Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards

Cartoon Dolls Community - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/)
-   RPG Games (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/rpg-games/)
-   -   The Village Ritual {RP} (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/rpg-games/10222-village-ritual-rp.html)

Sarah_K_O_M 04-21-2006 04:15 PM

The Village Ritual {RP}

Oh, yes, folks. Another one. :lol: This came to me last night when I was pking around an old Pound Puppies thing I found when I cleaned my room yesterday. :lol:

----------

The party of campers passed the torch around to the girl sitting at the head of the tent, back to the door. She held it under her face, grinning in a fiendishly macabre fashion.

“This is a story of a village. One that existed right within this very forest. See, years ago, but not many, the main town received news of the village, apparently, everyone had gone crazy… and disappeared.
Apparently, it had to do with an old Ritual. No one is sure what the Ritual was, but it had something to do with having hair plucked out, ropes, your limbs, and severing of them.” She grinned wickedly, “It was to stop a great Atonement from occurring, and catching the village, holding it in a never-ending night. A Maiden was picked, withdrawn from the world of men to keep her virtue intact. And, she was helped to love everything so much that she would never want to die. Because if she wanted to die, then the Ritual would fail. But fail it did, and now they say that everyone in the forest is killed by this curse.”

The girl grinned fiendishly once more-

-And was pulling backwards out of the tent. Screaming in terror. Blood spattered the canvas.

But that was years ago, they’re long dead now. The curse got them; Chaos reached out and snared them.

Before it caught them, it made them dream, dream of the village and the Failed Maiden that eternally weeps there.

-----
Rules:
Characters can be psychic, however, they cannot be Elves or anything like that. Can be Genetic experiments, Witches or Vampires though. Becuase Elves have pointy ears.
They must be around 16 years old, give or take a year.

And now, I’ll begin the Role Play.
-----

16 year old Holly Rose Fern Emerald was currently… asleep. Nothing too unusual about that, you might think, but her dream wasn’t exactly normal…

She walked through the moonlit village, for some reason wearing a long white dress that reached her ankles; her pale red hair was down to slightly beyond her slender waist. Her feet were bare, but were not hurt by the stone beneath them.

Holly gazed around quizzically, unsure of what was happening. Her bright green eyes looked about, searching for the source of the frail crying that echoed through the village.

There, that where it was coming from. A staircase, hewn into the stone in front of her. She walked towards it, her feet making pit pat noises on the ground. The crying was loud, but sounded so far away… She shivered, not with cold but slight fear.

She walked down the steps gazing about her in trepidation. Torches flickered in brackets set high in the walls. The sound grew nearer, and was joined by another, a sound of dripping. A woman rounded the corner ahead…

Holly gasped. The woman resembled her greatly, but with eyes a more muted colour, the hair had a darker tint to it and the skin was ghostly pale. The woman raised her head, looking at Holly. Another sob escaped the woman’s lips as the ghost reached out to Holly.

Blood trickled down the ghostly face as she did so, and from her thighs and shoulders also. Deep, red rope burns appeared on her ankles and wrists. And then, her hair began to fall away from her scalp, held together by clots of blood.

With a slight scream of terror, Holly turned around and ran. The ground that had been so gentle to her feet before was now wickedly evil, tearing at them viciously. She collapsed, still trying to edge away from the fiendish ghoul that drew closer, and closer, closer, closer…

With a start, she woke up, and fell out of bed, breathing heavily.

In the bed next to her Ivy turned over, “Aw, geez, WTF is wrong with you now?”

“J-just a bad dream, that’s all,” Holly whispered back shakily, climbing into bed again.

Holly Emerald was not a particularly strange girl, so dreams like that were rather new to her. Ivy however put anything strange down to the fact that their parents had died when they were young.

Ever since then, the two girls had been passed around to anyone that’d have them. They spent the school years living at a covenant but the holidays were a problem. Currently, they were staying for two weeks with a new family that had apparently known their mum and dad before the accident. Van something’s or other.
Holly hadn’t bothered to find out, it was rarely worth the bother anymore.

Miranda_ 04-21-2006 04:47 PM

Cyrus Van Helsing wasn't sleeping either. But then, he often was awake during the night, as that was his natural state as opposed to the day. He usually went hunting for human prey after the sun went down. Cyrus was a vampire. Right now however, he wasn't hunting; he was in fact lying in his bed and wondering about the sisters who were staying with his family...

Sarah_K_O_M 04-21-2006 04:54 PM

"Ivy, how long do you think we'll be made move around like this?" Holly asked sleepily, looking under her bed for her pillow. Due to the fact that she had a secret stash of rock albums beneath it, it was tough. :lol:

"Oh, yeeesh, I dunno. Couple more years, until we're eighteen, I guess. And then we'll get jobs and a flat..."

"And in my case, twenty flipping cats or so."

Miranda_ 04-21-2006 04:56 PM

Cy had hardly spoken to the girls, due to his crippling lack of confidence, but his sister seemed to get on with them.

Sarah_K_O_M 04-21-2006 04:58 PM

Even so, Ivy was the only one that talked to anyone. Holly was practically mute.

Miranda_ 04-21-2006 05:02 PM

A lot like Cy, who often found himself unable to speak cuz of shyness... and then mentally cursed himself for making himself look like an idiot.

Sarah_K_O_M 04-21-2006 05:06 PM

Whereas Holly just couldn't get a word in edgeways with Ivy around.
Ivy just went ahead, talking happily, making friends from strangers in the blink of an eye, and Holly was left to stumble in the wake.

Miranda_ 04-21-2006 05:16 PM

It was almost inevitable that Holly and Cy would be drawn together.

Silent_Wolf 04-21-2006 05:17 PM

Ooc: Any chance that I could jump in here?

Sarah_K_O_M 04-21-2006 05:19 PM

Ooc: Not yet, but soon. >_<

:lol: Probably when they both had to take confidence classes.

Holly foudn her pillow, and then needed to find her headphones. She had left them in the hall, near Cy's room.