Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

RPG Games All Roleplay and Role-play games. Create and play Fantasy and In-Out-Character RPs, "legend of" type and any other RP games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 04-14-2014, 01:03 PM

Aiden blushed, looking a lot like his father.

"Exactly, Aiden. Just because there's two of you doesn't mean we'll have to love you have as much. Love doesn't work like that. You love me and Mommy a lot, right?"

"Yeah." Aiden said, looking at the ground. "But what if you spend less time with me?"

"We will spend time with you as much as we can. We'll always have time for you." Kevin told him as he ruffled his hair. "Guess what we're doing today, Aiden? We're going to Grandma and Grandpa's. Your Uncle Joey and Auntie Cathy and Auntie Natalie are going to be there."

The drive to Kevin's parents house wasn't a short one. They lived on opposite sides of the city, and with LA traffic being as awful as it is, it took two hours on a good day. Around mid-day, it probably took 3 or 4. Because of that, and the insane schedules everyone had, he didn't visit as often as he knew he should.
-
"Later. I'll text you when I'm done." Heather said and then left.

She went to their company's building, which was where they were holding the casting calls. Torie, of course, was the owner of the entire company, but Heather was pretty much the one in charge since Torie had given her CEO status. Heather didn't do too much on her own, having hired people under her to do specific aspects - such as casting, marketing, directing the shows, etc.

Anne was the casting director and in charge of calling models that fit the profile given to her by the designers. When doing final casting cuts though, she preferred to have both Heather and the designer they were working with help decide on which models would be walking the runway. Heather, because Anne didn't want to pick any model that Heather thought misrepresented their brand, and the designer because it was, after all, their clothing the models would be wearing.

"Mrs. Rice! I'm so glad you could come!" Anne, a very petite 30-something, hugged her boss.

"It's no problem, Anne. And please, in person at least, call me Heather." She replied. "Is Christian here?"

"No, not yet. He should be on his way with his collection any minute." Anne replied. "We're also still missing 3 of our models."

"Well, you know how I feel about that."

"Yes, ma'am. If they don't show, they don't care." Anne said.

"Exactly. And if they don't show for casting, imagine if they were late to the runway. The last thing we need is to worry about that." Heather nodded. "As soon as Christian gets here, we are starting casting. If a model isn't dressed when we call her name, then she doesn't get the job."

"While we wait, did you want to do some-"

"No. I can't right now. My husband came home early today while I was still buzzed and was really upset, so-"

"But he isn't here right now, Heather."

"Not right now. Not today." She repeated.

Last edited by TheHayleyDoll : 04-14-2014 at 10:53 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old
LadyBast0911 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: Not Rated
Default 04-15-2014, 12:00 AM

Torie played a game with Aiden while they waited in traffic. She called it the ABC game. It was super simple but helped Aiden learn his alphabet. They would find each letter in the alphabet in different words (i.e. L in the word Balloon) and then Aiden would say a word that started with that letter (i.e. L as in Lion).
~
Alex went to his own work, as there was some things that needed to get done that day.
~
Christian soon walked in. He was a scrawny little guy that was very similar to Greg. He had on dark rimmed glasses, a shabby hair cut, a pair of black trousers with a white shirt and red bow tie. "Oh. My. GWAD! Traffic is so horrible here." He said. "I am so sorry Mrs. Rice, Anne."

Being single doesn't make you weak, it means that you are strong enough to be on your own; Being alone could be a good thing, because there is no drama involved in your life, no pain, and free to do what ever you want. Life is too short to be chasing those who aren't even worth fighting for, you are worth more than that.
<3

Last edited by LadyBast0911 : 04-15-2014 at 12:03 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 04-15-2014, 12:15 AM

Eventually, they arrived at Joseph and Nina Ellingson's house. Kevin wasn't used to it looking so... small. Of course, Kevin had splurged for a massive 13,000 sq.ft mansion while his parents' place was a 'measly' 8,000. xD

He got out of the car, driven by Nicole, and helped his wife and son out. He sais to Nicole, "We'll be staying here until our flight on Monday, so feel free to head back to our place or if you'd like, take a trip of your own for a week. And here's a little something for you." He handed her a $10,000 check. "Think of it as a vacation bonus."

