Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

RPG Games All Roleplay and Role-play games. Create and play Fantasy and In-Out-Character RPs, "legend of" type and any other RP games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#581 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 4 Votes / 4.75 Average
Default 06-04-2012, 01:01 PM

Lucy had sewn pockets into his black linen robes for days such as this. "If you've known that, how come you've never come here before... or have you?" he asked the older raven.

Alessandro roughly slapped the due amount into Victor's out-stretched hand and then simply waited; after pocketing the money, Alessandro knew the boy would str*p and wait for the deed to be done.

~

"Wow. No offense, but I'd heard that the rich cats were snobbity-snobs, but you're not," Taka chirped in her high-pitched little voice. Despite her silly attitude, she could be fairly sharp at times for a seven-year-old.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#582 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 06-04-2012, 01:05 PM

"I've been here once or twice," Remy replied, casually. "They say that a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but in my case, it pays dividends. I try not to come here too often tho; Alessandro's a dangerous man to cross, and he'd soon notice stuff disappearing if I did. I wouldn't recommend you came here without me, either."

Victor put the cash in a money belt, then began to remove his clothes, wanting it to be over as quickly as possible. When he was naked, he lay face down on the bed. The hangings around the bed were moth eaten and mouse nibbled, as were the sheets. More signs of a man who considered the amount of possessions far more than paying for basics.

~~~

"Some are," admitted Ari. "There are others tho, like myself, who are tired of the status quo and wish for change."

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#583 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 06-04-2012, 01:16 PM

"So, what, I'll never be as good as you?" Lucy asked, one black brow raised, hands on hips; he was a sassy young boy, this Lucius. "No way am I gonna keep selling myself for a living. Nope. I'd rather be like you."

Alessandro didn't make nearly as much on his pieces as he would in a fair market, of course, and had to haggle to get more. He'd rather die than admit that, of course. It didn't matter if Victor saw these little things, however; to Alessandro, Victor was little more than an object, a means by which he satisfied himself to keep on working. He'd long since stopped caring about things like morals; this life, he felt, had no time for such things, and it was every man for himself.

"Someday, maybe, those sorts of people will change things," Taka said naively and hopefully, her indigo eyes wide and hopeful. The girl had no inkling of just how dark thing could get, for she lived in a thriving society in which there was no need for anything but fairness.

(#584 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 06-04-2012, 01:23 PM

"Maybe after a few more months of my expert tuition, you might be better," Remy replied with a smirk.

"But you'll never be as good as me. I'm the expert. However, you will be able to scrape a living purely from thieving, which I'm sure you'd prefer. You'll be better off than the poor wretch who has to suffer Alessandro's baser l'usts, that's for sure."

Victor bit the pillow to try and divert himself from the pain. He thought of how the money he'd been given would buy him enough opium to be able to forget things for a time. When it was over, he sat on the edge of the bed and got dressed again. Victor knew how Alessandro saw him, and he was used to it. He didn't expect the man to speak to him, save to say when he was next to come to his house.

~~~

"It's possible," Ari replied. "After all, anything is possible. I've changed things for myself, after all; from living in a sexist Cat home to living in a perfect society that suits me far better. I'd even be prepared to adapt to Wolf methods of hunting. Someone, maybe your father, could teach me."

(#585 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 06-04-2012, 01:37 PM

"You'd really help me like that?" gasped Lucius as he pocketed one more little bauble. "I mean- if it were just me, I'd be fine with what I get from the temple as an apprentice, but you know I've got Astarte, too."

Alessandro scheduled another meeting about a week from that day, and offered a small extra coin to be sure hat Victor would come.

~

"I hope so. Girls can do more than sit pretty," Taka nodded. "And now that you can walk, we can go find daddy and ask him about you helping with stuff."

(#586 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 06-04-2012, 01:51 PM

"Sure I will," Remy said, taking a quick look around the workshop. Everything looked as tho it had done before. He glanced at the clock. Nearly twenty minutes had gone by and it was time for them to go. He took Lucy with him and carefully abstracted himself and the younger boy from the workshop without being seen. Once they were back on the way to the Temple, he relaxed.

"I'll, of course, get most of the pickings from the tuition sessions," Remy continued as they walked along the street. "Plus, in return, I want a guarentee of food and shelter for me, and anyone else who might come along who happens to be related to me."

Victor pocketed the coin; he knew that he would certainly come again. Alessandro may be rough with him, but he paid well and it was better than going around the triads which he did when he was moved to by sheer need, despite the dangers of it. He left as soon as he could, knowing that now his usefulness was over, the Master would want him to go.

~~~

Ari smiled as she followed the little wolf and her silent brother out of the healing place to go and find their father. She hoped that he would find something for her to do.

(#587 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 06-04-2012, 02:08 PM

"Done!" Lucy declared, grinning. "I mean, I can't guarantee quite as much now, but as soon as I move up a bit in rank to journeyman, you'll always have a place to crash and a crust of bread." He was so pleased with the day's events he felt like skipping, but refrained from doing so in front fo Remy, whom he wanted desperately to impress.

Naw, he'd wait til he got back to Astarte; she was a great excuse to spend such energy without looking like a child.

Alessandro merely pulled his trousers back on and lumbered back to his workshop without a word to Victor. He stared at his tables, sure he'd made that stupid little trinket pony already, then shrugged; guess he'd neglected it in favor of the larger commission. Whatever, he'd just remake it.

~

Takaia quickly scented out her father. "Daddy! I made Ari some crutches!"

"Oh, you did?" Nedakh said. He turned and smiled at his daughter. "That was very nice of you."

"Ari wants to know if she can help," Taka told her father with an inflated sense of importance.

Nedakh chuckled at his daughter's antics and looked at Ari. "Well, for the next day or so, you ought to be resting and healing, but as soon as Fanella deems you well enough, I'm sure I'll find a niche for you; it's what I do. No idle hands here; everyone works here, no matter their standing in society."

(#588 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 06-04-2012, 02:12 PM

"And there might be someone coming along fairly shortly, too," Remy said with a grin.

"One of my girlfriends is having a child; she doesn't want it, so when it's born, I'll take it. I'm sure since you have a child already to look after, you wouldn't mind taking care of mine when need be?"

~~~

Ari nodded fervantly. "It sounds like paradise," she said. "I always wanted to live in a place like this, where I can work regardless of being born female. I'd also like to learn how to hunt the way you do."

(#589 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 06-04-2012, 02:26 PM

"I suppose not, so long as you help pay for food; we can only afford so much at the Temple. In emergencies, I can get you scraps, but I can't empty out the pantry all the time," Lucy said. "Also, I got another charge; he's watching Star right now, actually. Dunno what to make of him yet, but he's... special." He didn't want to reveal the possible royal lineage to Remy just yet.

"That's wonderful, a great attitude to have," Nedakh said. "Do you have any skills you've learned so far you'd like to put to use?"

(#590 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 06-04-2012, 02:32 PM

"I can pay for anything the child needs, and then some more for emergencies," Remy said, easily.

"What with my expert stealing skills and all. I'll let you know when the child arrives."

~~~

"I can fight, chop wood, forage for food and also dig for water," Ari replied. "We learn that kind of thing in the army. Anything you want me to do that I don't know how to do; I learn fast."