Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

RPG Games All Roleplay and Role-play games. Create and play Fantasy and In-Out-Character RPs, "legend of" type and any other RP games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#51 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 09-10-2011, 11:15 AM

"Yes. It's an ongoing project, a monthly article. Lately, most of our stories have been about teens about your age who have developed some interesting abilities, who found out about them through unfortunate events like yours." He adjusted his sunglasses and pretended to wince as though light were hurting his eyes. Though, it really did cause some measure of pain at times. "There's a group who has been helping kids like you for some years now. I'm part of it, actually."

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#52 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 4 Votes / 4.75 Average
Default 09-10-2011, 11:20 AM

"Wait, kids like me? I'm not a freak?" Ana asked, her light blue eyes wide and hopeful, her voice trembling with both fear and hope.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#53 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 09-10-2011, 11:25 AM

"Absolutely not, kid." He smiled gently. "They're from all different places, even from 'round the world. A lot of them left home; we have one kid who just came in, doesn't even have a home because of what his ability can do." He paused. "And my sister has the unfortunate ability to set things on fire." He made a face.

But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
(#54 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 09-10-2011, 11:30 AM

"Oh, I don't like fire at all; I burn very easily. I got a third degree burn from a lighter, once, and there wasn't an accelerant or anything," Ana said.

(#55 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 09-10-2011, 11:33 AM

"Well, that can't be good." He blinked. His pager started to go off; Abe was wondering what was taking so long. "Oh dear." He had the message play in his ear after holding it up.

"Jon, the engine is running here and gas is too high for me to pay for it right now."

"If it is alright with you, Mr. Kulikova, would it be alright if I returned tomorrow around noon?"

Halestorm
(#56 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 09-10-2011, 11:36 AM

Mikhail looked at his daughter, who nodded, then said, "Alright, but only because she seems to like you. But I warn you; if you upset her in any way, or use her, I won't forget it."

(#57 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 09-10-2011, 11:41 AM

"I understand completely, sir." He checked his pockets and found his business card; it read "Jon Sherman, BPRD' with the pager number under it, and handed it to Mikhail. "Have a lovely night."

Halestorm
(#58 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 09-10-2011, 11:49 AM

"Bye!" Ana said. Mikhail grumbled a farewell before shutting the door. "Dad, I didn't know there were more people born like me, it's exciting!"

Ana's mother Nadya came over at that moment. "Mikhail, we should tell her the truth," she said in Russian. "She needs to know."

Ana looked a her mother in surprise; she'd never been taught Russian, and her parents only spoke it when they needed to discuss something not for her ears.

"Da, alright." Mikhail sighed and turned to his daughter. "Ana, my angel, there's no one born like you."

"But-" Ana began to protest.

"Listen to your father," Nadya said.

"There's no one born like you because you weren't born, you were made."

Needless to say, Ana's face conveyed considerable shock at this news. The Kulikovas then told ana the story of her creation, particularly emphasizing what a miracle she was.

(#59 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 09-10-2011, 11:57 AM

Batty made his way back down to the car and got into the passenger's seat, crossing his arms. "I think she'll fit in alright. She's very shy. Like Fluttershy off of that My Little Pony that Nyx watches all the time."

"I pulled up her photograph. Here." Abe grabbed Batty's hand and was able to project Ana's image into his mind. It was literally the only way Batty had learned colors and shapes and other visual concepts when he was growing up.

"... wow, I thought Mom was pale." O_o "Any idea on why she's that way?"

"I'm researching some things right now." Abe typed something into the small netbook. "Only thing I've found up to this point is "Snow Spirits," but I've never seen one myself."

Halestorm
(#60 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 09-10-2011, 12:02 PM

After hearing the whole tale, Ana despaired. "...so I'm not human at all?"

"Well, you're human enough to walk, talk, and eat our food," Nadya pointed out.

"We didn't want to tell you until you were older and knew you could deal with it, but you've never- you've never done something like- like the ice-thing before," Mikhail added.