Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

RPG Games All Roleplay and Role-play games. Create and play Fantasy and In-Out-Character RPs, "legend of" type and any other RP games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#631 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 11-18-2013, 02:16 PM

Falcon got into the taxi besides Ariella. "I wouldn't, either," he said. Once the taxi started off, he continued to talk to her, too low to be overheard by the driver.

"I don't think that Jude really understands about hunters at all," he said. "Certainly, he's never encountered one as of yet. But I have. I know what they're like, and that they never give up til they're dead. One even tried to kill Uncle Mordred."

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#632 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 11-18-2013, 02:18 PM

"Oh, that was forever ago." She waved a hand and settled back in her seat. "And didn't he deal with the poor sod?"

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#633 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 11-18-2013, 02:59 PM

"Yes," Falcon replied. "Changed him into a vampire. Uncle Mordred hoped that he'd kill himself, but he didn't. Still alive now, as far as I know."

(#634 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 11-18-2013, 03:10 PM

"Great, now your uncle's made a better hunter out of him." She rubbed her eyes. "Your uncle's not a fool, but that wasn't a smart choice."

But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
(#635 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 11-19-2013, 08:58 AM

"He forgot about the hunter's religion forbidding him to kill himself, that's all."

(#636 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 11-19-2013, 02:05 PM

She sighed. "Hopefully, most hunters in recent time aren't similar."

Halestorm
(#637 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 11-19-2013, 08:06 PM

"They're not, but they have the same kind of ideals as a general rule," Falcon said. "That is to say, they view all vampires as being equally evil and guilty."

(#638 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 11-20-2013, 12:04 PM

"Could be worse." She yawned lightly and looked out the car window before turning back to him. "I did smell a 'wolf today. Faint though, like it had simply passed on by," she said.

----

Somewhere, days away on a far away road, a car raced down the rain-slick highway, her foot heavy on the gas as she stared out at the road. In the passenger seat, a tall man with dark skin had his feet up on the dash, his arms crossed as he dozed. Red-streaked black hair lay across his face, and for a moment as she glanced at him, she felt the temptation to wake him up and deprive him of sleep more.

She couldn't. Not today.

She kept a hand on the wheel as she hit the cruise control, the straight stretch keeping it mostly in line, and she pulled a cigarette out of the pack in the console. "Where's my lighter?" She checked for the Zippo, hand fumbling in the dark.

"Looking for this?" A hand held up the black metal lighter, and she scowled at him.

"Hand it over, Dale." She grabbed at it but he kept it out of each.

"Pull over, then. We need to talk and you keep putting it off." He crossed his arms again, tucking the lighter under his arm. She rolled her eyes and put the car into gear, gently applying the brake and slowing the car down. The tires crunched gravel off the curb as she parked, and she held her hand out, filter between her lips. "Good girl."

"Very funny. Shut up." She lit her cigarette and shut the lid. "What do you even want to discuss? She and I are over but I need to make sure that she's safe. I don't want any of the bloodsuckers using her as a personal supply." She took a short drag and climbed out the window of her car; the door didn't properly open. Dale sighed and opened the door on his side, struggling some as he stood up. Being close to seven feet tall wasn't exactly a cakewalk.

"I still don't understand why you never saw her - or, hell, even me - as a Hungryman Dinner, Toni." He rested his arms on the top of the old Mustang, watching her as she paced back and forth along the car. Her hands raked through her short red hair. She fidgeted with her jacket, twisted her right lipring back into place before finally turning to him.

"Because I don't see humans as meals with legs." She threw the cigarette into the dirt and grabbed another one out of the car. She didn't feel the same physical need for them, but that didn't mean she didn't feel relaxed smoking them. "Last time I bit a human, I felt kinda sick, anyway." She lit the next cancer stick and held it between her teeth, looking up at the full moon. Only a few more hours. "Sure you don't want to see the world in all the colors it offers?"

"A permanent high doesn't sound very fun. Sounds boring after awhile."

"Yeah, well." She blew a cloud of smoke at him. "I guess if you're a human, that's how it rolls." She smiled, sadly. "Until I found you guys, it was... it was da.mn lonely. I don't want cu- kids of my own. I'd be sh*t at being a parent. Having a pack sounds like a pain in the ass because everybody takes care of everybody, and I don't want to rely on other people to watch my back."

"But you constantly watched over Kiki. You watch out for the rest of us. You're like a... what's it?"

"Alpha." She snorted. "An alpha wolf to a pack of humans, that's me." She threw her hands in the air. "And I don't care. You're the only f*cking family I've ever known, the only pack that hasn't thrown me out because I don't care about staying in the wild or staying away from cities because tradition holds we're wolves, we stay in the forests." She scowled at him, then turned away. "You guys are the only ones able to put up with me," she muttered.

"Because you're one of the band, my little terror." He walked around the car and put an arm around her; she wasn't exactly short, herself, so it wasn't hard. "I know I give you a hard time, but-"

"Don't start getting soft on me. I hate you." She didn't resist leaning into him despite her words.

"I hate you too. But I guess mine's more of a fuzzy discontent and yours is just more violent rage." He tousled her short red hair and she grinned a bit. "For what it's worth, I'm glad we haven't fought in a few weeks. We both needed a break from that, after everything with the Aras family."

