Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

RPG Games All Roleplay and Role-play games. Create and play Fantasy and In-Out-Character RPs, "legend of" type and any other RP games.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default That's so 70's [RP] - 11-13-2007, 09:53 PM

I was just going to open this on my own site, but since I'm considering deleting my forum anyway (the server of the forum had one annoying setup) I decided to post it here, providing it fills all the rules which I believe it does.

TECHNICALLY, the 70's was the "disco" era, but since most people think of the 70's as the "hippy" era (which it was early on but ended before '72), we're going with that.

Plot:
It's Los Angeles U.S.A, 1971... Love and peace are in the air. You're a local protester who says, "eff education, man" and are now living out in a small park where you and all your hippy friends have set up your "pads" (which are mostly the back of Volkswagen Vans). You live among a few hippy legends, Flora McLove and Rainbow Shimmer being two of the more popular.

What are you protesting? War? Violence? Well, those, plus one more thing... Alien Invaders. It may sound stupid to the usual 21st century person, but back in the 70's, hippies were ecstatic with the thought that they could be visited by creatures from other galaxies and solar systems far off. There were a few sighting and such.

You, and the rest of the hippies, believe that the government has control of these unidentified alien things and want them to give up the "411" pronto. Do they exist? Are they harmless? Are they a threat to all humanity? Who knows? One things for sure though, everyone wants the government to "spill the beans".

This starts out in the middle of a talk by Rainbow, who has climbed up onto her van and is speaking from there with a pink microphone. It's pretty much the same old crap, "Peace! Love! Drugs!" All that normality. Some of the hippies are into the whole talk. Others... *yawn* How will you play it out? Will you be a loyal protester? Someone who's only there for the sex and drugs? Or someone who doesn't really care, but their friend went and they thought it would be cool to go their with them?

Character Form:

"Hippy" Name (ie, Sunshine, Daisy...):
Age (15-25):
Appearance:
Reason you are there (protester, protester's friend...):
Thoughts on Aliens:
Personality (Flaws and all):
Bio/Other:

Rules (some are repeated from RPG rules because they are more enforced):

1) Advanced RPers only - PM me if unsure.
2) No Mary Sues/Gary Stus
3) No joining after 50 pages - this p*sses me off most.
4) This may contain violence, swearing, drugs, sex, etc. If you are not okay with that, then GRR. (It's PG-13: Maybe higher)
5) No godmodding
6) No spamming.

My Character(s):

"Hippy" Name (ie, Sunshine, Daisy...): "Lily" (Like her first name)
Age (15-25): 17
Appearance: ... Dolling ... Blonde, pink streaked hair. Blue eyes and fair-medium skin. Average/curvy figure, and wears a lot of accessories. Can be described as pretty, but is one of those girls guys just don't have a chance with.
Reason you are there (protester, protester's friend...): Protester.
Thoughts on Aliens: "Let's give peace a try... Then threaten to kill the president if our questions are not answered!"
Personality (Flaws and all): Headstrong. Determined protester - sometimes too much so. She is incredibly loyal and faithful. Tries not to lie... often.
Bio/Other: Mother and Father were Catholic, "white collar", hardworking people and extremely disappointed in their daughter's decision to go along with the hippies. Has no siblings, but a lot of friends (mainly protesters).

"Hippy" Name (ie, Sunshine, Daisy...): Rainbow Shimmer
Age (15-25): 23
Appearance: Dark skinned with black hair and blue eyes which are said to "shimmer" in the moonlight. Thin, yet not bony.
Reason you are there (protester, protester's friend...): Speaker
Thoughts on Aliens: "Some time on the beach is all they need... They can't be that evil."
Personality (Flaws and all): Too trusting to the point that she is naive. Happy-go-lucky, and always smiling.
Bio/Other: A famous motivational speaker. She's not really into the whole "love" part, but she tries to be. She's a virgin - especially in comparison to her co-worker, Flora.

"Hippy" Name (ie, Sunshine, Daisy...): Flora McLove
Age (15-25): 22
Appearance: Blonde, curvy, and green eyed. Very fair skinned.
Reason you are there (protester, protester's friend...): Motivator
Thoughts on Aliens: "... Peace?" *clueless look*
Personality (Flaws and all): Stupid - clearly. Is mainly just there to cheer up the guys if they don't have enough money for drugs and to say, "Peace, my fellow hippies!"
Bio/Other: Apparently her mom dropped her on her head when she was two...

