Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

RPG Games All Roleplay and Role-play games. Create and play Fantasy and In-Out-Character RPs, "legend of" type and any other RP games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 07-04-2012, 09:27 AM

Freya wanted to slap Loki as well, so the feeling was mutual. xD She went outside and had a cigarette - something she hadn't done in a long while.

"Come in," Sky yelled from inside, putting the book she was reading, A Short History of Nearly Everything, back on her bookshelf.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 4 Votes / 4.75 Average
Default 07-04-2012, 09:30 AM

Osiris had walked in and overheard the end of that argument. "What's wrong?" he asked. Since coming to the modern times, Osiris had mellowed out into a very kind sort of man.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 07-04-2012, 09:31 AM

Loki entered the room. "I think you can probably guess what this is about," he began, "And don't start by having a go or anything. You were rude to Shaun and tho I can certainly understand the feeling, I'd like you to at least be civil to him while we're living in his house. You don't have to marry him, just not backtalk him.

"Anyway, it won't be forever; I want us to eventually have our own house but houses cost money, especially the kind of house that I want to live in. Do you think you could apologise to Shaun, just to keep the peace?"

Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 07-04-2012, 09:44 AM

Freya looked at Osiris and sighed. "It's a long story that starts with my ex-husband being around and Loki lecturing my teenage daughter about being a brat - aka, a teenage girl. If you don't have the time to listen, I understand."

"I understand, but Dad, he and Serena were talking about mum and I just felt like I had to say something, and then when I told him to not say things about my mother, he snapped back at me and said that he'll say whatever he wants to say and..." Sky took a breath and continued, "I dunno, I guess I just got angry, and I'm sick and tired of people expecting me to just sit by and be quiet about everything going on around me like I'm some sort of ghost. I'm not a ghost. I can be tough too and I will protect those who cannot speak for themselves.

"But I will apologise, because I know I shouldn't act that way. Even though I'm a kid, I'll be the bigger person."
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 07-04-2012, 09:47 AM

Loki couldn't help it; he smiled. The irony was just so funny.

Hastily, in case his daughter thought he was laughing at her, Loki said, "That's probably how Shaun feels. He probably thinks that he's sick of being a doormat and wants to be more assertive, only he's going about it in the wrong way, just like you did. I bet that if you apologise to him, he will as well."

Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 07-04-2012, 09:55 AM

"I have time; I'm inbetween roles right now," Osiris told her. He was working as an actor, though he hadn't landed any big roles yet.

Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 07-04-2012, 10:10 AM

"Ok. I'll talk to him." Sky nodded. She paused and asked, "Why were you and mum arguing? I could hear it from up here since I'm sitting in silence, but I couldn't make out most of the words."

Freya took a deep breath. "Well, Shaun found out Svana's and Sky's dance teacher is Loki's ex-wife, Sigyn, and that she is in a relationship with my ex-husband, Od, now. He also told us that our daughter, Sky, was rude to him, but I'll get to that later. So, Loki and I went to pick the girls up from the dance studio and I tried to be nice to Sigyn, but I guess it came off as fake so we got into an argument and she called me a cheat and said I must have never loved Od because I treated him poorly - which p*ssed me off, because I really did love him I just had problems changing my ways to suit married life.

Anyway, so we came back and Loki decided he was going to talk to Sky about being rude to Shaun and I told him to go easy on her because she's probably just being a rebellious teenager and that she could be doing much worse than having a 'bad attitude', but Loki didn't see it that way and I told him that if he kicks Sky out, I'm going with her. He said 'you and Sky can become trailer trash for all I care, I'm not giving you any money', or something along those lines, and then something about Sky becoming a prostitute if he doesn't lecture her, and then I told him Od would have been a better father and he said that if I really think that, then I should f*ck off and be with him, and he said that Od wouldn't take me back no matter what."

Freya took another breath, "I suppose that's the gist of it..."
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 07-04-2012, 10:22 AM

Loki sighed heavily. "Basically," he said, "Your mother wanted me to just ignore the fact that you were rude to Shaun and I disagreed. I don't agree with being a soft touch when kids are concerned, but Freya doesn't seem to understand that. I mean, I had a lot of trouble with Jai when he was younger; you can imagine, right? But cuz I didn't back down, he's come out alright. I lost my temper cuz she said that Od was a better father than I was."

Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 07-04-2012, 10:31 AM

"To be honest, it sounds like a misunderstanding that quite literally exploded," Osiris said thoughtfully. "The both of you have tempers and a different approach to your daughter. He likely didn't mean what he said. I think, personally, you should work out a way o mix you methods; be firm and confront her when she's done wrong, but still be understanding of her.

Anubis used to snark a lot when he was a teen. I told him that, even of he was right and they were wrong, he had no business talking like that to an adult. I said a lot more, obviously, but to sum it up I told him that he could keep the snark to himself. You can correct someone when they're wrong without having the attitude problem.

He seemed to take with that, and he mostly stopped with the comments."

Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 07-04-2012, 10:46 AM

"I'm sure she didn't mean it like that exactly though. You and her are both so different, maybe she meant that her parenting style is more similar to his, which she sees as being better, and she just didn't say it with that many words. I don't like it when you two fight. I care about you both." Sky hugged her dad, "Just try to understand where mum's coming from too."

"Even if I tried to mix my method with Loki's, I doubt Loki would be ok with it. You didn't see how stubborn he was. I just told him to tread lightly. I didn't tell him not to talk to her about it, just to treat her as an adult, with some respect, because she's almost 17. I don't want to end up pushing her away. I think he was only saying some of the things he said though because he was getting angry. I'm sure he's not being nearly as harsh as I worried he might. Sky's a good girl, all things considered, and probably never intended to fight her father but..." Freya sighed, "I'm mainly upset over what he said about kicking her out and being ok with me leaving too and what he said about Od... I'm upset about what I said about Od... I shouldn't have told him Od was a better father. He just hurt me with what he said and I said the first thing that came to mind... Relationships really don't come natural to me." She frowned.