Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

RPG Games All Roleplay and Role-play games. Create and play Fantasy and In-Out-Character RPs, "legend of" type and any other RP games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#611 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 08-12-2012, 09:28 AM

"I wonder why that is." Nikita hugged herself as the doors opened.

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#612 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 08-12-2012, 09:34 AM

"So do I," Rain said, stepping out of the elevator. She started walking to the outside door which opened on to the street.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#613 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 08-12-2012, 09:40 AM

Nikita followed her outside.

Elsewhere, on the other side of the city, a woman walked through alleyways and sidestreets, avoiding the main thoroughfares as much as she could. The hat on her head hid most of her short pink hair, just her bangs peeking out from underneath, and her red eyes were behind dark glasses.

Lucy had traveled long and far to get away from the incident in Japan all those years ago; true, it hadn't been quite that long, but it felt like a lifetime ago now that she was far away. The nightmare was over at last and she could be free here in this country; Metaro was the third or fourth city she'd passed through on her way through America and was so far one of the lovelier despite its alarming nickname. She checked a map on one of the phones she'd been able to buy with the money Kouta had given her on her departure, and she frowned at it. That couldn't be right; the GPS was failing again. With a sigh, she put it back in her pocket and leaned against a wall-

And froze. Somewhere underground, somewhere nearby, she could feel the prescence of dozens of Diclonius - and high above, one more. Being a Queen, she had a higher sense for other Diclonius, and in the far distance she could dimly sense three others. But two of them felt strange, like half of the others she could feel, and she put a hand on her head. "Didn't I leave Japan to leave this bullsh*t behind," she muttered.

But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
(#614 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 08-12-2012, 09:43 AM

Dawn was leaning against the wall; she jerked upright as soon as she saw the others come out of the flat.

(#615 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 08-12-2012, 09:45 AM

Nikita flinched when she saw Dawn. "There she is."

Halestorm
(#616 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 08-12-2012, 09:49 AM

"Walk with me," Rain said. "Maybe she's not going to attack."

Dawn didn't seem as tho she was hostile; her vectors were nowhere to be seen. She looked a little nervous, and also flushed as tho she'd run a race.

(#617 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 08-12-2012, 09:54 AM

Nikita walked very close behind Rain, absolutely terrified. But as they drew nearer and it became apparent Dawn wasn't hostile, she relaxed a tiny bit.

Lucy stared up at the buildings around her, trying to pinpoint the locations of the Diclonii around her, but unable to; they weren't up high, they were underground. That just made it harder.

She found a motel some ways out and noticed yellow tape around a nearby staircase, and when she asked the motel manager about it as she rented a room, he told her somebody got killed up there - ripped to shreds by a beast or something, people were saying. She just nodded and smiled and went to her room, locking the door behind her and hearing a couple next door talk through thin walls. "...case getting... heavy... not going to keep working like this if.... dangerous..."

She flopped onto the bed after throwing her hat aside and untying the bandages around her still-regrowing horns; they'd been broken by Mariko and by assault soldiers during the Japan incident and they were still sore. She touched them gingerly and winced, staring in the mirror on the wall across from the bed.

Wow, Americans were weird.

She dropped her hands to the bed and focused on the other Diclonius - from this distance, the group was faint but because of the number she could still sense them. She couldn't just leave them here - couldn't just let a horror like this keep on going. She hadn't been able to save the ones in the Japanese facility - what if these were the same ones?

Maybe.. maybe she could make things right.

She opened the minifridge by the bed and pulled out a cold beer, and after checking the date on the box inside, cracked it open and took a sip. She was going to stay here in this city for a little while - maybe there was a reason she'd decided to come here instead of Vegas.

Halestorm
(#618 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 08-12-2012, 10:07 AM

Dawn waited til the two were quite close, then she spoke.

"I'm not going to hurt you," she said. "I was lonely. I don't know anyone in the city any more."

Rain caught the emphasis on the last two words. "What happened?" she asked the other girl. "What did you do?"

"I killed James," Dawn replied. She didn't feel the slightest bit of guilt over the killing; to her mind, James had been pure evil and had deserved all he had got. She still hated men, but most of her anger and hatred had been taken out on her former abuser.

Rain paused. There was so much she didn't know about Dawn. If she was the Diclonius handed over to James, then she'd been restrained with an electric shock collar. How had she gotten free from that? It couldn't be removed by vectors.

(#619 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 08-12-2012, 10:08 AM

Nikita didn't know anything about Dawn except what Zehira had told her, and not much beyond that. "Y-you're the girl that hurt Lonnie."

Halestorm
(#620 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 08-12-2012, 10:17 AM

Dawn sighed. "I didn't mean to," she said. "I didn't have a family of my own, and I wanted one so much. Then I saw this family which was meant to be loving each other, and the man was hurting the woman. I had to stop him. I don't know why I infected the woman and the boy; I was just so angry, I couldn't stop myself."

"How did you escape from James in the first place?" Rain asked Dawn, curiously.

"He got in this super soldier to go after you two," Dawn explained. "I made a deal with him; he took my collar off, and I removed the liquid nitrogen implant they'd put inside his chest to control him. He left the city; I don't know where he went. But I wanted my revenge, so I stayed."