Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

RPG Games All Roleplay and Role-play games. Create and play Fantasy and In-Out-Character RPs, "legend of" type and any other RP games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 08-05-2013, 10:54 AM

Erika peeked over the counter. "Star? Can I get a small sample of the healing serum for a test? Robin's got an inquiry."

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 08-05-2013, 02:22 PM

Star smiled at Erika. "Sure," she said. "I keep the serum in the lab fridge. I can trust you to get a sample yourself, yeah?"

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 08-06-2013, 12:16 PM

"Yep!" ^_^ Erika went about getting said sample and hopped back up on her lab stool. "Alright, where's that slide you brought me."

"Here." She held her palm up, and her hand dropped downward on a hinge; a slide that had already been prepped was in her wrist. Erika stared at it.

"... Well, that's interesting." She took it gingerly and slid it into the microscope before examining it. "I don't see anything wrong with these cells, Robin."

"You'd have to see the genetic makeup to see it. Here." She held up a sheet of paper and Erika took it, glancing at it, then staring.

"That's not a proper sequence." She picked up one of her textbooks off the floor, "That's not even X-gene sequencing, that's just mutation gone rampant."

"Yes. I was reading over a medical journal and was able to recreate the sample in it for testing. Curiosity is simply impossible to ignore as a result of my programming." For some reason, her metered voice took a deadpan tone.

"You're lying. This is somebody's on the ship." Erika bit her lip. "Whose?"

"Until I come to a certifiable conclusion about the circumstances surrounding the DNA jumbling, I cannot reveal that information." Robin held her hands up in apology. "Patient confidentiality."

Erika huffed and scooted over, taking the top slide off the DNA smear and adding a tiny drop of the healing serum. Robin took the slide once Erika was done noting things on paper and inserted it into the slot in her wrist once more. "DNA sequencing has been rearranged into the normal genetic sequence, but-" She frowned. "-projecting down the line, a few years from now, a reapplication of this would need to be applied. The sample's already returning to its original state."

But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 08-06-2013, 06:50 PM

"There is one permanent solution," Star said, carefully. "But it would require a permanent change."

She was referring of course to being made a vampire.

Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 08-06-2013, 07:12 PM

"This is true. I've already discussed it with the patient in question but they need time to consider it. In any case, their prognosis is surprisingly good given their present health. As a result of a very healthy and active lifestyle, they should live until their thirties or forties at the very least, fifty at most." The android silenced before adding, "Though, the fact the serum isn't maintaining itself as a solution is because there's really no damage to repair. To properly repair it, as a potential other solution to the permanent change you suggest, one would need a second body as you have done previously for several people on the ship." She held up a hand. "But due to the fact that one-half of their DNA was corrupt upon transferral, and both donors are out of reach, this would be an impossible feat and the choice is to either live out their days as they wish, or to eventually make that choice. I'm unsure of the longterm effects of an eternal life, but I don't doubt that they would appreciate a life where they've always yearned for it, free of the world's cares." Robin's subtle hints hopefully conveyed who the patient's identity.

Halestorm
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 08-06-2013, 07:55 PM

"If the patient makes the choice to be turned into a vampire," Star added, "They would have to make the choice while they are still young enough for their body to cope with the change. All the research I've done shows that the change is hard on a human body. I did a few tests on Raziel when he was turned; since he was young and strong, it wasn't any problem for him. However, a human of age forty for example would find the change difficult, and there'd be a fifty percent chance that they wouldn't survive it."

Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 08-06-2013, 07:57 PM

"Precisely. Which makes me wonder how Arik survived; he was around thirty-five when he was changed, and in poor health given the era he was changed." She paused. "But when you take into account his mutant genes giving him a beserker quality, that is likely what enabled him to survive." Robin was silent for a moment again and tilted her head. "I may pursue this as a study one day but for now, I should return to the infirmary." She smiled. "Thank you both for your time."

Halestorm
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 08-06-2013, 08:17 PM

"Mutant genes change everything; they're like a wild card," Star replied. "Just like getting dealt a joker in a game of poker which turns a bad hand into a good one."

Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 08-06-2013, 08:20 PM

Robin was apparently drawing a blank; card games were not in her database and she simply looked at Star, confused. Erika explained it, calmly, and Robin nodded, clearly still not processing the meaning. "Ah. Well."

Elsewhere on the ship, Arik was cooking dinner and holding a cookbook in one arm as he fought with a blender with the other hand and an elbow. "Dammit, this thing isn't working, Markie." x_x

Halestorm
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 08-07-2013, 07:20 AM

Markie came over and took over the blender, which worked perfectly for him. "Maybe you just haven't got the knack."