Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

RPG Games All Roleplay and Role-play games. Create and play Fantasy and In-Out-Character RPs, "legend of" type and any other RP games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#111 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 09-21-2012, 07:11 PM

"I can probably do a quiet one." She grabbed one of the blankets, recognizing it from a book.

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#112 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 09-21-2012, 07:18 PM

Infri whistled to call over the horse he normally rode, then did a slightly higher whistle to summon a bay mare who was the quietest of all the horses. Infri's horse was a paint who was almost completely white save for a black head and tail. The paint's eyes were mismatched like Infri's so it was obvious why he'd chosen this horse for his own. The horse's eyes however were brown and blue. He quickly bridled both horses and handed the reins of the bay mare to Kayte.

"I'll give you a leg up," he said. "Doubt you could hop up on that leg."

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#113 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 09-21-2012, 07:20 PM

"Might if I throw it up there, first," she said, seriously. Despite this though, she did accept his help onto the horse and she rubbed the mare's neck once she was on her back. "Pretty girl."

But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
(#114 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 09-21-2012, 07:29 PM

"Her name's Beauty," Infri said. "I looked that up in a book, so it's a proper horse name. Mine is called Snowball. Dunno whether that is or not, but I found the name in a book and liked it. Follow me; I'll take you to that hopital place." He mounted his own horse easily, vaulting on to Snowball's bare back.

Infri led the way out the park, making sure to tie the gates shut after they'd passed thru. The city was fairly quiet, a far cry from the constant noise of traffic that had passed thru it many decades before. There were plants growing thru cracks in the pavement and road tarmac, but the Ghost People had made sure that it was safe to travel along.

The hospital was right in what had once been a thriving city centre; now it was as quiet as the rest of the city. There was a crudely made hitching post outside the building, made by the Ghost People to tie horses to while going inside.

(#115 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 09-21-2012, 07:51 PM

Kayte was able to get off the horse okay; she leaned against the hitching post to get down. "This is nothing like our hospitals at home." She looked up at the building after tying the bridle.

Halestorm
(#116 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 09-21-2012, 07:56 PM

Infri tied Snowball up next to Beauty before replying. "Yeah, bet yours are posher and with more stuff, right?" he said. "This is one of the old ones before all the Regulars moved to the domes. Like I said before, they had to leave all their stuff behind."

(#117 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 09-21-2012, 08:07 PM

"People were scared. I don't even know what it's like to be scared." She limped up to the door and pushed it open with her free arm. After taking the weight off of her leg for awhile, it felt a little better. "I mean, cosmetically. I was training to be...a brain surgeon doctor. A neurologist. I wanted to know what was misfiring in my own brain so badly that I can't be scared of anything. Even for all our advances in medicine, we're still stupid with the brain, to some degree."

Halestorm
(#118 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 09-21-2012, 08:15 PM

"A lot of Utopians are dumb as a box of rocks anyway," Infri said as he took Kayte to the main part of the hospital, where the medical supplies were kept.

"For example, they think that we're all stupid savages, just cuz we look different. They're too scared to come into the Ghost Cities, cuz they think we'll eat them or something, and they think they're better than just cuz they look perfect. Not meaning you, by the way, just the bubble world people as a whole."

The room where they were had metal boxes full of various medical items; bandages, splints, plasters etc. There were also boxes of painkillers and other pills, all clearly labeled.

(#119 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 09-21-2012, 08:20 PM

"They're complacent. They've forgotten what discord is." She opened one of the boxes and checked the pills inside; somehow despite the centuries, the pills seemed to be fine. "This is good. This... is beyond good actually if this stuff's still viable." She checked a few other boxes and wondered if there was a decent doctor's kit around. "Help me find a bag or something so we can take stuff back to the rest of your group."

Halestorm
(#120 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 09-21-2012, 08:26 PM

"Stuff's fine, we've used it before and it works," Infri said, looking about for a bag. He eventually found one in a nearby cupboard, in which also hung a few nurse's uniforms and a doctor's white coat, not so white now. He handed the bag to Kayte.

"Take all you need," he said. "We can always come back another time to get more, remember. I can even teach you how to summon the horses; they recognise our whistles so Snowball always comes to mine."