Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#21 (permalink))
Old
Orinocco_Flow (Offline)
Addict

Zodiac Sign: Aries
Rating: 5 Votes / 3.00 Average
Default 01-20-2008, 10:21 AM

I Used To Love Rap Music When I Was Younger. I Would Always Listen To It In The Car With My Father. Now That My Father Is In Prison For The Third Time I Don't Go Anywhere Near Rap Music. One Of The Reasons He Has Been In Prison So Much Is That He Did Not Have A Very Good Childhood And Another Reason Is That After Listening To Rap Music Since His Teen Years All The Way Into His Thirties He Began To Think The Actions Spoken Of In Rap Music Are Ok And They Aren't. But In The Letters My Father Writes Me He Tells Me How Sorry He His And Says He Won't Do What He Has Done In The Past Ever Again. Well Anyways That Is Why I Don't Go Near Rap Music Anymore, It Reminds Me Of The Troubled Past My Father Has Had And Makes Me Depressed.

*Happy New Year*
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#22 (permalink))
Old
XxX_LINA_LEMONZ_XxX (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Libra
Rating: 1 Votes / 3.00 Average
Default 02-24-2008, 08:52 PM

some rap songs r okay, but I can't stand most rap songs.

"Keep holding on
'Cause you know we'll make it through, we'll make it through
Just stay strong"

Dolls were made by me
don't remember who animated dem
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#23 (permalink))
Old
Elosine (Offline)
Silent

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 02-24-2008, 11:20 PM

Generally I hate rap. It's demeaning, sick, trite, ect......It's all been said, really. The only rap songs I can tolerate are a few by Eminem, and "The Sirius Black Rap" by Tony Goldmark. That one's genius. <3

Normally I listen alternative/rock/gothic, so.....yeah. And showtunes. Ha. I'm such a nerd. XD

"And though I'll think of you, I guess,
until the day I die,
I think I miss you less and less,
as every day goes by...."
-Sweeney Todd
(#24 (permalink))
Old
beware_toxic_baby_gurl (Offline)
Addict

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 1 Votes / 4.00 Average
Default 03-02-2008, 03:22 PM

I think it depends on the artist.I don't really like Eminem or 50cent.
(#25 (permalink))
Old
xXx_Nessa_xXx (Offline)
Silent

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: Not Rated
Default 03-23-2009, 10:48 AM

I love Rap music its totally one of my faves. Yea some songs are about drugs but many of them are speaking about their daily life struggle and how maybe where they grew up was difficult. They do degrade women but I listen to the aactual music rather than the lyrics.

wow not suprizing like almost every1 hates rap haha but whateve they can listen to their own music

Last edited by Silver_Wolf_Kitty : 03-23-2009 at 03:24 PM. Reason: nastiness
(#26 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 03-23-2009, 03:24 PM

Not surprising, someone who claims to listen to the "music" but not the lyrics. I hate to ask this, but what have you got inside your head? You are listening to the lyrics as well when you listen to these songs. If you want to listen to the beat, that can be easily found without the nasty lyrics, so why continue to support such an industry?

As for the degradation of women, do you realize what these rap artists do? They search out dancers, women who are down on their luck and hoping to become a video girl. These girls are oftentimes not paid and are demanded to perform sexual acts for the people involved in their video shoots. Sounds pretty disgusting to me, not to mention the fact that it turns women into mindless objects.

Rap has lost focus and needs to be gotten rid of at tis point in time because no one needs to hear about the "money, drugs, and hos" any longer.

Also, if you can't post without being nasty, don't post at all. I'm editting it, don't change it back.

Av & Sig Credit: Me
(#27 (permalink))
Old
DreamxCatcher (Offline)
Bonita

Default 03-23-2009, 06:06 PM

Honestly, I used to love rap. I grew up with it because my big brother always used to play it around the house. So I just went along with it. But when I got a little bit older to actually understand the lyrics, I did NOT like what I was hearing. After listening to a few songs, they were all about sex, drugs, alcohol, women, or clubbing. Not great songs for children to listen to...

I eventually got into more Rock and Alternative music. Mostly the songs are about love, tragedies, and stuff like that. And there are even some songs that have a happy tune to it! So I thought that, that type of music would be way better to listen to than a woman with a huge **** or something. I occasionally listen to some of the old ones because they actually have some meaning to them. But anything these days get blocked out of my ears. I make sure of it -.-

Last edited by DreamxCatcher : 03-23-2009 at 06:10 PM.
(#28 (permalink))
Old
Saphire_Mist (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 03-23-2009, 06:08 PM

Psh,it's okay,but I stay away from the ......inappropriate crap the put on. In general I just stay away. Yeah,my dad is against it.That's why I don't hear any.

Last edited by Saphire_Mist : 03-23-2009 at 06:10 PM.
(#29 (permalink))
Old
Macky (Offline)
Candybar

Default 03-23-2009, 06:29 PM

Rap is indeed not one of my favorite music genres, though I am able to enjoy some rap. I am also fond of rapcore. :B

(#30 (permalink))
Old
ponyboy (Offline)
Silent

Zodiac Sign: Aries
Default 03-28-2009, 10:21 PM

i like some hip-hop, but i hate rap. its crap

Avatar by saraSKELLINGTONsiggy made by Rameboe and jordanashley

Last edited by ponyboy : 04-05-2009 at 03:36 PM.