Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

#1  04-01-2012, 03:03 PM
Yeah, Westerfeld and Shusterman and Gaiman are where it's at. Have you read Extras?
#2  04-01-2012, 02:45 PM
Ah, yes! I've actually performed there, too....twice, I think. Well....it was the Daley Center Plaza, but that is right near McCormick...they also have a communication museum, which was pretty cool. I love Millennium Park. My youth group does a thing every winter and summer where we all take the Metra downtown, and Millennium Park is almost always a stop we make. In summer we go to the beach, and in winter, we go iceskating. Chicago is a beautiful city. I've been lucky enough to see Wicked at the Oriental Theater, The Color Purple, The Lion King, and Mary Poppins at the Caddilac Palace, and other performances at Drury Lane Water Tower....(Xanadu and 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee, I believe). Yeah. Even though I live out here, every time we go to Millennium Park, we always take pictures at the Bean; it's a necessity. The Art Institute is really cool, too, as is the Shedd Aquarium and the Museum of Science and Industry; the only ones I haven't ever been too are the Planetarium and the Field Museum, but I like the MSI because it has hands on exhibits; you get to do things like walk through a giant replica of the human heart or step inside a suspended airplane or go see the actual U-Boat, but the line for that thing is always really, really long.

I have friends who go to Loyola, so they know lots of interesting food places like gourmet cupcake shops and such. Plus, we have two zoos...Lincoln Park is free, but smells way worse, and Brookfield is expensive, but s larger and has better, cleaner exhibits in my opinion. It's kind of awesome having a city like Chicago for a backyard; you should definitely come back and explore more if you get the chance!
#3  04-01-2012, 02:31 PM
Nope..well at first I thought it was a mod warning because no one ever post on my profile...but other than that, you didn't scare me at all!

I actually live about 45 minutes to an hour away from the city; when I travel, I tell people I'm from Chicago so they know roughly where I am from. But people from the suburbs know that if anyone says they are from Chicago, they should ask which suburb they're REALLY from. Palatine is one of the NW suburbs; it's by Schaumburg and arlington Heights and Buffalo Grove...Naperville is around this area, too.

What was your clinic for?
#4  10-08-2011, 11:38 PM
I'm going to be trying to start a cooking series on Youtube ^^ I'll let you know when I finally get around to it.
#5  10-05-2011, 07:24 PM
Good, learning a lot about breads right now. ^^ Been in a culinary program for pastries and baked goods for over a year now; it's why I disappeared. >>; was without internet for awhile then got super busy.
#6  10-05-2011, 06:22 PM
Because I haven't been online in a long time?
#7  10-01-2011, 11:07 PM
*poke!!!* >_>
#8  08-11-2011, 01:01 AM
Hey, Happy Birthday! ^_^
I hope your years as a teen are awesome!
#9  08-10-2011, 07:40 PM
Well, half past midnight anyway. And yes; I'm miles and miles away from the riots, thank goodness.
#10  08-10-2011, 06:40 PM

© 2007 The Doll Palace