old
LadyBast0911 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Default 08-10-2014, 05:11 PM

Oliver was playing on his Xbox when she walked in. "Oliver Michael! What do you think you are doing?" She exclaimed, lividly.

"I am playing my Xbox. I got bored and everyone was too busy to come up and see me." He replied.

Marissa quickly unplugged the Xbox and shook her head.

"MOM!" He yelled, as he was quite in the zone.

"No. If you will not join us downstairs, you will sit up here and be bored. This is your little sisters birthday and the least you can do is have cake and ice cream with her." Marissa replied.

"But I don't want to."

"I don't care. You will get dressed and be downstairs in 5 five minutes. Or you will be grounded from your Xbox for 3 weeks." She replied, walking frustratedly back downstairs.

Oliver sighed and started to get dressed, as losing his Xbox privileges was sooo not worth it. XD
-----

Janie shrugged. "He might also be jealous of the fact that Rowan has all of these memories whereas he didn't have you for the first couple of years. It might not just be the attention but also the fact that you are around her for her whole life."
-----

"And I have Marissa and Luke." She laughed, snuggling in closer to him. "But as much as I want to stay and talk, we should probably get down to the party. Aiden is staying here again tonight, so..." She added, kissing him ever so softly.

She sighed when her phone went off. "Ry, it's Kevin. His mom...she went into the hospital and I want to know how she is doing." She explained, picking up. "Hey Kevin...how's your mom?"

<3
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 08-10-2014, 06:23 PM

xD
-
"It could, but that was in no way my fault and I hope he doesn't blame me for it. I do feel bad for not being there, but Marissa didn't tell me." Luke replied. "I try to make up for it, but it's hard now dividing my spare time between the two."
-
"My mom's okay. The cancer is only Stage 1, and stage 1 bre@st cancer isn't too hard to treat if found early... It didn't spread, so it's just the lump in her bre@st... she should be fine. They're going to do a lumpectomy and do some radiation treatment. She'll be in the hospital for the next week and then the doctor thinks she should be well on the road to recovery." Kevin explained. He paused for a minute and then said, "Look, Torie, I am so unbelievably sorry. So, so, sorry... I know that I can't say sorry enough, and I feel awful, babe. I love you with all my heart. You and Aiden are my everything and I can't believe how stupid I can be sometimes, forgetting the people most important to me until it's too late. I love you, Victoria."

Kevin was starting to cry, his emotions having been running high since last night, he was due for a breakdown. "Victoria, my beautiful love of my life... I know you need time to think about our relationship, and you want time alone, but I don't know how I'm going to be able to wait here at home for an answer, praying every moment that you'll forgive me but never knowing for sure. I love you so much..."

Last edited by TheHayleyDoll : 08-10-2014 at 09:25 PM.
Old
LadyBast0911 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Default 08-11-2014, 02:06 AM

Marissa walked over to the group. "Oliver should be down in a few minutes." She replied. "Torie and Ryan down yet?"

"No. They are still talking. Should one of us go get them?" Janie replied. "And, Luke, we all know you are doing your best. Right now it is just hard because he is so young. Once Marissa can explain the entire situation, he should be much better."

"Hey. Maybe they are doing more than just talking.." Alex shrugged.

"Torie is way to modest to do something like that." Greg replied. "And not that stupid. Especially with all of us here."

~

Torie sighed. "Kevin, I really don't want to get into this right now. We are getting ready to cut cake, do candles, and open presents. I am really glad to hear that Nina is doing well. Once Aiden and I get back, we will go see her. I'll talk to you soon." She replied, before quickly hanging up.

She was slowly loosing it as well. She had no idea how she was going to explain this to Aiden, how she was going to handle a divorce on top of her CIA duties, and how was she going to protect her son at all times. She crawled back into Ryan's lap, as she had been pacing while talking to Kevin. "We should be heading back down..." She mumbled.

<3
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 08-11-2014, 06:04 AM

"I'll go run upstairs and get them, get everything ready." Ella said, giving Doug a kiss on the cheek and then running upstairs.

Luke wanted to wait until Ryan and Torie were downstairs for the big cake reveal. "I don't know, Alex could be right. The chemistry between those two is undeniable, so for them to jump right back in, so to speak... it's not a crazy thought. I do doubt it though. They'd probably want to wait until tonight." Luke chuckled.
-
Ryan wrapped his arms around her. "We should. Rowan and Aiden are probably getting impatient for cake." Ryan kissed her again and then got up.

Ella knocked on the door, "We're waiting on you two. You done talking in there?"

"Yes, we're coming down." Ryan replied, walking to the door and opening it.
-
Hearing Torie not say 'I love you' again, along with the fact that she sounded so adamant not to talk to him, made Kevin angry. The sobbing stopped and he once again yelled down the halls, "IS ANYONE WORKING F*CKING HERE RIGHT NOW? I NEED SOMETHING! Nicole! Zara! I know this house isn't f*cking empty! Somebody get your @ss down here!"

Last edited by TheHayleyDoll : 08-11-2014 at 10:18 AM.