Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

RPG Games All Roleplay and Role-play games. Create and play Fantasy and In-Out-Character RPs, "legend of" type and any other RP games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#211 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 06-12-2010, 12:11 PM

"Who is it?" Horus snapped in annoyance; he was still in a rotten mood.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#212 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 4 Votes / 4.75 Average
Default 06-12-2010, 12:13 PM

"It's Nephthys. I want to apologize, Horus, for my rude behavior." she said, hoping it dind't sound forced.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#213 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 06-12-2010, 02:00 PM

"Thanks, sir." Thoth smiled. "Could you direct me to the history books?"

Bastet had heard the fight; a bit hard not to hear Isis screaming at the top of her lungs. While she was outraged at Horus for slapping Nepthys like that - she was particularly pr'ickly, herself, about women being attacked - it wasn't like she could do anything. Horus was king, after all.

.. But, wait. She pulled the last of the string off her arm, frowning. Where had Osiris gone?

Oh, forget it. Not like he'd listen. Isis was overbearing and wouldn't let him hear any side but her own. Same with Horus, the spoilt brat. Bastet sighed and crossed her arms. She was glad that she had never been involved in relationships; it was far too difficult, with too much drama. She idly played with some string, the initial cheer-fueled frenzy gone. There wasn't really any reason for any of them to be fighting. They were in an unfamiliar place. She knew she couldn't expect them to get along - not by a long shot. But for Ptah's sake, now was not the time for infighting and backstabbing. If the human who had summoned them found them, and ...

Oh, hell. Where was Anubis, he'd know more. She ventured upstairs to the room he'd picked and knocked on the door. "Anubis? Can you tell me anything else about that summoning spell?"

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
(#214 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 06-12-2010, 03:36 PM

"Nonfiction history is over there." The man said, pointing to a section that had a large sign hanging down from overhead.

"And, um, can you tell me where to find a book of names and their meanings?" Osiris asked.

The man was a little caught by surprise, then smiled a knowing smile; he thought Osiris was a teen dad who was actually going to stick around. O.o "Sure thing. Follow your friend until you reach the third row of book shelves, then make a left..." The man continued onwith his more detailed instructions, then Osiris left to go find the name book.

"Jeez, why does Thoth get the easy instructions?" he muttered.

(#215 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 06-12-2010, 03:57 PM

Thoth was disappointed that the books were so easy to find. He grabbed the history books he needed - there were several - and came back to the librarian and set the books down. "Do you also have any on American culture? We didn't really have time to prepare before we flew over."

But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
(#216 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 06-12-2010, 04:02 PM

"Wow, we just got a book about the overview of American culture about a month ago. See that section? It's the new adult non-fiction; look for the book with the number 973 and the letters F-I-S on it and you'll get it." The man said, pointing.

Osiris came back at that moment with a book of names with a baby on the cover. XD "Found it!"

(#217 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 06-12-2010, 04:10 PM

"Thanks." Thoth grinned and headed over to find the book.

Halestorm
(#218 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 06-12-2010, 04:12 PM

"Hey, wait up." Osiris said, following Thoth. XD

The man raised an eyebrow; he hadn't had visitors to the library this interesting in, well, years.

(#219 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 06-12-2010, 04:15 PM

Thoth found the book. "I just can't believe all these books! Even the library we had at home didn't have this many."

Halestorm
(#220 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 06-12-2010, 04:19 PM

"That's because you wrote all the ones back home yourself." Osiris said. "But, yeah, the sheer amount makes my head swim a little; who knew people liked to write so much?"