Pirates of the Caribbean - Back to World's End [RP] - 03-01-2008, 09:54 AM
It's been years since Captain Jack Sparrow was brought back from Davy Jones' Locker, and longer still since Will Turner became the new Ferryman of the Dead. In fact, the year is 1811, and the East India Trading Company no longer holds its iron hand over the seas. Calypso, for a long while, destroyed many ships in her rage against said company, although many sailors say it's because she was in grief over losing her beloved Davy Jones.
However, the goddess of the sea has since calmed down considerably and is very docile to the immigration ships in the Atlantic; however, pirates and sailors get the worst brunt of it all. The years have passed, and the nine Pirate Lords have passed on as well, leaving behind their nine pieces of eight - which in all truth were just random pieces of junk because the first Court of the Bretren was a skint short. Whatever that means. Anyway, despite the fact Calypso was no longer bound to her human form, the pieces were used to represent captains of a particular ship or crew. And of course, some of these newer Pirate Lords had the chance to be on Captain Jack's crew and see just how odd he was.
While some stayed on the crew for awhile and others left after one voyage, eventually the Pirate Lords went off on their own altogether. Captain Jack and the Black Pearl disappeared into stories and folklore, and then there were only eight Pirate Lords; Jack never passed his piece of eight to a successor.
Well, till now Jack's been missing. He's reappeared and hasn't aged a day since his disappearance ten years ago; according to tales he's supposed to be in his seventies and yet he doesn't look older than thirty four. He's searching for the Pirate Lords, though largely against his will, and while he's having some trouble with looking, he's already found three of them. Let's see how things go.
1. This RP is for experienced RPers only. That means the following ONLY can join this RP; Miranda_, Sarah_K_O_M, TheHayleyDoll, Spirit_Queen, Singergirl509. No-one else. If your name does not appear on that list, do not spam in this RP asking to join or PM me doing the same.
2. No Mary Sues or Gary Stus. Or else I will hit you.
3. Abide by the rules laid out in the stickies.
4. I'm going to be nice and say I will allow some types of non-human characters, BUT NONE THAT ARE ENTIRELY INVINCIBLE. That would fall under Mary Sue/Gary Stu terrirtory. Also, no gods or goddesses; Calypso's the only one even mentioned in the movies. I'll allow demons, a few characters from Will Turner's crew, but that's it.
5. Jack will explain what's going on and why he's come back. Also, I don't want anyone coming up with a main plotline and using it; I've got a set main plot and if I see any users randomly coming up with a plottwist like 'Will Turner's dead!!!!!' or something, you're out of the RP because one, Will Turner's already dead in a sense and two, that's just plain idiotic. Also, I don't want some kind of interstellar war between demons and humans breaking out; it's happened on three other boards I've posted an RP like this on and it drives me up the wall whenever a user does that. Sure, demons and humans will have their differences, but my god, there's no set ruler for the demons so there's no point in attempting to assassinate a ruler of them. Cause there's none.
6. There is a Pirate King; they select one every meeting with voting. Unfortunately, each pirate lord/regular pirate only votes for themselves. However, last time there was a vote Elizabeth Swann - Turner, really - was voted for by herself and Jack Sparrow, so she's still technically King. Or queen.
Nickname: (if any)
Relation to Jack Sparrow: (voyage wise, how long they were on the ship)
Race: Human or Demon
Reason for being a pirate:
My main character:
Name: Elizabeth, not the one from the movies.
Nickname: Calcifer, due to her severe temper.
Relation to Jack Sparrow: Spent five years on the Black Pearl as a deckhand; she left because her father had died and left her his ship. Her father was the French Pirate Lord, and she still keeps the spare Queen in her sleeves. Yes, she cheats at cards.
Race: Human, has some vestige of demon blood due to ancestors on her mother's side.
Appearance: Brown hair down to her rear; however, she's planning on cutting it short soon as it's been giving her headaches constantly. Because she's been hiding in Port Royal for the past six years, she wears mainly dresses but refuses to wear corsets, finding them difficult to breathe in. Her eyes are a dark gray.
Short Bio: Calcifer spent her childhood listening to her father's stories of being a pirate; when she was eleven she stowed away on Captain Jack Sparrow's ship in the guise of a boy to learn how to be a real pirate. Needless to say, she was surprised when she learned it wasn't at all like her father had told her; there weren't many glories to be had, but the crew was like family. When she was sixteen, her father died and she was given his piece of eight, and she left the crew; she honestly misses the ship, she'd grown to love the sea. About half a year after she came to Port Royal, a one year old child was left on her porch, a note tucked into her basket that said to keep the East India Trading Company away from the girl, whose name was (according to the note) Shayla. The girl was blind, but Calcifer adopted her and raised her like her own parents raised her, with stories of the sea.
Reason for being a pirate: It's simply in her blood; both her parents loved the sea, and so does she.
I'm also using Jack Sparrow.
Jack: CAPTAIN Jack Sparrow, thank you, lass.
It was a lovely spring day in Port Royal. The sun was shining, there were a few clouds in the sky that gave off a peaceful aura of sorts, and there was a pleasant breeze blowing through the air. Ever since Cutler Beckett died, the guards became lacking in their duties, and pirates were again free to roam. Mind, they were a little more discreet about their activities, but it was obvious who was a pirate and who wasn't. Well, usually.
Calcifer was walking through the streets, heading home from the marketplace, and she laughed a little as a seven year old girl tugged on the back of her skirts. "Mama, when's Sparrow gonna be here? You promised!"
"He'll probably show up sooner or later, you know how he is. Running around here, there, up and down, left and right, always with a bottle of rum." The woman picked the girl up - the girl was small for her age - and tapped the child's nose. "You be a good girl and maybe he'll tell you stories about his adventures."
"I wanna know what the Locker was like! Was it blank?"
"I don't know, sweetie, I've never been there, but he told me last time I saw him that it was very boring, very hot, and very, very quiet." The woman looked over at the docks after walking up a staircase; there weren't many ships in the port. "He'll get here soon. I hope." She brightened up. "Maybe if we ask we can go with him when he leaves port; the sea is a beautiful place."
"But Mama, I can't see anything. How am I gonna know if it's pretty?"
"You'll know it when you feel the spray of the ocean in your face, silly one. You don't have to be able to see the ocean to appreciate it; it's a powerful thing and takes the lives of many of the sailors, but all the same it's peaceful and tranquil when Calypso wants it to be. She may be as untameable as the sea, but she and Jack go way back. She won't attack the Pearl." Calcifer walked down a different staircase and started walking to a pub; she'd nearly forgotten to go buy rum in case Jack finally showed up.
I KNOW THE PIECES FIT, CAUSE I WATCHED THEM FALL AWAY, MILDEWED AND SMOLDERING.
FUNDAMENTAL DIFFERING, PURE INTENTION JUXTAPOSED WILL SET TWO LOVERS' SOULS IN MOTION.
DISINTEGRATING AS IT GOES, TESTING OUR COMMNICATION.
THE LIGHT THAT FUELED OUR FIRE THEN HAS BURNED A HOLE BETWEEN US SO WE CANNOT SEE TO REACH AN END...
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Pirates: Twins Lost At Sea >RPG<||TheHayleyDoll||RPG Games||4429||03-08-2008 03:35 PM|
|(RP) World's Next Top Model||TheHayleyDoll||RPG Games||584||07-25-2007 11:16 AM|
|~*RP*~Pirates of the Carribean: The Moon Maiden||Silent_Wolf||RPG Games||767||08-23-2006 05:29 PM|