Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

RPG Games All Roleplay and Role-play games. Create and play Fantasy and In-Out-Character RPs, "legend of" type and any other RP games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#371 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 10-07-2012, 03:31 PM

"Glad to see she got something good out of it, then."

Sinopa came scurrying back with her notepads and sat down next to Diane, and they stared looking at the blueprints. Diane was visibly impressed. "These are rough, but they're pretty sound."

"Thanks. A d*ckhead Utopian took my better drafts, though, when they came over." She looked upset.

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#372 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 10-07-2012, 04:07 PM

"The Ufus are alright, but there's always people who come with them who just want to see our continent, and see the freakshow," Jane said, contemptiously.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#373 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 10-07-2012, 04:11 PM

"..." Diane didn't comment and just did a little finetuning on Sinopa's blueprints.

*later*

But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
(#374 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 10-07-2012, 04:24 PM

Jane had talked to her mother Clare, who had agreed that Diane could stay with them for as long as she wanted. Clare wondered if Diane would like to talk to her, seeing as she'd once been a Utopian, too.

(#375 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 10-07-2012, 04:26 PM

Diane was sitting with Sinopa in her house, going over the final details. Sinopa had brought over more blueprint sheets and Diane was now measuring her wingspan. "... Hey, um. Clare? Have you got any string?" Diane pulled on her tape measure, frowning. "My tape's not long enough to do this."

Halestorm
(#376 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 10-07-2012, 04:36 PM

"Sure," Clare replied. She gave Diane a ball of yarn.

(#377 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 10-07-2012, 04:37 PM

"Thanks." She unwound the string and idly used her teeth to snip off a decent length of it. "... how'd you wind up exiled? If you don't want to talk about it, I'll understand."

Halestorm
(#378 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 10-07-2012, 04:45 PM

"It was a long time ago, so I'm not too bothered talking about it," Clare replied. "Basically, I wasn't happy where I was. I didn't like the way my entire life was planned out for me, like the fact that my aptitude test showed that I was apparently best suited to being a secretary. I rebelled against it and went about in a gang with other discontented teens. We fought against the good little students who were happy to follow the path set out for them; eventually, I got into a fight with a girl over a boy who ended up not being worth it at all. She could have just as easily killed me; she was hitting me just as hard, but the only one who was a witness was this boy and he chose not to say anything."

(#379 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 10-07-2012, 04:46 PM

"...I wasn't even aware that you got appointed as secretaries. Thought people who had aptitudes for writing picked branches of it." Diane frowned. "English was never my strong point."

Halestorm
(#380 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 10-07-2012, 05:10 PM

"Everyone gets their job selected for them, supposedly based on what their talent is," Clare replied, with an eyeroll. "It takes no account on what you actually enjoy doing."