Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

RPG Games All Roleplay and Role-play games. Create and play Fantasy and In-Out-Character RPs, "legend of" type and any other RP games.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#11 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 06-24-2010, 08:41 PM

Arik grabbed a broom from the cupboard as he crept out into the seating area of the restaurant; there didn't appear to be anybody around. The sounds of the.. zombies, he supposed, were still outside, but at least they seemed to have forgotten him in favor of somebody else. He walked back into the kitchen and unlocked the back door, cracking it open to listen. There wasn't a single sound in the back. Thank goodness.

He flicked the lights off, more out of habit than anything else, and he glanced at the rotting bodies, his nose wrinkling in distaste, and he walked out.

Little did he know that in a few short hours, that those dead bodies would rise again - faster, meaner, and deadlier. But, likely, they wouldn't be able to figure out the doors.

Once he was outside, he realized that going outside the way he had was a bad idea. There were zombies everywhere, all shuffling and groaning in their own special way. He could hear gunshots far, far off in the distance, but he didn't think anything of it, not really. It was probably other people fighting for survival.

He ducked into the alleyways, bludgeoning aside any zombies; he figured that killing them was going to be a waste of energy.

He was going to go for the Residential district and hope for the best. Maybe that guy on the floor above him had some spare guns? He was a bit loony.

-------

Carmen glanced over each informational sheet as it passed over the screen in her office, and she picked up the phone as it began to ring. "What?"

"We found Shapo. The vial was broken, doesn't look like there was even anything in it."

"You idiots." She slammed the phone down, not bothering to answer. It was hit-or-miss regarding infection by the Green Flu. Either you were or you weren't. Didn't matter if you got bit by any of the regular Horde; the Commons weren't what could kill you. It was strictly airborne or injected - at least, as far as their studies had shown.

She bit her thumbnail, staring at the screen with Jem on it. .. God, I hope that virus isn't physically contractable..

-----

Zombies shuffled around the building that Lizzie had taken refuge in; there were some inside as well, though they hadn't quite yet picked up on her presence. There weren't very many things around with which to make weapons - though, there was a long broom. If she broke the brush off, she could make a nice spear out of it, but it wouldn't do much good for close range. Which is what zombies seemed to enjoy.

Maybe if she broke it into smaller pieces...

There was also a fire extinguisher, a bucket, and a mop, along with several chairs and and a desk with a safe under it. The safe door was hanging open slightly.
-----

When Shadow arrived in the Residential district, one of the first things she'd see was Arik fighting off a single zombie. Weirdly enough, there weren't many zombies in the area. This was because the Residentials was the zone that the UBCS had hit first; any zombies in the area had been wiped out when they'd run through, and any surviving ones were in bad shape. Well, in worse shape than most; missing limbs or crawling on the ground.

Arik kicked the zombie back, knocking it down, and he pressed a hand into a scratch in his neck, pulling his fingers away and grimacing at the blood. "Cheeky frikken.." He exhaled and turned away from the zombie, then noticed Shadow. "..Uh. I'm not a zombie, but there's one behind you!"

-----

Carmen sat down at her desk and started typing rapidly on her keyboard, bringing up more screens around her desk; the people who had installed the system had never really explained how it worked, but at this point she didn't care as long as it stayed working. When the number she needed up was up, she turned around in her chair and held up her hands, pushing a few to the side. She used one of her fingers to pull a nearby one closer, and she observed the person on it; Ryan Braithewait. Where the was he hiding? The camera observing him didn't state the location like the others did.

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#12 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 06-24-2010, 08:46 PM

Shadow didn't even bother to look behind her; instead, she swung her saw over her shoulder. It sliced cleanly thru the rotting neck of the zombie, and she shuddered instinctively as she jumped forward to get away from its falling body.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#13 (permalink))
Old
Cheshire1996 (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 06-24-2010, 08:56 PM

Ryan had no idea of the computers or Carmen of course, at the moment his mind or nose rather was full of the rotting stench. His legs were starting to cramp, he'd have to move sooner or later or he had no hope at all. Ryan stumbled to his feet.

(#14 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 06-24-2010, 09:05 PM

"Hey." The voice was tinny, and seemed to be coming from a corner of the room that Ryan was in. "Hey! State your location. Now. This is a friend. State your location so I can help you." The camera made a faint whirring noise.

-------

"Are you alr- Sh*t you're bleeding." Arik ripped off part of his chef's apron - sh*t, he was still wearing it? - and grabbed her hand, tying the rag around the cut. He was splattered with blood, from zombies he'd fended off, but he didn't look too bad. "How'd you get away from the-the .. y'know." He made a gesture to the zombie.

But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
(#15 (permalink))
Old
Cheshire1996 (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 06-24-2010, 09:08 PM

Ryan stared at the corner of the room in disbelief. "I'm in an antique shop, I think, there's an alleyway out there, I was in it before," he pushed his glasses up on his nose, a nervous habit and waited for a reply.

Last edited by Cheshire1996 : 06-24-2010 at 09:11 PM.
(#16 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 06-24-2010, 09:16 PM

Shadow was still shivering as Arik bound up her injured hand. "I took a saw from the hardware room in college," she said. "I used it to cut its head off. The whole college is swarming with them. Cept for the sorority and frat houses. Those are tighter than Fort Knox."

(#17 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 06-24-2010, 09:23 PM

"Okay. What uh, what you want to do is meet up with somebody who can watch your back." The voice was still tinny, but a little louder. "There's people in the Residential district, but that's far off and everywhere between you and them is full of zombies and god knows what else." There was another short whir. "Grab that chair near you, break all the legs off. I don't recommend using any guns you find in that shop, old guns never work. You're apt to get killed using it."

-------

"Jesus. Then why are you out here and not in one of the sorority hou.. nevermind, campus was crawling with them." Arik finished tying the bandage. "Come on, I know a safe place. Only problem is that I don't know if the guy'll let us in because he's a bit of a loony bin, himself."

-------

The UBCS soldiers strode through the mini mall, ignoring the one at the back who continually complained of being cold. "Look, go grab a coat." The leader glared back at him over his shoulder. "Your complaining isn't doing us any good."

"S-Sorry, boss, it's just that it got awful cold all'a sudden."

"It's not cold. You're just not used to the north."

Halestorm
(#18 (permalink))
Old
Cheshire1996 (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 06-24-2010, 09:28 PM

"How the hell am I meant to find other people then?" Ryan asked as he began to break the legs of a nearby chair. He didn't tell the voice he had a gun of perfect working order in his bag.

(#19 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 06-24-2010, 09:31 PM

"You listen for gunshots. Yell that you're not a zombie. You do something." There was a long, quiet pause. The camera whirred a bit in its corner, then the voice added, "Or you could just use that handgun you've got. Y'know that it's illegal to have those when you're in school, correct? You can be expelled for that."

Carmen's sense of humor was very, very bad.

Halestorm
(#20 (permalink))
Old
Cheshire1996 (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 06-24-2010, 09:34 PM

D.amn, how did it know that, and he didn't find being expelled very funny either. Had the situation been less horrific he might have argued. Instead he focused on making sure the gun was properly prepared.

Closed Thread