Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards

Cartoon Dolls Community - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/)
-   RPG Games (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/rpg-games/)
-   -   Axis Powers: Hetalia {RP} (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/rpg-games/22515-axis-powers-hetalia-rp.html)

karatekid12365 07-28-2010 01:32 PM

Axis Powers: Hetalia {RP}

For those of you who don't know, Axis Powers: Hetalia is an Anime where all the nations of the world are personified as actual people. The characters are also stereotyped to how the people of the nation acts or is known for. For example: America always wants to be the hero and is hardly ever seen without a cheeseburger and Russia, who thinks himself to be a nice, generous fellow, is actually a very scary and violent man.

Rules:
oo1. No power playing (ie. controlling other characters) and god modeling (moving through events quickly so other characters aren't able to contribute.)
oo2. The other countries are welcome but please try to take up the Allied Forces and Axis Powers first, please.
oo3. Try not to make out-of-era references; remember that this is set in WWII
oo4. It's alright to address the nations as their actual nation name, but also remember that they do have actual, human names.
oo5. There will more-than-likely be some form of violence in here, after all it is a war.
oo6. Please also introduce your character in paragraph form instead of just the template.

Allied Forces:
The Allied Forces consist of America, England, France, China and Russia and are currently known as the good guys. You can also check out the wiki page on them here: Allied Forces Characters - Hetalia Archives

America (Alfred F. Jones): karatekid12365
England (Arthur Kirkland): Xx_xXStick_FigureXx_xX
France (Francis Bonnefoy): Xx_xXStick_FigureXx_xX
China (Wang Yao*): Cheshire1996
Russia (Ivan Braginski): oO_mockingjay_Oo
*China is usually addressed as Yao instead of Wang.

Axis Powers:
They consist of Germany, Japan, and Northern Italy and are currently bent on world conquest. For more info on them, they also have a wiki page here: Axis Powers Characters - Hetalia Archives

Germany (Ludwig*): open
Northern Italy (Feliciano Vargas**): open
Japan (Honda Kiku***): rikarikachibs
*Ludwig has no known last name
**Feliciano also has a brother, Romano, also known as Southern Italy.
***Japan is usually addressed as Kiku. He also used to be a close friend of America's before he attacked him at Pearl Harbor.

Other Nations:

All other characters can be found here as well: List of Axis Powers Hetalia characters - Hetalia Archives And feel free to make a character to a nation who isn't listed.

Hungary (Elizabeta Hédervár): Cheshire1996
Canada (Matthew Williams): rikarikachibs
Australia (Steve Howes): karatekid12365

Plot:
Not so long ago, the Japanese unleashed an attack on Pearl Harbor. It's early February, 1942, and America has just joined the second battle for the world. Just like WWI, America had planned to stay out of the war entirely, but unfortunately the Axis Powers had thought otherwise. He couldn't help but wonder just how long Japan had plotted to bring him into the war and betray him. It wasn't long before he began thinking of way to get back at his old friend for stabbing him in the back. World War II has already begun to take it's tole, pulling every major nation in the world into it's grasp and Germany has a keen eye to win it and Japan himself is seriously developed into the idea of owning all of Asia for himself. He had proven to the everyone once before that such a small nation as he could take a serious impact on the world. America had just recently been given the plans by a certain German scientist named Albert Einstein that he knew could shift the war around completely, maybe even win it. The Allies hopes have been lifted somewhat now that they have reinforcements from America, even though they knew he'd be fighting his own battles all the way on the other side of the world, but will his crazy ideas be enough to actually pull through for once?

The Allied Forces finally agreed to hold a meeting, knowing that the Axis Powers were sure to be discussing strategies as well, to talk about any ideas on ending this war. England was desperate to get the Germans out of his country and China was becoming more and more concerned about the Japanese take over in Asia while France had yet to say a word; his input in military gatherings had become far from acknowledged. Everyone seemed to be lacking in useful ideas... everyone except America. In fact, he had been the only one that seemed to have an idea at the moment. He wasn't hesitant to throw out his crazy, and some what unethical, ideas at everyone. Like most things, including his plan, he didn't care to think it through, he just wanted to take action and for people to stand behind him. They weren't expecting just exactly what he had to say. Even Russia himself, the man who took blood shed as a hobby and always loved to stand back and watch a fight was a bit taken back by the man's idea.

An Atomic bomb seemed rather rash, but they all agreed it would serve as a major turning point, but America himself saw it as the perfect way to give Japan a piece of his mind. England had hopes of talking his former ward out of the idea but he knew it would be useless to get through his hard head. The other allies simply just sat back and agreed, hoping that they wouldn't have to be pulled into this fiasco. Production started immediately. Everyone had noticed that this wasn't the America they all knew, this man was fueled by pure anger and wanted nothing but revenge and that fury was enough to match that of Japan's. Germany was to busy cleaning up the terrible messes left behind by Italy to notice such a plot and Japan was to focused on conquering Asia to even bother with America, he had plans for him later. The world of Nations had become a hectic one; most agreed to stay out as much as they possibly could and let the Super Powers handle it, but eventually they knew that they alone couldn't stand up to the military might that was Germany and Japan. Will they join in the war or will they just simply continue to sit back and watch as the world is tore off it's hinges? Only time will tell.

