Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

RPG Games All Roleplay and Role-play games. Create and play Fantasy and In-Out-Character RPs, "legend of" type and any other RP games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 09-04-2010, 11:01 AM

"Older doesn't necessarily mean wiser. Look at all the years I spent denying my own heritage."

Somewhat nervously, Aiden repeated to S everything that he knew of the guard that he'd already told the others. He also told S the guard's name; Scott Masters.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 09-04-2010, 11:12 AM

"Force of habit, way I was raised, I guess."

"... Scott." S shook Scott's shoulder gently. "Come on, kid, wake up."

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 09-04-2010, 11:13 AM

"Different to how I was raised, by miles," Liam replied.

Scott took a long time to come out of it, but eventually he groaned and tried to sit up.

Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 09-04-2010, 11:15 AM

Arik laughed. "Where I came from, the oldest in our tribe was the most respected. Even if they made some bad mistakes."

"Easy there, Scott. Relax. Aly, have somebody get tea for him. Or strong coffee." Alvin, though she clearly disliked being ordered around, went out into the hall to flag down a crewman.

But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 09-04-2010, 11:19 AM

"Hard to remember after all this time," Liam said. "I respected my father, cuz he'd drummed that into me from an early age. Any disrespect and I'd get the strap."

Scott sat up against the wall, his eyes wide. He knew where he was, now; in the enemy camp. After all that he'd been told by his bosses, it was unthinkable that they'd let him live.

By now, much to his relief, Aiden's eyes had gone back to normal and he no longer retained Scott's powers and memories.

Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 09-04-2010, 11:39 AM

"We never really had punishments for such things; I guess we believed in a sort of karmic balance thing. If you disrespected an elder, you'd get in trouble for it at a later date."

"We're not going to hurt you. The Malus really seems to have a thing for making us out to be the bad guys."

Halestorm
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 09-04-2010, 11:48 AM

"Used to be all physical punishment and threats of what would happen if you misbehaved when I was a kid," Liam said. "Either from the bible, or in the vein of 'If you don't behave, the sweep will get you'."

"Prove that you're not, then, and I might believe you," Scott said. "I don't really believe what they do is right, but they at least gave me a job when no-one else did."

Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 09-04-2010, 11:51 AM

"You're alive. And, I believe I've got a job proposition for you. Ah, coffee." S pulled a shot glass out of his pocket, poured some coffee into it before handing Scott the mug. "To prove that the coffee isn't poisoned, I'll drink some with you. Cheers." He drank it. XD "Really, I do believe I'm going to start going around to every advanced human and offer them a job." He called Diclonius "evolved humans" and mutants "Advanced". XD "It'll keep them getting involved in the wrong business at least."

".. Sweep? I'm assuming that's like a belt."

Halestorm
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 09-04-2010, 12:03 PM

Scott took a sip of the coffee. "That would hardly work, seeing as it's human prejudice and that takes years to get rid of. Decades even."

"You'd assume wrong, then," Liam said. "The sweep, or chimney sweep, cleans chimneys. He uses small children to get up the narrow chimneys and people used to fear their children being kidnapped and used that way. Kind of like people today are frightened of pedophiles lurking behind every bush."

Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 09-04-2010, 12:05 PM

"New boogeyman for every century, I suppose." Arik still shuddered; he hated cramped spaces.

"Even so. If you know any who are looking for a job, give them my card." S paused. ".. I'll have to give you my card first but I'm out of those. Anyway, the business proposition. You clearly don't want to work for the Malus, but they were the only ones to hire you. Well, we'll hire you right back. Would you like to be a spy for us while you're there?"

Halestorm