Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

RPG Games All Roleplay and Role-play games. Create and play Fantasy and In-Out-Character RPs, "legend of" type and any other RP games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 04-13-2011, 05:56 PM

Jean explained in great detail about the news segment, Dr Adler and the proposed mutant cure. Cerebro automatically recorded the news programmes, but Jean wanted to give Storm all the details just to make sure.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old
Cheshire1996 (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 04-13-2011, 06:07 PM

"I overheard a little," Storm admitted, "I'm afraid I've never heard of or seen the man. I've been to my fair share of anti-mutant protests, but I can't recall seeing him even at the ones held ten or twenty years ago."

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 04-13-2011, 06:15 PM

Jean frowned. "Maybe he doesn't exist. I'll have to look him up in the database."

Old
Cheshire1996 (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 04-13-2011, 06:53 PM

"Perhaps, then again people who disappear reappear at strangest times. He could be from overseas, there's plenty of logical reasons for his appearance. I think what I worry about most is the cure itself, what if it isn't designed to cure but to do something else," Storm said.

Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 04-13-2011, 06:59 PM

"How would we ever find out? Someone would have to go to the clinic and check it out," Jean said.

Old
Cheshire1996 (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 04-13-2011, 07:03 PM

"We might have to. So far it's the only solution I can see. But you might not want to take my word for what's going on, I think I'm just paranoid because of what happened the last few time people tried to make cures for mutantcy," Storm said.

Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 04-13-2011, 07:11 PM

"How can it be a cure, tho? Being a mutant isn't a disease."

Old
Cheshire1996 (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 04-13-2011, 07:23 PM

"That's what the government likes to advertise it as. By instilling the idea that mutants need to be fixed in people's minds it eventually crosses over. A lot of mutants start to believe it too. That's what happened last time, it created a huge division in the community that had started to form. Some mutants believed that the substance was designed to help them while other, like myself, believed it was unessecary. In the end it turned out to be a failure. The supposed cure didn't do anything and the guy who designed it went under a lot of public scrutiny, not because of the fact he thought mutants needed a cure but because it failed," Storm explained.

"Ever since then it's been building up again and I guess people don't really understand how our abilities work becausevthey haven't experienced it themselves."

Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 04-13-2011, 07:27 PM

"You and Professor X have taught us that our powers are gifts, to be used for the good of mankind," Jean said.

Old
Cheshire1996 (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 04-13-2011, 07:30 PM

"But the truth is a rare gift," Storm replied. "Not all mutants are lucky enough to be taught what good their powers can do, that there isn't anything to be ashamed of. Hopefully Charles and I will be able to take a look at this 'cure' later today and talk some sense into the people running it."