Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

RPG Games All Roleplay and Role-play games. Create and play Fantasy and In-Out-Character RPs, "legend of" type and any other RP games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#711 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 06-10-2013, 01:44 AM

On the elevator ride up, Alexei prepared himself mentally; the last time he'd dealt with heads of companies for research of questionable repute, he'd been faced with a madman. However, he'd done his own work, and Charles Endeavor didn't seem to be known as a cruel man.

The door opened and he stepped inside. "Sir." He bowed his head. "Do I have your permission to take a seat?"

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#712 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 06-10-2013, 12:38 PM

"Yes, sit down," Charles replied, indicating to Alexei where he should sit. "I am Charles Endevour. And your name is?"

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#713 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 06-10-2013, 12:49 PM

He took the seat quite gladly. "Alexei Rodchenkov. I understand you're experiencing some stress over the matter you've sent me for?" He raised an eyebrow. "Though, you didn't elaborate very much."

But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
(#714 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 06-10-2013, 01:17 PM

Charles had started at the first name of the agent he'd hired; it was similar to that of his Diclonius son, Alexis. He mentally pulled himself together, and replied to the man's question.

"This is highly classified information," he said. "Ten years ago, after we put half of our Silpelits thru the neogenic recombinator machine, one of the test subjects appeared not to survive the ordeal. This was the Silpelit named Cloud, and she was five years old. I ordered that she be taken out and disposed of. However, on the way to the incinerator, she came to suddenly and escaped.

"At the time, we were... somewhat indisposed, so were unable to send people after her. Also, there were no reported deaths by dismemberment, so I wrote her off as having died. I had... other things to worry about, namely the death of my wife Amelie and our baby son. Now tho, I have received new information that worries me, somewhat."

Charles took out a file and pulled a series of photographs out of it. He tossed them over to Alexei. "Here," he said. "Take a look at these. One of the scientists, on a routine visit to the local hospital, found evidence of a recent outbreak of Diclonii births. So far, none have developed vectors yet, but when they do... it could be dangerous.

"I want you to locate Cloud, wherever she is, and bring her back to the lab. Also, find out exactly how many families are affected. We need to nip this in the bud before the development of the babies' vectors."

(#715 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 06-10-2013, 01:21 PM

Alexei flipped through the photographs with a frown. He'd seen one or two girls in Russia with a similar condition, though they'd lived far out in the country near his own family and as far as he'd known had never hurt anyone. "I see." He handed the photographs back. "I must admit, I wasn't anticipating something of that magnitude."

Halestorm
(#716 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 06-10-2013, 01:52 PM

"There was a similar issue in Japan," Charles replied. "In the original facility. But we didn't expect that to happen over here, even tho we have some of those scientists on our team."

(#717 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 06-10-2013, 02:02 PM

Alexei pinched the bridge of his nose. "I'll do what I can. I'm not sure if I'm properly equipped to deal with this."

Halestorm
(#718 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 06-10-2013, 02:08 PM

"Just try your best," Charles replied. "It's a difficult situation. The Japanese facility called upon a man who was a sociopath to help them, and I used to call upon my brother, but he was killed by one of the escaped Diclonii a few weeks ago."

(#719 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 06-10-2013, 02:16 PM

"Somehow, I don't believe you are too troubled by your brother's death." He stood up. "I believe I am familiar with the one in Japan, Bando. I understand that he disappeared after the Lucy incident."

Halestorm
(#720 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 06-10-2013, 03:12 PM

"That's right," Charles replied. "We couldn't contact him, and I was glad of it. I don't think I could work with a man like that, with no conscious. My brother was like that, sometimes."

He didn't mention the main reason why he hadn't simply cut James off; namely the fact that James had known about Alexis.

"I sometimes don't like the work we have to do," Charles remarked. "But I am willing to do anything it takes if we can create a cure and a reliable vaccine. There was one developed in Japan, but it eventually became ineffective over time."