Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

RPG Games All Roleplay and Role-play games. Create and play Fantasy and In-Out-Character RPs, "legend of" type and any other RP games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 07-12-2012, 03:47 PM

"Were you happy you discovered your special talent?" Lightning asked.

"How do you find out what you're best at, anyway?"

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 4 Votes / 4.75 Average
Default 07-12-2012, 03:56 PM

Swift chuckled. "There's no magical recipe for finding your talent; do what you love, and at some point, your talent will be revealed as something you love. I loved arguing as a young filly, but I got my Cute Mark when I stood up to bullying and proved why it was wrong and cited school code. I like standing up for people, I like learning facts and codes other people find dull It makes me a good mayor.

"Obviously, Clover liked or was at least interested in magic before, but when she got to use it at a new level, it excited her and called out to her in a new way."

"So, you're saying just be... normal? That's boring," Glory scowled.

"No, I'm not," Swift said patiently. "I'm saying, if you want your Cutie Mark, do things you love, find a way to put them to use; for me, that was helping people. For clover, she used magic to solve problems."

"Wow, wish teachers said it that way," Glory mumbled.

"Oh, but they do! Remember that time when-" Stargazer went off, and there was no stopping her.

Until Swift stood and said, "Oh, look, there's Star now!"

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 07-12-2012, 04:05 PM

Prince Star walked up to Swift's door and pushed it open; it had been left on the latch when the young ponies had entered. He was nervous.

Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 07-12-2012, 04:11 PM

Swift decided to put him at ease, and there was one easy way to do that; by making it seem the girls hadn't come for him, "Come on in Star. I just finished speaking to these wonderful foals who helped save an entire town from a curse. Clover, here, is having her Cutsienera tonight," she said conversationally.

Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 07-12-2012, 04:18 PM

Star visibly relaxed. "That's nice," he replied. "I hope it goes well. I was actually a bit disappointed when I got my cutie mark; I'd hoped for something better. But Celestia explained to me that it represented empathy, so that made me feel better."

Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 07-12-2012, 04:29 PM

Stargazer gasped. "You got to talk to the Princess about Cutie Marks? That's so cooooool!"

"Well, duh, he's her nephew," Glory said, wondering how such a bookworm could also be so ditzy.

Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 07-12-2012, 04:50 PM

"That's right," Star replied.

In fact, Star was the Princess's great great great (several greats) nephew.

Ooc: This is word of god for Cadence and Blueblood, btw; so might as well be for Star as well. XD

Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 07-12-2012, 04:55 PM

But, of course, that would be a bit much for the children.

Stargazer bounced around in happiness. "When are you two getting married? Can I go to the wedding? Would I meet the Princesses? And the Wielders? That would be so coooool!"

Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 07-12-2012, 04:58 PM

"We haven't set a date yet, yes, probably and definitely," Star replied, feeling a bit overwhelmed.

"Who will you have make your dress?" Clover asked Swift. "What kind of dress would you want? Who'd be your bridesmaids?"

Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 07-12-2012, 05:02 PM

Swift was far more prepared to deal with this than Star. "I'm going to ask Rarity to make my gown, but of course she'll be squealing when I ask over the sort of publicity making a gown for a royal wedding would bring. I want something simple without being plain; current trends call for large, ostentatious gowns, but I'm not into that. My bridesmaids will be Melody, Sandy Shores, and any of the Wilders who want to be included, but the first two are ym closer friends here."