Opener:

"Woo! Go Rainbow! Right on! You rock, girl!" Lily could be heard screaming from the front row. Rainbow, though not a close friend of Lily's, had talked to her just a while before. Lily was a huge fan and thought Rainbow was an excellent speaker and much better then Flora; who is rumored to sleep with guys before shows to get 'pepped up'. Not that Lily cared, she wasn't in to any of the guys around her. Not yet, at least. She doubted she would ever be. She aspired to be like Rainbow - even if that meant saving herself for a while.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
LadyBast0911 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: Not Rated
Default 11-13-2007, 10:50 PM

"Hippy" Name (ie, Sunshine, Daisy...): Skylar
Age (15-25): 18
Appearance: I'll post one later
Reason you are there (protester, protester's friend...): protester's friend
Thoughts on Aliens: "Government obviously must have some reason not to give us all the info...We should respect that."
Personality (Flaws and all): She's intelligent. Sometimes too intelligent and thinks she is better than everyone else. Isn't too crazy about guys, but if they can make her laugh, she MIGHT give them a chance
Bio/Other: Her parents: A lawyer and docter. They hate that she's there but support her decision. She has a younger sister who lives in Florida with her grandparents. They are very disappointed in Brittney and wanted to get Laura out of there ASAP. Brittney care less and nothing bothers about her family.

Sky sat on the sidelines, bored. She had a book in her hand and was reading off and on. She sighed and watched everyone get pumped.

Being single doesn't make you weak, it means that you are strong enough to be on your own; Being alone could be a good thing, because there is no drama involved in your life, no pain, and free to do what ever you want. Life is too short to be chasing those who aren't even worth fighting for, you are worth more than that.
<3
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 11-14-2007, 06:14 AM

Lily shot Sky a small glance, "Hello? Why are you reading, man? You're ruining my vibe."
(#4 (permalink))
Old
LadyBast0911 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Default 11-14-2007, 06:18 AM

"First, I'm a WOman. Second, because all the stuff she's saying is bs."

Being single doesn't make you weak, it means that you are strong enough to be on your own; Being alone could be a good thing, because there is no drama involved in your life, no pain, and free to do what ever you want. Life is too short to be chasing those who aren't even worth fighting for, you are worth more than that.
<3
(#5 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 11-14-2007, 06:21 AM

Lily gasped, "It is NOT! Plus, I know you're not a boy, but what kind of person says WOman? Geez. Someone forgot to take her chill pill this mornin'. We're hippies! We don't... Read..."
(#6 (permalink))
Old
LadyBast0911 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Default 11-14-2007, 06:29 AM

"Technically, I'm just a hippie's friend. And yes, it is. There must be some good reason that the Government isn't telling us everything. In fact, there may be no alien's at all."

<3
(#7 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 11-14-2007, 06:33 AM

"That's your opinion. I think Rainbow and... Flora... are onto something here. Not that Flora knows anything..." Lily sighed. "Anyway, I have better things to do then speak with someone as uncool as you."
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 11-14-2007, 06:37 AM

Ooc: This shall go in The Past/Spirits, filling that category. ^^ Oh, and I want to join. XD

"Hippy" Name (ie, Sunshine, Daisy...): Phoenix
Age (15-25): 19
Appearance: Long dyed black hair, with red streaks, blue eyes. Average height, phoenix tattoo on right shoulder. Fairly good looking, and boy, does he know it!
Reason you are there (protester, protester's friend...): To check out the girls and get high
Thoughts on Aliens: Thinks they're "cool".
Personality (Flaws and all): Relaxed and laid back. Intelligent, but doesn't look it. Very lazy, thinks he's god's gift sometimes, can be rude and annoying
Bio/Other: Parents have pretty much washed their hands of their son; they wanted him to follow in their footsteps and become teachers, so when he got into the scene, they at first nagged him about it, but now have just left him to get on with it.

Phoenix sat among the other hippies. He wasn't really paying attention to the speech as such, more eyeing up the speaker. His attention was caught by the two girls arguing.

(#9 (permalink))
Old
LadyBast0911 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Default 11-14-2007, 06:41 AM

"Hah! Uncool. The only uncool here is the stupid alien concept. And anyways, I have better things to do than argue with an unintelligent girl like you."

<3
(#10 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 11-14-2007, 06:43 AM

Phoenix grinned. "This is more like it; girls fighting. How about taking some clothes off and getting down in the mud?"

Closed Thread