Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

RPG Games All Roleplay and Role-play games. Create and play Fantasy and In-Out-Character RPs, "legend of" type and any other RP games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 08-25-2012, 10:11 AM

"She had to get it from either you or Kayte. Genetically speaking, high intelligence doesn't come from the grandparents - even if one grandparent is a mutant of some caliber as a result of genetic alteration." She spread her hands. "And let me ask one more question; when Erika was growing up, didn't you take care of her more often since Kayte was a field agent?"

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 08-25-2012, 10:22 AM

"Yeah, mostly," Infri replied. "But what has that got to do with it?"

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 08-25-2012, 10:29 AM

"Her own intelligence is the result of both nature, and nurture," she said. "If she'd been left in public schooling, she'd only be in high school at this point; she wouldn't be as advanced as she is now. Because you and Kayte took her out of public schooling and let her blossom at her own exponential rate, she was able to grow and become smarter and smarter - directly because you influenced it and because you are her father. In another universe, you're a da.mned scientist, Infri. I'm not sure of what it'd be, but with an IQ like this you'd be able to accomplish anything. You're not stupid, not by a long shot; you simply weren't in the right environment to let your smarts show. If you'd been raised by your mother, things probably would've been different for you."

But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 08-25-2012, 10:37 AM

Infri listened to all this, and gave a stubborn shrug. "Doesn't really matter now," he said. "Cuz I'm in this universe where I'm not a scientist or anything that matters. So it doesn't matter how smart I am."

Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 08-25-2012, 10:44 AM

"Of course it does. Maybe it's not the number, but the things you are smart about do matter. You knew how to get that crypt open. None of us were able to solve that."

Halestorm
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 08-25-2012, 10:57 AM

"That was easy, tho," Infri said. "It was just a puzzle, like I used to do all the time when I was looking after Erika. Nothing to it."

Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 08-25-2012, 11:09 AM

"But not everybody is capable of solving those," she pointed out.

Halestorm
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 08-25-2012, 11:23 AM

"They could be if they practiced."

Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 08-25-2012, 11:42 AM

She shook her head. "Your brain's capable of working out 3D puzzles. I can't even put together a kid puzzle with 30 2-D pieces, Infri."

Halestorm
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 08-25-2012, 11:51 AM

"So what? Being good at puzzles isn't going to get me anywhere in real life. I'm not even part of the League."