Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

RPG Games All Roleplay and Role-play games. Create and play Fantasy and In-Out-Character RPs, "legend of" type and any other RP games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#421 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 07-29-2012, 06:47 AM

"A bit like you, but taller," Lonnie replied. "I wasn't upset about her killing my father, cuz he used to beat my mother, but I was upset about my mother being put in jail."

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#422 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 07-29-2012, 07:51 AM

"... m-my mom's in jail too." That was really all she knew how to say it; Mom didn't want to work for the place with the needles and angry men but she had to or worse things would happen.

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#423 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 07-29-2012, 08:03 AM

"So you ran away from care, too?" Lonnie replied. "I can look after myself better than they can."

(#424 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 07-29-2012, 08:07 AM

"N-no, I lived with her. I had to. The um, the doctors were very interested in her and me because we're both um. Albinic or albinistic or um." She looked very stressed out trying to remember the word.

------

Diane stared at her boss and the woman next to him and said, in the calmest but most frank of voices, "Let me get this straight, sir. You want me to find a girl who has... pink hair."

"It's a bit more complicated than that." The woman wrung some of her long white hair in her fingers, chewing on her lip - a tell, Diane noted. She was worried, frantic - probably scared for her strange daughter. "She has...a form of albinism. Her eyes are red but she's insisted on dying her hair pink since she was young. And she wears these cat ears that are some kind of plaster material, can't get her to take them off."

"And in a city of harajuku girls and weeaboos, you expect me to be able to pinpoint her?" Diane leaned back in her chair and rubbed her face. "You have got to be kidding me."

"No, I'm not." The platinum blond leaned forward. "She has a bipolar disorder. I can't even properly call it that; she has these violent moodswings that are just terrible and I can't stomach knowing that she may be out there hurting somebody in one of her manic moods."

"Okay, okay, okay. But I can't find her properly if you don't give me her name."

"I can't put this on record." She bit her lip. "If my boss finds out - he's the head psychiatrist - that my daughter, a potential case for borderline personality disorder, is loose again, I'll lose my job!"

"... doesn't this violate some kind of ethics on your part," Diane pointed out.

"I don't care. I have to find her. She's my daughter, my responsibility."

"Fine." Diane sighed and stood up. "Do I at least get a photo to go off of? Just let me see one."

"..." The woman opened her wallet and turned it for her to see. "It's unfortunately old. She dislikes photos now." The girl in the photo was maybe eight years old; short pink hair, bright red eyes and a green hat with a great big smile on her face.

"It'll work, I guess." She sighed.

"Just call her Niki. If she responds, "It's Nikita." then you've found her."

"Got it." Diane stepped out, and Zehira stared after her, miserably. If Charles knew what she was doing....

------

Larry Copzer, Diane's fiance and the town's only blind private detective, was checking in at a local motel; they were in the process of moving out of their crappy apartment in the Divide and they'd chosen this motel as it was about the halfway point. The moving van was parked in the lot for the room and he was fumbling with the key in the door. "..." He shook his head and turned the key a bit after feeling the doorknob and lock, and he was finally able to unlock the door. "Much better." He nodded and stepped inside, sitting down on the small couch when he found it and putting his feet up on the coffee table. He knew he'd left the door open, but he didn't mind. It was a warm day and the desk clerk had advised him that the room's A/C was broken, so a draft would be very pleasant. He pulled one of his many books out of his bag and found the bookmarked page, opening it and setting the metal marker aside before starting with the Braille dots at the top of the page. "Now where was I," he thought aloud. He tended to read out loud and occasionally he'd get a bit lost in the story; before he'd lost his sight, he'd been a part-time actor on top of his police work.

But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm

Last edited by Silent_Wolf : 07-29-2012 at 08:30 AM.
(#425 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 07-29-2012, 08:40 AM

"Will people come and look for you?" Lonnie asked. "I can try and hide you, if they do. I know lots of hiding places in Murder City."

Dawn had, coincidentally, checked into the same motel that Larry had. She wasn't overly keen on staying in her room; when she'd lived with James, she had often been made to stay inside. Her time there had been spent either staying alone in the house, or attending on her captor's whims. Dawn attracted a lot of attention in the motel, and she was getting very stressed. Since she had been illtreated by men, first by the scientists and then by James, she had developed a pathological hatred of men.

(#426 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 07-29-2012, 09:08 AM

"Th-they might. I wasn't very important though. The other doctors had more important patients." She huddled up a bit more, looking sad. "I miss Mom a lot. I wish me and her could just go home to Japan."

One of the more unsightly patrons of the motel had taken notice of Dawn, and was sitting by the vending machine to wait. She probably had to get something to eat eventually.

Halestorm
(#427 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 07-29-2012, 09:13 AM

"Don't you like America, then?" Lonnie asked, puzzled. "What's Japan like, then?"

Dawn eventually did have to go down to the restaurant for food. She didn't know what else to do; the crowds in the city frightened her, so she knew that she'd never be able to brave the shops. Dawn bought some sandwiches and coffee and ate them quickly. Since others were coming into the restaurant, she left it and went into the bar.

(#428 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 07-29-2012, 09:18 AM

"I've never really seen America so." She was quiet a minute, then told him everything that she remembered that was nice - the oceans, the food, the shops, and most of the people she'd known when she hadn't been with Mom in the 'jail.' "... and then there was this girl I was friends with, she reeeaally liked fried squid, I thought it was gross but." She stopped, realizing she'd rambled too long. "Gosh I'm sorry. I don't talk a lot like that usually."

When she turned a corner to go up the stairs to her room, Sleazeball the Fifth was waiting. "Well, hello there, pretty lady. Don't see a lot of your sort around here."

Halestorm
(#429 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 07-29-2012, 09:23 AM

"That's fine," Lonnie replied. "I don't really talk much either. But it's different when you talk to a friend."

Dawn tensed up as she heard the man speaking to her. She whirled round and faced him. "Leave me alone," she said, trying to keep the tremble out of her voice. This man didn't resemble James in the slightest, but she still saw something of him in this stranger.

(#430 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 07-29-2012, 09:25 AM

"..." She smiled a little; she couldn't really remember the last time someone referred to her as a friend. "Yeah."

"I'm just sweet-talkin', pink-haired beauty o'mine."

Halestorm