Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

RPG Games All Roleplay and Role-play games. Create and play Fantasy and In-Out-Character RPs, "legend of" type and any other RP games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 07-30-2012, 08:52 PM

Infri looked nervous; the room reminded him of a doctor's surgery.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 07-30-2012, 08:56 PM

"Relax, dude." She inspected the room. "I think this is a life support system or something." She pressed a few buttons on a panel that was covered in the glowing dust, and the case blinked before lighting up. A silhouette was visible in the pale lavender light. "... wait a second, you're telling me that someone is actually alive in that?" She wiped the dust off and tried to read the screen, but it was in a language she couldn't fathom. It wasn't German, French, Afrikaan - it wasn't any human language! "... dayum."

*later*

The life support tube... contraption had been brought back to the lab and Okeam was tinkering with the screen. So far, no option to open it had been found.

And yes, she tried physically looking for a handle. XD

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 07-30-2012, 09:03 PM

Infri had brushed off Okeam's genius comment; he figured that he wasn't a genius, cuz to him the puzzle was obvious.

Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 07-30-2012, 09:06 PM

"...mmfff." She looked over at Star. "So far all I've got is that it seems to be a female." Analyzing the dust had shown nothing but an extremely tiny crystal formation that seemed to be capable of growing and expanding.

But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 07-31-2012, 07:58 AM

"We'd better wait and see what happens before we attempt to open the capsule," Star said.

Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 07-31-2012, 05:02 PM

"But it's like a birthday present!"

"Hardly." S had been called in to see this contraption and was inspecting the screen next to Okeam. "I do recognize this to some degree but I haven't seen it since about the fifties."

Halestorm
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 07-31-2012, 06:54 PM

"What exactly is it, then?" Star asked.

Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 07-31-2012, 07:07 PM

"I hate to sound like something out of a b-movie, but to put it simply, an alien dialect." He pressed a few buttons and air seemed to rush out of the tank as the light turned off. "It was discovered in a transmission from space - in particular, the transmission of a dying cosmonaut. Our computers couldn't generate actual text, just symbols and images that we use now." He took a step back. "We've only seen one; a male with green skin and white hair. No eyes though, they'd been gouged out."

"What are they?"

"My colleague at the time Steiner called them Fluchstein."

"...stonecursed?" Okeam raised an eyebrow at him.

"They turn into statues when they die."

On that note, the capsule opened, and inside was a fairly tall woman a little taller than Star with very pale ivory skin and long, long hair the color of French Lilacs. A tiara of crystals seemed to sit on her head at first glance, but at a closer look Okeam freaked out - they were actually embedded in her skin flawlessly. She seemed to be immobile at first, but the capsule finally started reading her signs properly: She had brain waves, a heartbeat, and was breathing fine.

Halestorm
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 07-31-2012, 07:15 PM

"Very strange," Star said. "And very scientifically interesting."

Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 07-31-2012, 07:23 PM

"We're not sure where they came from. I believe she and her male companion were meant to be sort of an Adam and Eve, perhaps, or at least greeters; but "Adam" was found alone in the Amazon in the sixties with his eyes gone. He died not long after telling us that his companion had been lost in the atmosphere; that they had collided and her half of the pod had stuck to another's."

"The cosmonaut?"

"Potentially." S examined the rest of the casing. "The pod is from her planet in either case. The only thing Russian was the powersource keeping it running for so long."

"What about the dusty sh*t?"

"Some kind of virus actually, but only her kind are susceptible. It's some kind of symbiosis as far as we can tell, at least until the end of their life cycles."

Halestorm