Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

RPG Games All Roleplay and Role-play games. Create and play Fantasy and In-Out-Character RPs, "legend of" type and any other RP games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 4 Votes / 4.75 Average
Default 01-30-2011, 09:26 PM

Blaze started out in a far corner of the mat with her back to the judged and audience, her hip popped and her arms behind her back. The music, when it started, was revealed to be some sort of jazz instrumental. Blaze began with some smooth, sultry hand movements in time to the music, then begun some impressive acrobatics, including some back handsprings and a double pike. Blaze wobbled a bit after landing the pike, but her face remained calm as she continued to perform.

The routine required Blaze to do a lot of fairly advanced moves, such as the aforementioned double pike, a triple full twist flip, lots of handsprings and roundoffs, and some jumps during wich she'd do various split-like poses in mid-air. But inbetween each of these major moves, she danced to the music. While Blaze did all of this perfectly, including moving her hips in a way she considered a bit suggestive, she did it robotically, and without any real flavor or personality to go with the music.

Ooc: Links to follow to help in visualizing the moves mentioned
double pike
Triple Full Twist Flip
round of back handspring
video of a full level 10 routine

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 01-31-2011, 02:21 PM

Silver of course didn't know any better, and thought that Blaze was doing the moves perfectly.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 01-31-2011, 04:27 PM

When Blaze finished, she got a round of applause and a round of cheers from her team members, then left the mat panting. She did all the moves perfectly, but she knew she did them robotically; her parents had tried to give her dance lessons before. It just dind't work; if she tried t go with the music too much, she lost her focus and would do one of the harder moves in the routine way wrong.

She thought over all this as she headed back to her spot with the MH team, though she didn't forget to direct a smile at Silver.

Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 01-31-2011, 06:39 PM

Silver clapped along with everyone else once Blaze was finished.

Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 01-31-2011, 11:17 PM

After the rest of the MH tesm did the routine, they rotated over to the balance bars. As before, Blaze was first, and she was glad; balance beam was her best. In fact, one of her team-mates had once joked that she looked like a cat on a fence on the beam.

Blaze almost effortlessly did various hard acrobatics, including a flip, on the beam; she always knew where her center was, and just how to land.

After that, Blaze's tesm had a break. Blaze went over to Silver, of course.

Ooc: You know I couldn't resist the cat reference...
A vid example of level 10 gymnastics beam: link

Last edited by spirit_queen : 02-09-2011 at 02:39 PM.
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 02-10-2011, 08:56 AM

Silver looked troubled. "You know that I signed up to do summer sports?" he said. "I've been thinking, and I don't want to do it. But I don't want to not graduate. It's not fair, cuz I failed sports all that time cuz of Vector and Manic always getting at me."

Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 02-10-2011, 08:59 AM

"But then you have to make it up later... are you sure you want to do that?" Balze asked gently.

Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 02-10-2011, 09:29 AM

"I don't want to have to make it up at all. Not by playing sports, anyway. It's not fair. Even with you helping me, I'm not ever going to be any good at them, so even if I do go thru summer sports, I might just fail anyway and it would have been all for nothing."

Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 02-10-2011, 09:36 AM

"I know it's not fair," Blaze said. "I wish it weren't like that; there are other schools that don't make you do double, but this one isn't one of them."

Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 02-10-2011, 09:50 AM

"I might as well stay on another year, since I'm not going to graduate this year, whatever I do," Silver said in a defeatist way. "Why even bother?"