Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

RPG Games All Roleplay and Role-play games. Create and play Fantasy and In-Out-Character RPs, "legend of" type and any other RP games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#891 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 07-12-2013, 04:57 PM

Neela stared down at her textbook, flipping through it idly as she waited for her food. Arik stood nearby, re-stocking the fridges under the counter and rearranging the bottles on the shelves, and eventually he came over with the drink she'd ordered once her book was closed. He knew by now that she very much disliked being bothered while reading. "Here you go, Vanilla and Cherry Coke in one glass. Y'weirdo." He laughed a bit.

"It's delicious and you know it." She took a drink, raising an eyebrow at him. "What's got you so pale today?"

"Bar's not doing too good, financially." He rubbed the back of his neck. "We'll get by, we do every time we start coming down to the wire." He left her alone and she was left with her thoughts. These thoughts turned to her old lives, wondering where she'd gone wrong: Every life felt the same, though the parental roles between her parents always flipped. One loving the life at sea, the other judgmental of it and demanding she stay out of it. She always went out to sea in the end, leaving the hateful parent behind. She remembered, once, someone she loved so dearly - her soulmate, the one constant she'd never be unable to appreciate - and their disappearance. When she'd felt the connection disappear, it was though her heart had been ripped to pieces before being reassembled, but it had been reassembled all wrong and a great big piece was missing.

That hole remained even now, more frayed at the edges than ever as the years went by, and she stared silently at her drink, wishing very badly she had a bottle of rum nearby. Da.mn Yankees and their drinking limit. Her desire to go and be at her father's side was the only thing she had in life, so lonely was she.

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#892 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 07-12-2013, 05:02 PM

Liam moodily kicked at the stones in the road. He supposed he'd better go and ask at the main place in this town if they knew of anywhere he could stay for the night. After looking about for a little while, and scanning the minds of humans walking in the street, he found that the main hub of the town was a restaurant called Jackrabbit's Bar And Grill. So he made his way there.

Outside, it didn't look up to much, but appearances could be deceiving. None knew that better than him. Liam had only been a teenager when he'd become a vampire, and many a vampire hunter had found out to their cost that it didn't do to underestimate him. Not that killing such trash mattered any more. Nothing seemed to matter to Liam, not since he had lost Nicola. He entered the restaurant.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#893 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 07-12-2013, 05:09 PM

Neela finished her sandwich and pushed the plate aside, asking for a refill of her drink before opening her homework to work on at the counter. But as always, all she could think of in her downtime was Lucas; just like the past several lives, around this age she could only miss him more. They'd always found each other by the time one or the other was seventeen; always remembered each other.

She sniffed a bit and rubbed her eyes with her napkin, grimacing when the forgotten spices on said napkin made it into her eyes. "Ow, ow, ow!" She squinted hard and rested her head on the counter, rubbing her eyes firmly. She heard the door open and distantly, in the back of her mind, she felt what seemed to be a draft - a door opening metaphorically perhaps. She sat up after a minute, ignoring the feeling, and took a sip of her drink, eyes watering badly. "Ow."

But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
(#894 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 07-12-2013, 05:27 PM

At first, Liam didn't see the girl sitting at the counter. He was looking about, to see if there was anyone he could talk to who knew the town well and therefore would know of any motels or inns where he could stay the night. Then, he casually looked over at the girl's face... and froze. Liam knew that face. Hadn't he spent several lifetimes gazing at it? All the lifetimes that he and Nicola had shared, usually spent at sea. In the last lifetime, Liam had been named Lucas and he'd been a sailor on a trading ship. He had met Nicola on that very ship and he could still remember the exclamations of shared recognition and joy...

(#895 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 07-12-2013, 05:45 PM

Neela noticed someone staring at her and that weird sensation in her head picked up again, and she finally turned - and stared. "L-" She shook her head, hand over her mouth. That face - those da.mn green eyes! "Lucas?" She turned around, facing him. "If you're really him, what was the name of the ship that we were on in our last time together?" Her voice shook a little.

Ooc: Yes, it's the Nautilus.

Halestorm
(#896 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 07-12-2013, 05:49 PM

Liam could hardly believe it really was Nicola... but yes, he could remember her, and even the name of the ship!

"It was called the Nautilus," he replied. "Oh Nicola... I've missed you so much." He took a hesitant step forward.

(#897 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 07-12-2013, 06:11 PM

She smiled widely, rubbing at an eye; dammit, crying would just make her eyes hurt worse.

Not being one who disliked public displays of affection, Neela threw her arms around him and hugged him hard. He was slightly shorter than she remembered, but she was fine with that.

Halestorm
(#898 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 07-12-2013, 06:49 PM

Liam normally didn't care for public hugs, but this was his soulmate, his other half. "Oh Nicola," he said, not caring if anyone else was in the room. "I've missed you so much... but I have to explain why the soul link disappeared. I didn't want it to go, or to lose you, but it wasn't my fault. I've looked for you for centures."

(#899 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 07-13-2013, 02:06 AM

"Then how the hell didn't you find me?" She resisted the urge to slap him. "It's Alvin, you da.mnable fool," she mumbled, a bit less angry and more tenderly, and she hugged him again, not willing to let go. "I only wound up on this continent by chance. I was in India once, it was so pretty, Lucas. So colorful and bright!"

Lopakhin was sitting in the very far booth and was somewhat baffled by this scene, but his hearing picked up on some bits and he turned his attention back to his newspaper. It was a touching moment, and they needed privacy.

Halestorm
(#900 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 07-13-2013, 07:23 AM

"My name is Liam, now," he replied. "And I looked everywhere, but the soul link was severed when... well, I'd better tell you that someplace private."