Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

RPG Games All Roleplay and Role-play games. Create and play Fantasy and In-Out-Character RPs, "legend of" type and any other RP games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 04-13-2011, 07:34 PM

"Alright. I'll stay here and look this Dr Adler up on the database," Jean said.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old
Cheshire1996 (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 04-13-2011, 07:37 PM

Storm nodded and straightened her skirt as she stood. "I suppose I can't put it off much longer," she sighed.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 04-13-2011, 07:49 PM

"Good luck," Jean said, before she left the room to go to the computer room.

*at the clinic*

The clinic was already fairly full of mutants who were hoping to be chosen for the cure. Most of them had some physicallity which meant that they couldn't ever pass as human. One girl who didn't, sat by herself. Her name was Autumn Rolfson, and her mutant power, or curse as she saw it, was making organic material wither. She was anorexic and hated food, cuz whenever she touched it, it spoiled.

Sitting roughly in the middle was Warren Worthington. He'd gotten down to the town as soon as he possibly could, leaving a note for his parents and girlf saying that he had to get away for a while to clear his head, but not saying where he'd gone. He wasn't wearing the long coat, as it was really too hot, and sat selfconsiencely on the chair with his wings behind him.

Paul, in the shape of Dr Adler, was seeing each mutant separately. As they went into the office, each one was unaware of the tiny hidden camera which filmed them.

Old
Cheshire1996 (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 04-13-2011, 08:16 PM

Storm stood next the the Professor as they waited meet Doctor Adler. She noticed that unlike many of the other mutants in the room the Professor and herself were in fairly good shape. Those with physical differences from humans often didn't get out very much. It was possible to tell which few had though as they bruises and marks from where they'd been attacked by anti-mutant gangs, an occurrence becoming more and more common.

Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 04-13-2011, 08:23 PM

The assessments took no more than ten minutes each. Paul would take down the mutant's name and power and then talk to them about general things to put them at ease. It was the powers that would interest Apocalypse tho; he wanted his horsemen to have powers appropriate to their given name.

Autumn was called in; she entered the office and sat down. Paul asked her her name and power. "Autumn Rolfson," she replied, listlessly. "And I touch organic matter, and it withers. It's a curse, not a power."

Paul made soothing noises and tried not to jump as Apocalypse's voice came thru the hidden earbud transmitter in his ear, audible only to him.

"A perfect Famine. Don't tell her she's chosen now; we will announce the chosen one today at the end of the clinic session. We will spread the announcements over four days, so as to guard against suspicion and therefore brook interference."

Old
Cheshire1996 (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 04-13-2011, 08:29 PM

Storm caut sight of a young man who was evidently ashamed of the pair of wings attached to his back. She only had to push through a meter of crowd to get to him.

"Excuse me," she said, "I was wondering if you could tell me how long the clinic has been open?"

Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 04-13-2011, 08:32 PM

Warren jumped slightly; he was surprised he was being spoken to at all, when he'd done his best to look inconspicious. "Since this morning. I came over here specially," he said. "Even if I don't win one of the free treatments, I have the money to pay, however much it costs to be normal."

Old
Cheshire1996 (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 04-13-2011, 08:38 PM

"Thankyou," Storm said, debating whether to say anything further, in the end she gave a nod and disappeared back into the crowd, reappearing next to Charles.

"I think you should say something to them," she suggested.

Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 4 Votes / 4.75 Average
Default 04-13-2011, 09:14 PM

He nodded and cleared his throat. "My friends and fellow mutants, I'd like to ask if you're sure this is what you want. Do you really see your differences as a curse, or a disease in need of a cure? I might suggest that you can see them as a gift, that there is a way for all to harness what it is that makes us all special. I have worked with many to turn them from the mindset of seeing mutancy as an affliction, and work with them to help them control their powers and to accept how they look. No one should need to be ashamed of themselves like this, to look in the mirror and see only a freak."

Ooc: is that okay? Should I edit?

Old
Cheshire1996 (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 04-14-2011, 02:46 AM

The room of mutants was silent, although several looked as though they might be re-considering, Charlse's speech had fallen mostly upon deaf ears. Storm cleared her throat and spoke up.

"Although no one can physically prevent you from taking this cure I'd like to remind you all of the fact that even now you sit feeling ashamed despite the fact your surrounded by others like you. Surely your doubt is not in your abilities but in yourselves and the way they have taught you to think. Mutancy is not a disease, it's a gift. But no one can miraculously change your viewpoint or help you turn your life around if you don't start to believe in yourselves, as people," Storm stopped, knowing if she continued she would be in danger of losing her usualy cal composure. She waited for the Professor to speak once again.

ooc: It's fine ^.^