Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

RPG Games All Roleplay and Role-play games. Create and play Fantasy and In-Out-Character RPs, "legend of" type and any other RP games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#91 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 09-19-2012, 07:12 PM

"There was a blue box by the window. Like what they used to put mail in." She started to walk, but her leg began to shake again - this time, it was the leg that was unhurt. "Dammit."

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#92 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 09-19-2012, 07:28 PM

"I know it." Infri put an arm around Kayte's shoulders to help her walk. Since the hotel was near the entrance to the city that Kayte had entered by, it wasn't difficult to find it.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#93 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 09-19-2012, 07:37 PM

"There it is!" She pointed with her free arm. "I-in that direction."

But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
(#94 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 09-19-2012, 07:45 PM

Infri led her to where the camp had been... but now, there was nobody there.

(#95 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 09-19-2012, 07:50 PM

"... I-I don't understand, I couldn't have been gone that long, it was..." She looked around, her heart dropping in her chest. "I... I just left a little bit ago."

Halestorm
(#96 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 09-19-2012, 07:55 PM

It had in fact been a couple of hours; hours in which the other Utopians had frantically searched for Kayte before reluctantly giving her up as lost. Their food would only last them til they returned to Utopia, and they feared that their friend was dead; especially if, as they suspected, she'd entered the Ghost City. So with heavy hearts, the group had left in the hovercopter back for the dome world.

Infri was silent for a few minutes, before he said, "You could always come back with me, you know. Sure, the moment you drink the water or swim in it, you'll end up mutated, but that wouldn't be so bad. There's lots of food around; we got everything that was left behind and it's all tinned or bottled so it's preserved forever."

Infri had grown to like Kayte a lot in the time they'd so far spent together, and he really wanted her to stay. He thought for a moment, then took off his mask, hoping to persuade her since she'd wanted to see his face before. Now she could look into his eyes and see that he was telling the truth.

(#97 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 09-19-2012, 08:00 PM

Kayte stared at the empty encampment, hardly believing they'd just given up; if it had been her looking for another Utopian, she would have kept looking, fears be da.mned.

She... she felt abandoned.

She only half-heard Infri at first, but she turned her head - and when she saw him taking off the mask as she did so, she was a bit surprised.

For an Irregular, he was... kind of cute, really.

"... I don't suppose I have a choice. I... I don't want to die." She finally just sat down in the dirt, wanting to rest her arms and legs for a minute. "... Oh, god, my brother's going to be so upset when they tell him I'm lost." Tears streaked down her cheeks.

Halestorm
(#98 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 09-20-2012, 07:03 AM

Infri patted Kayte awkwardly on the shoulder. "Maybe if another group comes over," he said, "We could tell them to pass on a message so at least your brother will know you're alive."

(#99 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 4 Votes / 4.75 Average
Default 09-20-2012, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda_ View Post
"Not hard to see someone who glows," Jane said with a laugh. "That's a seriously awesome characteristic. I'm really jealous."

Infri nodded and brought over some lengths of wood to Kayte. "Haven't ever seen a Utopian in this city," he said, conversationally. "We sometimes see the settlement Irregulars, but the Utopians are generally too scared to come in the Ghost Cities."

He handed her one of the chopped lengths along with some torn tea cloths he'd found. "The others are in the bar downstairs, just so you know," Infri added. "Don't worry about them; they won't hurt you."
"That's why I wear my head-scarf when i hunt," Amy chuckled. "Fishing today?"

"Mmmmm, fish," Adam said, licking his lips.

(#100 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 09-21-2012, 07:02 AM

Justin smiled at the pair of them. "Already caught a couple," he said. "Jane says her mum will get out the barbeque tonight. You know, that thing that you can cook on outside. She traded it for half a deer with the Ghost People."