Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

RPG Games All Roleplay and Role-play games. Create and play Fantasy and In-Out-Character RPs, "legend of" type and any other RP games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#91 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 4 Votes / 4.75 Average
Default 06-15-2011, 08:27 AM

"So, no pranking the king," Arthur said. "I think my head looks better on my body."

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#92 (permalink))
Old
Cheshire1996 (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 06-15-2011, 04:43 PM

"I think most people would agree with you, heads are objects we're better off keeping," Guine said.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#93 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 06-15-2011, 05:22 PM

Ooc: alas, poor Yorick!

"Indeed. Well, it looks like this celebration might start winding down soon... could you give me directions to where you're currently staying? I'd be honored to be your first local friend," Arthur said.

(#94 (permalink))
Old
Cheshire1996 (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 06-16-2011, 02:20 AM

Ooc: XD

"Practically next door," Guinevere replied. "It's around the area all of the upperclassman nobles sort of hover, and it's pretty hard to miss. Big, comfortable, nothing really special, the sort of thing you get when you have the King's good will..." her voice trailed off as the King took the raised platform at the forefront of the room.

Arthur was right. The celebration was winding down. However the King had a few words to say to his subjects before they left.

"I thank you for your attendance tonight, a kingdom is nothing without it's subjects as a King is nothing without his kingdom. However I fear that as strong as our kingdom may be, we need to strengthen our defenses. My council and I have decided on the best course of action, and we have addressed the possibilities and obstacles that may arise if a time of unrest arises amongst our surrounding lands," Uther paused and allowed these words to sink in.

"It is with this confidence in my people, and in my final decision that I ask any knights in training to return tomorrow, at noon, so that I and my knights may approve any ready of finishing their training. Although it is an unsatisfactory decision in many ways, I believe the kingdom's defense and my people's safety must sometimes come before maintaining traditional ceremonies and age limitations. Thank you all for your service and your loyalty, there is nothing more that a King can ask for."

The King allowed his gaze to settle on the room, allowing a few minutes of silence for the nobles and knights in training to digest the information.

Last edited by Cheshire1996 : 06-16-2011 at 06:52 AM.
(#95 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 06-16-2011, 07:32 AM

Arthur was a little shocked by this; he wasn't knighted yet, but it sounded like he now would be.

Kay was annoyed; so, basically, he had to come in to promote a bunch of teens to knighthood before they were 100% sure they were ready? He didn't like the sound of that at all.

Ector was a little worried for Arthur; if sworn into knighthood, he'd have to serve, and, yet, as the heir, the only heir, he should also be protected... which was it to be, then? Ector privately decided to see the king after most of the guests had left.

(#96 (permalink))
Old
Cheshire1996 (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 06-16-2011, 08:00 AM

Guinevere was rendered speechless. Surely the King couldn't just make every single boy in the kingdom a knight overnight. It was ridiculous.

Uther looked around the room, he had expected surprise and the faces of the nobles who hadn't been informed of the decision looked shocked. It was an unexpected move but it was a necessary move.

"That is all, you may leave in good time," the King said, his voice showed no signs of cracking though he could see Ector's almost nervous expression. No doubt the man would need to speak with him.

(#97 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 06-16-2011, 08:05 AM

But Ector had to wait; only the king, that half- insane wizard, and Ector himself knew of Arthur's true heritage; no one else could know of it, which meant the discussion about Arthur's welfare in the face of upcoming events ha to wait.

"That's just..." Arthur shook himself. "Well, at least I wasn't the only one entirely stunned by this news, eh?"

(#98 (permalink))
Old
Cheshire1996 (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 06-16-2011, 05:53 PM

"Stunned?" Guinevere spluttered. "He must be insane."

(#99 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 06-16-2011, 05:58 PM

"Er... just keep your voice down if you say that, will you? Remember our discussion about heads being best on one's body?" Arthur said.

(#100 (permalink))
Old
Cheshire1996 (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 06-16-2011, 06:04 PM

"Hmph," Guinevere huffed, before lowering her voice, "Does that include you? The people possibly being knighted tomorrow?"