Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

RPG Games All Roleplay and Role-play games. Create and play Fantasy and In-Out-Character RPs, "legend of" type and any other RP games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#901 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 05-31-2012, 08:28 AM

Star sighed, then concentrated, sending a stream of dark blue glowing magic towards the scarecrow. As before, when he'd attacked Avarice, Star had little confidence in his magic.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#902 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 4 Votes / 4.75 Average
Default 05-31-2012, 08:43 AM

"Hmmm. Swift was right; you lack conviction," Twilight told him. "When performing offensive magic, you have to put aside any personal feelings; it's about the spell and the target only," she began. "You have to visualize the spell, where it's going to hit, and the effect you want over and over in your head so many times that when yor fire, you don't have to think about it any more, its hitting and doing what you want is a certainty rather than a chance."

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#903 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 05-31-2012, 08:48 AM

"I've never had to attack anyone before, tho," Star said, doubtfully. "How do I know when I'm doing it right?"

(#904 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 05-31-2012, 08:57 AM

Twilight sighed. "What spell are you using? Certain spells have certain effects, unless you're just blasting pure power; in that case, it should leave a nice, nasty wound, like the one you have, but possibly bigger depending on how much power you put into it."

(#905 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 05-31-2012, 09:03 AM

"My magic is based on empathy," Star replied. "It's similar in base to my second cousin Cadence's magic."

(#906 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 05-31-2012, 09:07 AM

Twilight nodded thoughtfully. "That helps me, thank you... give me a moment."

(#907 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 05-31-2012, 09:22 AM

Star waited patiently. He still felt anxious about his magic, but hoped that Twilight would come up with a way to help him improve.

(#908 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 05-31-2012, 09:36 AM

"Well, fi you're anything like your cousin, you magic thrives strongly on love," Twilight said. "Romantic love would likely be the strongest, but I think any love would do. As such, when you're using your magic, you don't use it for yourself, but you think of whomever it is you care for most. With offensive magic, I suppose the trick would be to think of yourself as protecting whomever this would be, get it? For you, magic isn't about you, bu someone else; think of it that way, and you'll hopefully improve right up."

It just so happened at that moment that Swift emerged from Twilight's library, having gone over that passage in the dusty tome so many times that her vision swam. She now parked herself close b enough to watch but not interfere.

Ooc: correct me if I'm wrong about the 'sister' part

Last edited by spirit_queen : 05-31-2012 at 09:43 AM.
(#909 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 05-31-2012, 09:41 AM

Ooc: Cadence is Star's second cousin.

"That would work," Star replied, not noticing that Swift had come to watch them.

"When I attacked Avarice, I was thinking that if I didn't, she'd kill someone I care about."

(#910 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 05-31-2012, 09:49 AM

This gave Swift pause when she heard; she'd been the only one there.

"Well, you let your worry and self-doubt eat at you, and that defeated your magic before Avarice ever could," Twilight said. "I'm not one for violence, but an example easy to understand is a good kick; you aim, you give your all. If you suddenly doubt your aim and the amount of power you put into it halfway through, you hesitate, lose your momentum, and it either misses entirely or goes awkwardly wild."

"Magic is the same way; time enough for doubt when deciding what spell to use, but after you've made up your mind, you must be firm in your decision," she finished. "Now, think of -er- the person your care about, and use your energy blast. I want to see what you've got."