Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

RPG Games All Roleplay and Role-play games. Create and play Fantasy and In-Out-Character RPs, "legend of" type and any other RP games.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default The X Factor {RP} - 08-08-2008, 04:15 PM

This is at the beginning of a new era. Humanity is growing, evolving, changing. No-one knows just how it came to be, but children are being born with a mutated gene that manifests at around age 15. These children have either strange features or powers, or both. Normal humans both hate and fear these strange mutants and shun them from society. In time, there will be a group that is formed to give support to these mutants, a school run by a mutant named Charles Xavier, but all this is yet to be. This time, no-one is supporting these strange humans, most wish only for them to be excised from the human world.

Among the people who wish this are an anti-mutant group known as Humanity Against Freaks, or HAF. They target the mutants and also any place that allows mutants to frequent, such as shops, hotels, cinemas. They are fueled entirely by hatred and altho there is no main leader, they are organised in frightenly efficience. The police are powerless to act; and indeed, some of the higher police officers are members of the organisation.

Fighting on the other side are a small group of mutants known only as the Vigilantes; they use their powers only to protect themselves, but are generally viewed with mistrust by most of the population, some of which hail the HAF as being heroes who only are trying to protect humanity from the mutant menace. The Vigilantes are set upon from all sides, so don't use their real names, only codenames. Seeing them as mutant terrorists, the police are determined to stamp them out.

Rules.

1. This RP is for experienced RPers ONLY. If I do not consider you experienced, then you can't join. Don't spam the RP begging to join. Any players must also abide by the main forum rules.

2. If you need more information, read this link: X-Men - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia However, understand this; the X-men do NOT EXIST YET. This RP is set in an era back when the X-men were either not born yet, or just toddlers. So don't play one of them please, original characters only.

3. If you're playing a mutant, you only have one power. If a power is already taken, you can not have the same one. I want everyone to have different powers, not say 4 people all playing as pyrokinetics. You can either have a freakish appearence, or be normal. If I think your character is unrealistic, you will be asked to change it; do not have an attitude about this.

4. Humans only; no vampires, fairies, elves or any other race. This RP is only about humans and mutants.

5. If you are unsure about anything in the storyline, PM me; don't spam up the RP asking questions.

Character Form:

Name:
Bio:

~~~

Name: Paul Ashwin
Power: Shapeshifter
Bio: Paul has been at the orphanage his whole life. He doesn't know anything about his parents at all. When he was 12, his mutation manifested and he was then set upon by some of the other kids at the orphanage. He was able however to fight them off by changing his shape; he badly injured them, so now he's generally avoided. Paul has a very hot temper, he can also be stubborn to the point of being extremely irritating to anyone who's dealing with him, and also extremely selfish and only concerned with black and white, missing shades of grey.

~~~

Paul sat on a bench alone in the small outdoor area that belonged to the orphanage. Nearby, some of the others who lived in the orphanage either played or sat in various places talking, depending on age. Paul made no attempt to join any of the groups; he'd learned very early on, even before his mutation had manifested, that he wasn't welcome. Paul had just seemed odd in his childhood years and hadn't been popular. When he began puberty however, everything changed as he developed not only as a teenager, but also a mutation in the form of shapeshifting powers.

The powers had come on unannounced; he had suddenly changed shape in the common room and had immediately been set upon. He had changed shape again, taking the shape of a tiger and had fought off his attackers. Since that day, he had become an outcast and was severely left alone. In the orphanage, new cases were often being brought in and Paul often watched them to see if they were like him, but too often he was disappointed. He longed for the day to come when he could leave the place forever.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Sarah_K_O_M (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 22 Votes / 3.59 Average
Default 08-08-2008, 05:15 PM

Name: Aislin (Az-lin) Kam
Power: Illusions. With effort she can make them tangible, but not for long.
Bio: When she was ten years old Aislin’s parents were killed in a home invasion. Since then she has been in orphanages. She was moved from her old one recently as other children had reported seeing odd images and creatures when she was around and the orphanage decided to make her someone else’s problem, the decision helped by her established status as a difficult child, not so much unruly as just plain unemotional and unreactive.

Aislin got out of the car, pulling on her bag over one shoulder and slamming the car door behind her. She surveyed the building in front of her and kicked the dirt, “This bites.” she muttered.

"Without heroes we are all plain people and don't know how far we can go."

-Bernard Malamud
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 08-08-2008, 05:25 PM

Paul looked up from his silent contemplation to see the car draw up in front of the orphanage. He saw the girl get out of the car, wondering idly if she'd be yet another human, or maybe even another mutant. Someone who'd be on his side.

(#4 (permalink))
Old
Sarah_K_O_M (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Default 08-08-2008, 05:36 PM

Aislin went into the orphanage, looking for someone to show her around.

-Bernard Malamud
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 08-08-2008, 05:48 PM

A tall girl was chosen to do the honours. She looked as tho she would rather be doing almost anything else as she reluctantly began the tour. "That's the refectory, where everyone has their meals," she said as she showed Aislin a large room inside the orphanages. "Come upstairs; I'll show you where you're going to sleep. Boys and girls here have separate dormies."

(#6 (permalink))
Old
Sarah_K_O_M (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Default 08-08-2008, 05:51 PM

Aislin followed, making faces.

-Bernard Malamud
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 01-20-2009, 08:15 AM

Nyx winced. "Sorry."

*later*

Nyx was sleeping on the couch again; she'd taken a shower earlier to try to get rid of the nose-irritating perfume.

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
(#8 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 4 Votes / 4.75 Average
Default 01-20-2009, 08:17 AM

Johnny had stopped sneezing, which was a good sign. ^^

(#9 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 01-20-2009, 08:20 AM

Nyx sat up, rubbing an eye. "Blahh, couch is not comfy enough to sleep on. Bleh..."

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
(#10 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 4 Votes / 4.75 Average
Default 01-20-2009, 08:22 AM

"Then go sleep on a bed, you goof." Johnny said, pausing in eating some chocolate.

Closed Thread