Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

RPG Games All Roleplay and Role-play games. Create and play Fantasy and In-Out-Character RPs, "legend of" type and any other RP games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#151 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 09-22-2012, 07:57 PM

"Yep, welcome to the family!" Killie pulled Kayte to her feet and gave her a hard, tight hug. "... oooh, fish tail!"

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#152 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 09-23-2012, 09:11 AM

Infri also hugged Kayte; Hyena patted her on the back. As far as they were concerned, Kayte was truly one of them, now.

*end flashback*

It was years after the incident, and Infri and Kayte were together as a couple.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#153 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 09-23-2012, 09:29 AM

Kayte's leg had healed surprisingly well (though the calf-fin on that leg was and always would be withered and small), and she was nearly never seen without the doctor's jacket Infri had found in the hospital - which she sometimes referred to as the 'hopital' to gently ruffle Infri. She too had a fox mask - this one painted blue and green. As well as being his girlfriend, she was also a doctor - and with Killie's help, she ran a tiny clinic but mostly, people knew where to find her if they really needed her.

But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
(#154 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 09-23-2012, 09:38 AM

Sometimes settlement dwellers would travel to the city for medical treatment, which Infri was fine about as long as they contributed something in return. He wasn't about to scatter the largess of the clinic for free; as long as a mutant handed over something in return, he was fine about that. Food was usually used as barter; tho the Fox tribe had an almost infinate supply of food in the shape of tinned or bottled items, and could fish in the river or hunt waterfowl in the park, red meat in the shape of deer, cattle etc was hard to come by and if a settlement dweller wanted medical treatment, handing over red meat guaranteed treatment.

(#155 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 09-23-2012, 09:42 AM

Kayte had a slightly different opinion; if the settler's situation was very dire or if a child was very ill, she'd operate or provide treatment with the caveat that the settler would stay in the city for a time and help out at the clinic as payment, or until the settlement sent payment on for them. This happened rarely, though, and this was more a personal standard she held for herself.

Halestorm
(#156 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 09-23-2012, 09:51 AM

Infri thought that was a stupid idea, as the vast majority of settlement dwellers either hated or feared the cities, so forcing them to stay and help wasn't good for either party. However, if they hunted along the way and brought food with them, then they would only have to stay as long as it took to cure them.

(#157 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 09-23-2012, 09:52 AM

Kayte found that as a good compromise.

She sat down next to Infri and rested her head on his shoulder. "I ever tell you how much I really hate tonsils." She wrinkled her nose under her mask.

Halestorm
(#158 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 09-23-2012, 09:59 AM

"So take them out," Infri said, jokingly. "Then you won't have to put up with them no more."

(#159 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 09-23-2012, 10:10 AM

"Just, everybody's getting tonsillitis lately." She stretched her legs out; her tail did the same. It wasn't quite prehensile, but it could be useful. "I'm terrified I'll have to take mine out soon."

Halestorm
(#160 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 09-23-2012, 10:21 AM

"There's some laughing gas canisters available, so you could use that and get Killie to do it for you," Infri replied. "You won't feel a thing."

Hyena was in a nearby room with her boyf, who was named Quagga. He had dark skin with white stripes on his arms and legs, along with black and white hair and orange eyes. He also had hooves for feet. Hyena had stopped teasing Infri about having a girlf the moment she had gotten a boyf of her own. XD