Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

RPG Games All Roleplay and Role-play games. Create and play Fantasy and In-Out-Character RPs, "legend of" type and any other RP games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#121 (permalink))
Old
Shmiley (Offline)
Candybar

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: Not Rated
Default 03-22-2012, 01:30 PM

"W-Well... he-he does care, in his ow-own little way. He-he experienced some b-bad things when he was younger. He just hides everything like you do, uh, Felina. Ha-have you ever been in-in love and wat-watched the one you love die in front of you? H-Have you watched your family be slained in front of you? K-Kioren experienced that a-all in one day, Felina. That shock left him feeling alone and lost. If he really doesn't care, he wouldn't be alive. He would have died long ago, but he is staying alive to avenge his family's memory. Li-like I said... don't take anything he does personally."
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#122 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 03-22-2012, 01:40 PM

"I've seen my own brother slain in combat, so don't try and excuse his actions to me," Felina said, shortly.

"I understand how it feels to lose family, but I'm not going to allow blatant disrespect to go unpunished. I'm not asking for much; just for Kioren to occasionally think of others rather than himself all the time, and to occasionally be civil. Otherwise, he can go and find himself another job. I wouldn't let any other warrior get away with it, so why should I let him?"

Laika smiled kindly at Cecy. "Sure," she replied to Taka's query. "I have some spare clothes right here; they should fit her, she looks around my size."

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#123 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 4 Votes / 4.75 Average
Default 03-22-2012, 01:58 PM

"My thoughts exactly!" Taka grinned clasping her hands in delight.

"Th-th- thhhhh - ank-you," Cecy managed between shivers; strange-looking or not, anything warm and dry sounded wonderful to Cecilia. That, and she secretly loathed corsets, and envied these women their freedom in not having to wear one.

Ooc: the Wolf society os viking-inspired, so the non-warrior women would likely have dressed like this, but without the head covering.

(#124 (permalink))
Old
Shmiley (Offline)
Candybar

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: Not Rated
Default 03-22-2012, 02:00 PM

"If-If it makes you feel better... I'll talk to-to him about this." He bit his lip and softly smiles, "If-if you ever need someone to talk to... you know where to find me." Ivory then makes his way towards Kioren.
(#125 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 03-22-2012, 02:09 PM

Felina smiled sadly as she watched Ivory walk away, before busying herself working out the rations.

Laika busily picked out an outfit for Cecy in a teal shade. "This will fit you," she said. "Why don't you go and put it on? You can get changed her; there's no men around, just us girls."

Laika's main role in the wolf society was as dressmaker and cook. She was very efficient, and did her work cheerfully. She certainly could fight if need be however; all the wolves were trained in basic combat.

(#126 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 03-22-2012, 02:19 PM

"Um, I-i'll nnnneed h-help with-" Cecy began. But, before she could finish, Takaia hopped to the girl's side and undid the laces that cinched the corset closed about Cecy's waist.

As the corset was removed, Cecy heaved a sigh in relief and took off her wet chemise and bloomers, leaving her nude. She quickly donned the simple gown provided by Laika and was surpised at how soft it was; the cotten and wool were ver finely woven for maximum comfort. "Wow," she said, in spite of herself.

"Teal suits you better than the red," Taka said with a firm nod. "Red didn't go with your red-gold hair much."

(#127 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 03-22-2012, 02:37 PM

"And those corsets!" Laika picked up the discarded item in question.

"How can you possibly bear to wear this all the time? It must be like being squeezed in a vice!"

(#128 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 03-22-2012, 02:48 PM

"It literally squishes you into having a figure," Cecy sighed. "At home, no woman is considered proper without one, or, for the severely poor, and approximation of one," she explained.

"Oh. We design our clothes for comfort, because everyone, no matter their position, works," Taka said.

(#129 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 03-22-2012, 04:44 PM

"And even if you're not a warrior, you need to be able to move and breathe easily," added Laika.

(#130 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 03-22-2012, 05:04 PM

"I think, when I'm queen, I'll do out with the corsets," she sighed.

~

The storm raged and wreaked havoc for no less than four days. Those not sheltering in the caves would experience some flooding, and more of the old buildings in the center of the island got destroyed and torn apart.

But that was not, by far, the worst of it; the worst was that the ships for both sides had been sunk, and any plein air supplies were now ruined beyond any hope of repair. In essence, the Cats and the Wolves were stranded on Star island in what was now almost like marshland, with contaminated water, low supplies, and no way to communicate with friends and family back home.

No, to survive, it was likely they'd have to put up with each other, because only core groups from each could survive those four days.

Cecilia was coughing again; though Takaia had done an excellent job trying to prevent it, she'd been too late, and Cecy had contracted pneumonia. she'd been abed all four days, sipping thin soup and feeling the worst she had in years. Now, Takaia was feeding her some noxious tonic of some sort, which she claimed she'd made herself from plants she'd grown herself back home.

Yuck. Weren't there any -say- professionals around here? Well, at least the girl hadn't bled her, yet, and she was pleasant -if noisy- company. Cecilia found herself conflicted between feeling grateful and wishing to hold on to whatever shred of pride remained.

Harley had kept his distance from the cats- all except Shiki, who clung to him like a lost cub. Harley figured it was sort of an adorable hero-worship; he had, after all, saved the kid's life. Sadly, he'd gotten used to Shiki kneading him and sleeping next to him. Was this what he did with the princess? He did seem to be her close companion. Whatever the case, Harley was now the person Shiki had latched onto, and the worst part was that Harley didn't mind in the slightest.

Damien had, at one point, discovered some raccoons hiding in the same building as them. By this point, the cats were so low on food that he'd killed them for the meat; it would be a relief, now that the storm had passed, to go do some real hunting.