Nina walked into the front yard with open arms. "Where's my favourite grandson?"

Aiden laughed as he ran over and hugged his Grandma. "Here I am, Nana!"
-
"Don't be sorry, Christian. You're here, that's all that matters. And it's Heather. Mrs. Rice is far too formal for my liking." Heather said, leading him into the casting room. "Anne, darling, go bring his clothing inside to the models, please."

Anne nodded and brought the clothes to the models. Lacey had been called in as a model because she was considered one of their go-to models. Even if she didn't fit exactly what they designer wanted, she was still invited to at least try, and often she would be picked anyway.
Old
LadyBast0911 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Default 04-15-2014, 12:21 AM

Nicole smiled. "Thank you, Kevin. Victoria. I believe I shall take up that offer of going on a vacation. School is off this week as well." She said, hugging them both. "I will unload your bags and then head to your place."

"I will help you." Torie said, turning to Kevin. "Why don't you head inside and see who is all there."
~
"Of course, Heather. Now, I cannot wait to see the models in my clothing. OH, this is going to be FABULOUS!" He said, following her.

Lacey was happy to be there. While she still found it odd that her husbands ex-girlfriend was her boss, she loved what she did. And it helped her keep tabs, just in case. xD

Being single doesn't make you weak, it means that you are strong enough to be on your own; Being alone could be a good thing, because there is no drama involved in your life, no pain, and free to do what ever you want. Life is too short to be chasing those who aren't even worth fighting for, you are worth more than that.
<3
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 04-15-2014, 12:37 AM

"Sure. And don't work too hard unpacking, babe." Kevin kissed her. He then went inside to the main room with his mom and Aiden.

Other than his parents, Joey was also there. Cathy and Natalie were still on their way.

Joey didn't look much different than he had 5 years ago, but he did look slightly more put together and his eyes weren't red or glazed over. He still smoked pot sometimes, but he wasn't constantly high anymore. "Hey, Aiden. How's it hanging, little buddy?" He high fived his nephew.

"Hi, Uncle Joey." Aiden smiled at him. He then gave his grandpa a hug, "Hi Gampa."

Joseph hugged his grandson back. "I have a gift for you, Aiden, but you can't have it until after dinner."

"A gift? Like what, Gampa?"

"You'll have to wait and see. You better eat all your dinner, because only good boys get gifts." Joseph told him.

Nina stood back a bit with her son. She asked Kevin, "How are things?"

"Things are good, mom. Torie and I actually have a surprise to tell you all, but it can wait until everyone is here."

"I can hardly wait." Nina replied. "So... You two don't see each other much, do you? I know you've both been busy."

"Yeah, well, I retired from music now. With Victoria always on business, it's getting to a point where it's not only our relationship that's taking a little bit of a backseat, but Aiden's not spending as much time with the two of us as I hoped. But I'll be working 9-5 again soon, so I should be home every evening for him."

"Have you been drinking again?"

"What? Mom, I-"

"A mother knows, Kevin. You and Torie aren't always around each other, and I'm worried that might be affecting you... And I saw an article about you being at a bar with some of your music friends."

"It was written by Liz's magazine. That has no merit, mom." Kevin replied. "Besides, I might have a few here and there, but I haven't been 'drunk' for over 5 years."
-
Heather giggled, "I'm sure it will be."

She sat at the table at the end of the short runway and waited for the models to be ready.
Old
LadyBast0911 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Default 04-15-2014, 12:43 AM

Natalie wasn't going to let Torie do much anyways. She grabbed the heavier suitcases while Torie grabbed the lighter ones. "Are you sure you are going to be ok, Tor?" Nicole asked.

"We should be. Besides, Janie, Greg, and Luke plus Marissa will be there. Nothing will happen that we can't handle." Torie said.

"But you're pregnant. Have you told the agency?"

"Yes. And they will be scaling back some of the more dangerous missions along with adding Miranda to my team. She will also become one of my 'temporary bodyguards' along with John. They aren't taking any chances this time around." Torie replied.

