Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards

Cartoon Dolls Community - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/)
-   RPG Games (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/rpg-games/)
-   -   [RP - yes, another one!] Mutation: The X Factor (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/rpg-games/10445-rp-yes-another-one-mutation-x-factor.html)

Miranda_ 06-11-2006 07:20 PM

[RP - yes, another one!] Mutation: The X Factor

Ooc: Just come back from watching X-men 3 and it gave me an idea for yet another RP!)

This RP is set at the beginning of the era where the new species of human being, ie mutants, started to evolve. This is way before the X-men even existed; however, there are still factions of both humans and mutants even now.

If you're a human, you can be in one of 2 groups; the Friends Of Humanity (FOH) or Unity. The FOH are against mutants; they believe mutation is a disease that needs to be eradicated. They want all mutants either destroyed or caged. Unity wish for peace between mutants and humans.

If you're a mutant, you have just developed your power, at the age of 15 and have to face the prejudice and hatred directed at you from the FOH and others, who believe the propoganda that the FOH sends out. You may be idealistic and believe in what Unity preach... or bitter and out for revenge against all humans... or somewhere in the middle.

"You're not my daughter any more!" The hateful words still echoed round Anastasia Ashwin's head as she curled up in the alleyway, sobbing into her hands. She had black hair streaked with red which fell over her face, obscuring it. She appeared to be wearing a leather cloak.

"Are you alright?" Anastasia looked up, seeing a man looking at her in a concerned way... which immediately changed to shock and horror at the sight of her. Anastasia's face was normal, but for her eyes which had red irises and slit pupils like those of a cat. "You're a mutant!"

Driven by the misery caused by having to leave the place she'd called home, Anastasia stood up. What had looked like a leather cloak spread out, revealing it to be in fact leathery wings like those of the mythical dragon. Crimson fire crackled around her hands as her eyes glowed. The man gasped with terror and ran. Her anger spent, Anastasia sat back down again, wrapping her wings around her.

Silent_Wolf 06-11-2006 07:29 PM

Ooc: How was the movie? ^_^

Nearby, in a park, a young man hid behind a large maple tree, his sun-yellow, wolf-like eyes wide with fear. He was trembling, and his nails were like claws. The hand that rested on the tree was digging into the outer bark, then the inner part, then the thin layer of cells, then the very wooden core. His other hand was clenched tightly into a fist that bled a little from his over-sharp nails' cresent-shaped cuts.

He sat down against the tree, staring at his black-and-blue Etnies shoes, and shut his strange eyes, digging his hands into his dark blond hair, gritting his teeth. His canines were unusually sharp.

That morning's fight echoed in his mind.

His father had thrown him into his room, as usual, but what wasn't usual was that he had locked him in so he couldn't go to school. His mother could be heard yelling, before a loud thud resounded from the downstairs.. well, stair. His throat tightened; what had his father done now?

He had grabbed the doorknob and had pulled at it with all his might, eventually tearing it out completely, and he had looked down the stairs - and he had screamed.

His father had tackled his mother, who had been yelling at him for calling something called the... the Fossa? He hadn't paid attention. All that he could see was his parents' dead bodies, their necks twisted oddly from how they'd fallen.

He swallowed, and hit the back of his head on the tree. So much for me being Tidus Richandro...

Miranda_ 06-11-2006 07:40 PM

Lucas Marks sat on a kerb, not far away from either Anastasia or Tidus, his hands clenched into fists. He could still remember what had happened just 2 months ago...

His brother at the window of the burning house. He couldn't get out, and the firemen couldn't save him from burning to death. His parents downstairs, restrained by the firemen from running into the house. Lucas had been away from the house for a while; he'd been kept back at school and had returned to see the house on fire and his older brother, who he idolized, in mortal danger.

He did the only thing he could; he changed shape, taking the shape of a bird and had flown up to the window. He then took the shape of an angel, holding his brother tightly before flying down to the ground. But his parents, instead of being grateful for him for rescuing his brother, had turned on him in fear and anger, cuz he had revealed himself as a mutant. His brother had done likewise.

Filled with anger and misery, Lucas had changed into a chimera, destroying the house and his parents with it. Only his brother he spared; due to the lingering respect that still lurked within him for his older brother.

Now, he lived on the streets and on his wits, using his mutant power as a shapeshifter to survive. He was eaten up with bitterness and hatred for mankind.

Silent_Wolf 06-12-2006 07:05 AM

Tidus sneezed, his sunglasses slipping down his nose a little, and he sighed, taking his sunglasses off and closing his eyes. The first day that he'd started developing mutant charcteristics was only a month before. It had been a week before that his father had killed himself and his mother.

He put his sunglasses back on, tapping the left lense out of habit, and looked around the park. It was quiet, no one around.

He hated quiet.

Miranda_ 06-12-2006 07:13 AM

Anastasia soon finished her compulsive sobbing; she got up from where she sat and crept silently from her hiding place. No-one was around to see her as she walked into the park, head bowed and body hunched in a pitiful effort to hide herself.

She'd first started to grow the wings a few weeks before; at first they'd been small and she'd been able to hide them from her parents and sisters, but eventually they'd grown too big to hide. The final straw for her parents was her eyes changing colour; they'd told her in no uncertain terms to leave the house.

Silent_Wolf 06-12-2006 07:16 AM

Tidus still sat against the tree, but on the other side. His mottled brown clothes made him blend in with the bark a little, so he was a bit hard to see.

When Anastasia walked through, he looked up, and said, "Miss, do you know the way to the library? I have to return a book." He waved it; it was a Terry Brooks book.

Miranda_ 06-12-2006 07:23 AM

Anastasia looked up, a look of suspicious terror crossing her face. She relaxed when she saw that it was another mutant addressing her. "I don't know," she replied. "I haven't been here very long." Her eyes filled with ready tears.

Silent_Wolf 06-12-2006 07:24 AM

He stood up. "What's wrong? Oh, it's my claws, aren't they?" He hid his hands behind his back. "Oh, everyone thinks I'm a freak with these things..." He looked up again. "Your eyes are cool."

Miranda_ 06-12-2006 07:26 AM

"Wish my family thought so. It was that and my wings that they didn't like. They made me leave."

Silent_Wolf 06-12-2006 07:28 AM

"My father was going to call someone called the Fo... Fossa? Foos?" He scratched his head. "It was something with an *****. He was going to call some organization or something, but my mom tried to stop him, but he tackled her and..." He swallowed.