Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

RPG Games All Roleplay and Role-play games. Create and play Fantasy and In-Out-Character RPs, "legend of" type and any other RP games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#921 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 07-21-2013, 11:03 AM

"Of course." When Arik came over to take their order, Lopak ordered two rare-as-legal steaks with whatever sides came with it. "Arik, is your daughter in school at all? She seems to be here every day."

"She's homeschooled." He smiled, a little sadly. "She's got a hell of a sleeping disorder, so between the doctor visits and the school attendance policies, this was easier."

"That's a pity." He handed him the menus. "I hope she can find peace from it."

"So do I." He sighed and headed back behind the bar.

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#922 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Online)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 07-21-2013, 04:19 PM

Jay also ordered a bottle of red wine. "Not sure what to say about that," he said. In an undertone to Lopak, he added, "A witch could probably sort that out."

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#923 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 07-22-2013, 02:42 AM

"I'd rather not drag them into it all. I'm amazed they haven't picked up on any of it; I see so many from all walks here." He threw a short nod in Liam and Alvin's direction. "Those two, Old Souls; apparently, they lost track of each other for seven centuries." He kept his voice low.

But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
(#924 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Online)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 07-22-2013, 08:05 AM

"That can happen; it's sad, but not unknown," Jay replied. "A Hearth Woman could fix whatever's wrong with the daughter, and it wouldn't be 'dragging them into it' at all. It would require a fee, however. I wouldn't mind dropping into the shop in Las Vegas to see if there's anything there to help, but anything else would require actual spellwork."

(#925 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 07-22-2013, 10:48 AM

Lopak nodded. "I'm just concerned unnecessarily, I suppose; it's been a very strange month."

Halestorm
(#926 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Online)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 07-22-2013, 11:40 AM

"Really?" Jay asked, taking a sip from his wine glass. "How so?"

(#927 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 07-22-2013, 03:42 PM

"I'm not sure I'm at liberty to say." Lopak just sort of swished the wine around in his glass, appetite somewhat dulled. "I'm generally not around others often as a result of work; travel and all. I suppose I'm readjusting again; happens every few decades as the locations and people change." He smiled.

Halestorm
(#928 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Online)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 07-22-2013, 06:59 PM

"That's true enough," Jay replied. "Tho humans are generally a very unobservant lot, or else I couldn't do it."

(#929 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 07-23-2013, 04:55 PM

"True. Once in awhile, though, one needs a better place to be."

Halestorm
(#930 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Online)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 07-23-2013, 07:05 PM

"I tend to go to Vegas when I get that feeling," Jay replied. "One of the few cities around that's owned and controlled by the Night World."