Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

RPG Games All Roleplay and Role-play games. Create and play Fantasy and In-Out-Character RPs, "legend of" type and any other RP games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#691 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 10-21-2013, 01:06 PM

"I just don't like the silence, to be honest." Diane leaned against a wall, gingerly. "Even in the apartments, we could still hear other people; not clearly, always muffled by the walls."

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#692 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 10-22-2013, 06:33 AM

"I can understand that," Hyena replied, sympathetically. "After all, the dome world is full of people. It must be a bit scary to come from that, to here where there's nowhere near the amount of people around you."

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#693 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 10-23-2013, 02:01 AM

She nodded. "I guess that's something I miss. There was always someone nearby, next door or next floor up or down. Here?" She gestured. "I feel like I'm expecting to see a ghost walk through that door."

But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
(#694 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 10-23-2013, 07:25 AM

"You're not the only one to feel that way," Hyena replied. "It's why people call these places the Ghost Cities."

(#695 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 10-23-2013, 01:10 PM

"Yeah." Diane thought for a minute. "Mind if I look in some of the rooms? It's creepy to be in here, but it's also a huge chunk of history that got left behind, too and I want to see some of it."

Halestorm
(#696 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 10-23-2013, 06:59 PM

"Sure," Hyena replied. "We'll just grab the solar panels from over there and then we'll head back downstairs."

(#697 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 10-25-2013, 12:05 PM

"I'll catch up to you in a minute." Diane opened a door and stepped inside gingerly.

The room was dimly lit by light coming in through the window, but it was enough to illuminate what had once been rather grand quarters. The carpet seemed to be a red color, or what was left of it, and the remnants of the bed were rusted and sunken.

Across the room, a dusty box sat on a dresser, a crank broken next to it. She brushed the dust off the lid and opened it, examining the contents. A black disk rested within a mechanism apparently designed to read it, and her jaw dropped. "Hyena, come here! I found a record player!" She'd never really seen one in person; photos, from a distance in a museum, but that was it, and she'd certainly never heard one play.

She found the power cord and picked it up. The rubber outer casing of the cord had rotted away, but she had tape to cover it up with and maybe she could utilize her little solar charger to... She smiled, absolutely stunned to find something like this. What record was it? She gingerly picked up the disk and was relieved that it didn't break apart, and she examined the old, old sticker. The ink had been preserved somewhat thanks to the lack of light, but it was still hard to read. "... Iron... Maiden...?"

Halestorm
(#698 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 10-25-2013, 05:48 PM

Hyena had already collected the solar panels; she left them in a pile as she heard Diane calling her name.

"What have you found?" she asked, walking into the room.

(#699 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 10-26-2013, 07:47 AM

"It's a record player!" She smiled. "I can probably get it working with my little solar charger that I brought in my bag."

Halestorm
(#700 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 10-26-2013, 10:10 AM

"That would be fantastic, if you could," Hyena replied. "I love music. But the only music I ever hear is home made. Infri plays a guitar we found in one of the rooms upstairs in the hotel, but it's old and doesn't sound very good."