Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

RPG Games All Roleplay and Role-play games. Create and play Fantasy and In-Out-Character RPs, "legend of" type and any other RP games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 07-18-2013, 06:40 AM

Arkady looked at the pillow approvingly. "That looks good. You're as clever as my mother was with sewing."

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 07-18-2013, 09:35 AM

Germaine blushed and fiddled with the edges. "I've had a long life and it's going to last me even longer, anyway. I had to be good at something other than taking care of the dead." She did smile, though.

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 07-18-2013, 07:25 PM

"I've had a long life and I'm not really sure what I'm good at," Arkady replied. He smiled, ruefully. "Unless it's making enemies."

Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 07-20-2013, 12:02 PM

"You have all the time in the world." She smiled.

*later*

But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 07-20-2013, 07:01 PM

Despite all assurances to the latter, Liam was starting to really worry about Alvin. He was sure that there was something she wasn't telling him about the state of her health.

Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 07-21-2013, 11:00 AM

Alvin, for the most part, had acted healthy; though the increased hours of sleeping were definitely a bother, and to top that off, Ishmael had found her sleeping in various rooms as though she'd simply tipped over. After putting her in the med bay, Ishmael started looking for Liam.

Robin began another medical evaluation of the captain while she slept, and again, was nonplussed: None of the symptoms properly matched anything in her database. She ticked through her files a moment, finding different threads to follow, and could only come to a conclusion that worried her. If it wasn't cancer, it could only be genetic; perhaps caused by the radiation her grandmother was exposed to and later her own mother, and possibly exacerbated by the childhood polio. Without actual data on her mother's side of the family, Robin couldn't say for sure, but it was the most likely cause.

Robin sat down in a chair next to Alvin and observed her brain waves, idly counting the peaks and valleys as a way to reset her sensors and settle down whatever it was that set her servos running. She was also waiting for Liam to arrive, as he undoubtedly would.

Halestorm
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 07-21-2013, 04:58 PM

Liam soon arrived; he was getting really worried about Alvin and as soon as Ishmael had told him, he had gone.

Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 07-22-2013, 02:41 AM

Robin looked up. "Good afternoon, Liam." She rubbed her hands against her knees; it was an odd tick her background programming had picked up when she had unknown data built up. She noted that it was similar to the common stress-causer of anxiety. "She is, for the most part, healthy as an ox, but there has been a decline in her immune system and in addition to that, she has been finding it harder and harder to eat and sleep." She paused.

"I also cannot locate a cause of the problem despite all of my tests. I will be asking Star if I may test some of the healing serum before I seek out more desperate measures." She looked up at him. "However, she is in no immediate danger of expiration. In fact, I estimate she still has twenty, twenty-five years, thanks to my various programs and her own young age during a time of incredible medical changes."

Halestorm
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 07-22-2013, 08:59 AM

"Twenty years," echoed Liam. "That's how long I had with my last wife. She refused the gift, and then she died of consumption." He sat down and put his head in his hands.

Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 07-22-2013, 10:53 AM

Robin searched for her "Comfort" programming and found it inadequate for a vampire. She exhaled and lifted her head, putting a hand on Liam's shoulder. Hopefully he wouldn't tear her arm off. "Liam, you've been through some terrible things; whatever is wrong with Alvin won't affect her fully until she's much older. My prognoses are simply on the realistic side; people with various diseases can live much longer than their physicians prescribe and Alvin is no different."

She pulled her hand back after a moment. "However, on the subject of the choice I expect you will be offering, I have sufficient data to suggest she will likely take you up on it in a few years, at least, or when she is twenty-five at most. She doesn't want the ship to fall into the wrong hands; and she has mentioned to Ishmael that she wouldn't mind being on the sea for eternity."

Halestorm