"F*cking bloodsuckers." She seethed a bit, gnashing her teeth. "If Pater hadn't died in that accident, we'd be in deep trouble. He would've smelled me on Kiki eventually and probably turned her to spite me."

"Did you want her to change by you?" He tilted his head, rubbing the back of her neck.

"I..." She shook her head. "I wanted it to be her choice. Vampires don't care. Most don't," she added. "Most want to have... bigger groups, no different from werewolves. The problem I have with the vampires up ahead?" She sniffed. "They scared out or killed most of a werewolf pack, years ago. The alpha got it in his head that the vampires were moving in on their turf, guess he felt threatened even though we've got two different food sources." She flinched as the cinders from the cigarette hit her lips; she'd forgotten she had it between her teeth and she spat it onto the ground. "Wolves went after the vamps, and paid the price."

"Were you one of the pack?"

"My mom was. Had me with a guy from another pack, since she couldn't stand to be with the others. Said they were foolish, said she wished she'd stayed behind with the rest." She sniffed. "You kill one vampire, they kill your entire family and leave you alive to regret it for the rest of your existence."

"Maybe you should bite me so I'm not some kinda sick bartering chip."

"You, a werewolf?" She snorted. "Worst idea you've ever spewed, my friend." She crossed her arms and leaned back against the car. "Would be the scariest wolf I've ever seen."

"So, question, then." He sat down on the ground, feet pushing up small piles of gravel. "You said that some werewolves see it as they're wolves with a human form." He rubbed his chin. "How do you see it?" His immeasurably dark eyes looked up at her.

"I like being human more than I like being a wolf. If I run around on all fours all day, I get shot at, yelled at, sticks and rocks thrown at me. If I run around human-like, people talk to me. I'm not treated like vermin." She didn't look at him. "Like I've said time and time again to you. You've been the first to treat me like a family, outside of the pack I left. Even if our standard of a family might be a little skewed, it's better than I've ever had."

"C'mere, you." He wrapped his arm around her waist and pulled her into his lap. "Hate-snuggles. The cure for all the world's ills." He tucked her head under his, humming. "There, there. No sad thoughts."

"You suck." Her voice was muffled against his neck.

"Nah, I'm not a vampire." He chuckled, a warm rumble against her ears. "How long did you say it'll take us to get there?"

"A few more days. It's pretty far away; needed to make sure nothing that happened to her and her sister here caught up to her out there." She wrapped an arm around his shoulders, settling more comfortably. "Should... Should I ask her to take me back?"

"That's up to you, Toni. I can't tell you - or her - to fix what you broke," he said after thinking. Toni bit her lip and said nothing. "What did you tell her to get her to leave, anyway? Sh*t was so bad after that crash, you didn't come home for a week."

"I told her she had a better chance of survival somewhere else." She chewed her lip again, nervously. "With any luck, Capri's been good and stayed out of trouble." She made to stand, but he held her down in his arms. "I need to keep driving if we're gonna make good time."

"Let me drive. You've been in that seat for two days now." He kissed her cheek and picked her up, setting her in the passenger seat before uncomfortably climbing through the driver-side window and pushing the seat as far back as he could. When he turned to her, she had already fallen asleep. With a smile, he turned the key in the ignition and pressed the gas, turning back onto the road and continuing the road trip.

Halestorm

Last edited by Silent_Wolf : 11-20-2013 at 12:40 PM.
(#639 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 11-20-2013, 07:56 PM

Dolph was sitting on a bench by the side of the road, smoking a cigarette and thinking. Sometimes he wondered if he was doing the right thing by keeping the pack in the town, if it wouldn't be better for them to just throw it all in and go someplace else where they could roam free. However, the next thought trashed that idea. This was their home, and he wasn't about to let the vampires drive them out of it.

Maybe once the pack was bigger and better established, they could maybe get a proper house to themselves rather than just living in the squat and even take trips out places. Jasmine and Lupe would like that, seeing as they were new werewolves and still remembered how it felt to be human. That was something that a born werewolf could never know, no matter how much they tried. If only the wolves that had ran away had returned... the pack would be more secure. Just how could they run away and stay away? Didn't they feel any attachment to their pack?

(#640 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 11-21-2013, 02:05 AM

Toni slept uneasily in the passenger-side seat as Dale drove on and on. She had no attachment to any wolves; hell, had no loyalty or affection for her mother, who had pined constantly for the wilderness she'd abandoned. The handful of times she and the other cubs (what few had been born after the rift) had been taken out to run wild, she herself had hated it; had missed the roar of cars and the sound of other people nearby. Even being in this car was driving her mad as she stared at endless miles of highway.

She sometimes thought about being part of an urban pack, but that would require either having kids or turning her bandmates. She didn't have it in her heart to bite them; Vince was already neurotic as it was, and Dale had already turned her down for the time being. The other idea was to find the pack in town, the ones her mother had left behind... They would probably turn her away, sins of the mother and the others who had left.

----

Ariella finished her business with the director, glad it had needed little guidance from Falcon, and smiled at him. "Let's get something hot to drink; it's about the right weather for hot cocoa again!"

Halestorm