Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

RPG Games All Roleplay and Role-play games. Create and play Fantasy and In-Out-Character RPs, "legend of" type and any other RP games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 02-06-2011, 05:11 PM

Horus laughed. "I kind of figured it had to be something like that."

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 4 Votes / 4.75 Average
Default 02-06-2011, 05:20 PM

"I was thinking the same thing. So, Isis, this spell-thing for my powers and stuff?" Helena said.

"It includes seven processes. Also, I have to know which animal you are associated with as a deity; though you Greek-types aren't known for taking animal form, you're stilll associated with them." Isis said.

"My animal is a dove; sweet, gentle, beautiful... very fluffy on the br.east," Helena said, chuckling at the last part. "Why?"

"We must use the blood of one... just a small amount, we don't have to kill the poor bird," Isis said.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 02-06-2011, 05:33 PM

"I could go catch one, using my falcon shape," Horus said. "I could catch one and bring it here, and you could heal it and let it go afterwards."

Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 02-06-2011, 06:04 PM

"Isis, does your phone have internet?" Helena asked.

"Why, yes-" Isis began.

"Can I borrow it? We don't have any white doves in the area, but we have a couple of different kinds; if Horus wants to find 'em for me, I should show him some pictures of the variants we have here..."

"Certainly." Isis handed Helena her phone.

Helena quickly searched and showed Horus some images one by one. "The inca dove, eurasian collared dove, and the mourning dove. They all can be found in the area."

Ooc: Photos
Inca Dove
Eurasian Collared Dove
Ruddy Ground Dove
Mourning Dove

Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 02-06-2011, 06:17 PM

Horus nodded. "If I see one of those, I'll bring it back. Want me to go right away?"

Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 02-06-2011, 06:19 PM

"Only if you want," Helena said.

At the exact same time, Isis had said, "If you please, my son."

Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 02-06-2011, 06:23 PM

"Might as well; it'll speed things up a bit, and we don't want to wait until certain people decide to show up and wreck things," Horus said, referring to Osiris. He still hadn't forgiven his father for hitting him.

Horus opened the window, then took his falcon form and flew out.

Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 02-06-2011, 06:27 PM

Ooc: I found this really interesting page on magic and afterlife philosophy in ancient Egypt... they believed that the loss of the name meant "the total annihilation of the individual" or soul... I could spread that to apply to the gods, too, explaining their 'fading away' more clearly...

Helena looked confused at thhat.

"Horus' father saw fit to hit him awhile back," Isis sniffed.

"Over what?" Helena asked.

"Something Athena told him. Honestly!" Isis rolled her eyes.

"...this sounds like a story for another time," Helena said.

Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 02-06-2011, 06:30 PM

Ooc: Yeah, that would work. XD

It took Horus about ten minutes before he found a collared dove sitting on top of a street light. He caught it in his talons skillfully, before launching again into flight and heading back to the house.

Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 02-06-2011, 06:33 PM

Ooc: The language is a bit dry, but this si seriously fascinating stuff... The Wisdom of the Egyptians: Chapter VI: Egyptian Magic

The dove uttered a sort of frightened chortle and struggled in Horus' claws, but couldn't break free.