Character Template:
Name: (actual name)
Nation Name:
Affiliation: (do they support the Axis Powers or the Allied Forces or are they neutral?)
Short Bio:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Name: Alfred F. Jones
Nation Name: The United States of America
Affiliation: Allied Force
Short Bio: Alfred is a loud and energetic man who is obsessed with superheroes, hamburgers and justice. He likes to see himself as the one and only hero and loves to take charge as so. He was also once the younger brother of Arthur but refused to be so during the Revolutionary War.

~~~

Alfred quietly walked through the doors of the conference room with a bright smile, quickly looking around for someone to flash it at. He was shocked to find that he had been the first person there; he was never the first person to a meeting, he was usually 'fashionably late'. He simply shrugged and jumped into the chair that was signified as his, spinning around a bit in it. He let out a small, content sigh as he looked around at the empty room with wide and curious eyes. He was sure that everyone else was close behind him and that he didn't have enough time to do something stupid, or awesome, he figured.

Instead, he threw his feet up on top of the polished table, clearly not showing any respect for it, and reclined back in his chair a bit. He thought for a moment before reaching into his jacket pocket and pulling out a baseball. Alfred always kept all sorts of novelty items and useless junk in his pockets; it kept him entertained during times like these. He shifted to the side a bit and began slowly rolling the baseball back and fourth between his hands. His mind began to drift off to all the times that he had forced Canada to play catch with him and he would beat him senseless with the ball. Matthew always blamed Alfred for doing it on purpose but Alfred thought otherwise. He just figured he couldn't catch and that he should stick to hockey, but he was keeping that to himself for now.

Alfred slowly glanced down at his watch, taking note that he was actually on time and not early, and that everyone else was late. 'I hope I came to the right place,' he said to himself as he glanced around the room skeptically. Of course this was the right place, sure it wasn't on his map, but it was right; Alfred had always wondered where everyone else was on his map. The man was so clueless that he continued to believe that a map of the US was all he needed and figured everyone else was crazy for telling him that there was more to the world. He let out a bored sigh before looking back down to his miniature game of catch between his left and right hand, eventually getting caught in a trance.

Miranda_ 07-28-2010 02:07 PM

Your plot is far too small. You need three large paragraphs, as I already explained to you, to pass muster. Here's one of my RPs as another example: http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/r...ighter-rp.html See the difference? You also have no character of your own, and no intro paragraph. You have to have those before starting.

I will give you a chance to edit your first post so it fits the rules, but if you don't edit by tomorrow, or if you do and the edits are not enough to pass the RP, it will be locked. It wouldn't be fair on everyone else if I just let yours pass when it doesn't fit the rules I laid out.

Silent_Wolf 07-28-2010 05:57 PM

Here's an idea to help you out, Karatekid:

Let's say I'm an RPer that's interested in the RP. However, while you've given plenty of links, I'm still rather lost and this is putting me off the RP to some degree. What is the culture like? What is the mindset of most civillians, what's the mindset of most soldiers? Are there desertings, have there been any major attacks?

Most importantly, who are the main canon characters, such as the leaders of each country? What is it that they do? Do they believe what they are doing is right, or are they acting out of greed, revenge, or pure sadism?

If you elaborate on questions like that, your plot explanation can flourish wonderfully. :)

karatekid12365 07-28-2010 10:23 PM

K, all my adjustments have been made.

Miranda_ 07-29-2010 08:28 AM

MUCH better. ^^ Your RP passes and people can now join.

karatekid12365 07-29-2010 10:08 AM

Whoo! 8D Thanks so much.

Xx_xXStick_FigureXx_xX 07-30-2010 05:37 PM

Name: Arthur Kirkland
Nation Name: England
Affiliation: Allied Forces
Short Bio: Arthur is a man who is always doubtful of others and often speaks rather harshly. However, he has a caring side that he once showed to Alfred when he became his 'older brother'. He is ridiculed for believing in mystical creatures, ghosts, and magic, but has the ability to communicate with supernatural beings. Arthur is also known for his terrible cooking.
~~

Arthur opened the doors of the conference room to find Alfred sitting at the table, his feet up. In his hands, he was throwing one of those balls he hit with a stick back and forth. He slowly walked towards him, seeing Alfred was caught up in a trance like state. "Alfred?" he said as he hit him in the back of his head with his palm. Usually, Arthur would have simply called him an idiot for not noticing him earlier, but he wouldn't have heard him. "Why are you of all people here early?"

ooc: Is this okay? I'm afraid I got the character wrong >.<

karatekid12365 07-30-2010 06:13 PM

((Yeah, he's good. Alfred and Arthur have a rather strenuous relationship but there is still that little bit of compassion left.))

Alfred jumped forward a bit as he was hit in the back of the head. He turned around quickly, flaring the look that only a gold fish could imitate as the baseball rolled across and off the table. "God, Arthur that hurt!" he said harshly as he rubbed the back of his head. His eyes narrowed at the man. "I dunno, why are you of all people late?" He crossed his arms with a sly smile as a single eyebrow rose, curious for an answer.

Xx_xXStick_FigureXx_xX 07-30-2010 06:51 PM

Arthur turned to the clock on the wall. It turned out he was late. "Well, I've had a lot on my hands since that d@mn German invasion. I've been losing track of time. How is this meeting supposed to help us again?" Arthur asked Alfred unsure if a simple meeting would settle anything.

karatekid12365 07-30-2010 07:06 PM

"I don't know, okay!" Alfred said as he rolled his eyes and turned away from the man. "I'm only here because I was asked to be." That and he was the hero, he was required to be. "I have much more important things to deal with." He set his elbow up on the table and rested his chin in his hands as he glared heavily at the wall across from him.