"Ok. Here, let me help you take this inside and then I will head back to the house." Nicole said, rolling the heavier suitcases up to the front door.

"Thank you, Nicole." Torie said, grabbing the lighter bags. Once that was done, Torie hugged her. "Be careful yourself."

"Same to you." Nicole said, before getting back into the car and leaving. Torie then walked into the house. "Babe?"

<3
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 04-15-2014, 12:53 AM

"In the living room, Tor." Kevin yelled down in the direction of the hallway. He then said to his mother, "I promise I won't become 'that guy' again, mom. Especially not right now."

Just then, Natalie came in. She smiled, "Hey, Kev! It's so great to see you, bro! It's been so long!"

"I know. It's unfair, I see you on TV all the time now."

"Oh, shut up." Natalie blushed, "I see you on TV a lot."

"Maybe on sh*tty entertainment news broadcasts, but your in a TV show. A great one, I might add, eh Dad?" Kevin complimented.

"Thank you, Kev. Natalie is really impressing me, I must admit."

Natalie giggled and blushed some more. "Awe, shucks, guys."

Aiden hugged Natalie's leg. "Hi." He said cutely.

"Hey, Aiden. You're getting so big." Natalie looked at him and then at Kevin, "He looks more like you every day."
-
Soon, Heather was calling down the models. After walking the short runway one by one for the panel, consisting of Heather, Anne and Christian, they had to decide on who was going to be in the show.
Old
LadyBast0911 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Default 04-15-2014, 12:59 AM

Torie walked in, following Natalie. "Hey, everyone." She said, coming in and picking Aiden up. Whenever she had the chance, she always held her son close. "Natalie, congrats on the TV show. Your brother watches it every week. I, unfortunately, am always playing catch up. Great show, by the way, Joseph."
~
Christian immediately eliminated 3 girls, as he hated their walks. He then narrowed it down to 12, as only nine were in his show. Amy, Darcy, Nikki, Courtney, Carolynn, Katie, Chelsea, Danielle, Lacey, Dorothy, Brittney, and Serena. "What did you ladies think?" He asked.

<3
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 04-15-2014, 01:10 AM

"Thank you, Victoria. Kevin was just talking about it as well." Joseph said.

"What can I say, I'm a big fan. How can I not be when my sister's in it and my dad directs it?" Kevin laughed.

Cathy arrived, bringing her husband Michael and young daughter Carly and baby boy Toby. Carly was a very fair skinned ginger-haired girl, while Toby had a few very blond hairs on his little head. Michael was an older man (her type), in his early 40s. Carly was very shy and hid behind her father when they came in. Cathy was holding Toby close to her in a blanket. "Hello, everyone. We're here. Carly, why don't you go play with Aiden while I show everyone else your baby brother?"
-
Heather, obviously critical of her own weight, was very critical about others. "Brittney, Chelsea, and Katie are too big and if they want to be in the show, they'd have to agree to lose 5-10lbs."
Old
LadyBast0911 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Default 04-15-2014, 01:20 AM

Torie smiled, put Aiden on the ground, and bent down to Carly's level. "Hey, Carly. Can you come give your auntie a hug?" She asked, holding her arms out. "Hello Cathy, Michael."

Michael smiled. "Hello Victoria. It is nice to see everyone else as well." He said, walking over to Aiden. "Hey buddy!" He said, holding his hand out for a high five.

While Cathy had forgiven Torie for what she did to Liz, Torie was not nearly as forgiving. Cathy had said some very hurtful words to both her and Kevin, something that Torie wasn't sure she could forgive. Now, it wasn't like Torie was a complete b*tch to her, just very distant.
~
Christian shook his head. "I don't mind the weight. I have a couple of outfits that they could wear. I am trying to broaden the horizon of how models should like. Its not a 'one size fits skinny' world." He said. "However, I am not a fan of Serena's hair. Black to blue is not ok. She would have to dye her hair one color. Also, Courtney was a little to skinny for my taste. The clothes just looked too baggy on her. And Carolynn was the same way."

<3