Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default Christmas Songs - 12-06-2012, 07:48 AM

Yep, it's that time of year again... the time they put the Christmas songs on, in every store and all over the place. O_o Which ones drive you mad, and which, if any, do you like?

Here are my least favourite:

I Wish It Could Be Christmas Every Day - No, I do not. -.- Everyone would be mega stressed and it would be hell.

I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus - The voice of the little girl who sings this just makes me want to throw up.

Mistletoe And Wine - Urgh. I hate anything by Cliff Richard anyway, but this song is about the worst ever.

About the only Christmas song that I like is Fairytale Of New York by the Pogues. XD

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
MsShino (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: Not Rated
Default 12-06-2012, 05:01 PM

Last Christmas - That is absolutely, hands down my LEAST favorite Christmas song of all time. Every time I hear it I just cringe. I mean it's just awful!

I really hate Jessica Simpson's remake of I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Clause, I think it sounds wh.ory.

I tend to like songs that sound more traditional. I really don't like hearing peppy annoying remakes of the older traditional songs. Andy Williams is/was my favorite singer of Christmas music. So sad he died. Oh and I really don't like when pop stars (or Disney stars) try and make up new Christmas songs. I just want to slap them and say "you do NOT have the musical chops to be making your own Christmas songs so just STOP!"

Okay yeah, I'm a little opinionated about this stuff. It happens when every year some Christmas music starts shortly after Halloween instead of waiting til Thanksgiving.

MsShino Says:
Color makes me happy!
Sig & AV by Lovie
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Elanorea (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Send a message via MSN to Elanorea Send a message via Skype™ to Elanorea
Default 12-08-2012, 11:31 PM

Well, the Jethro Tull Christmas album is always awesome. My particular favourites are First Snow on Brooklyn and Jack Frost and the Hooded Crow, and pretty much all the instrumental tracks.

Aside from that, I love Wizards in Winter for its sheer epicness. TSO has loads of Christmas songs, but that one is hands down the best IMO.

And from more traditional fare, I've always liked this one (though the performance could be better).

For a godless heathen, I'm pretty fond of Christmas music xD.

(#4 (permalink))
Old
MsShino (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: Not Rated
Default 12-10-2012, 02:35 AM

Oh another thing, if you ever have a chance to go see Trans-Siberian Orchestra you should. I got to go with my family a couple years ago, it was amazing!

MsShino Says:
Color makes me happy!
Sig & AV by Lovie
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Aussiemum777 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Candybar

Rating: 6 Votes / 4.83 Average
Default 12-10-2012, 07:20 PM

I have never heard a good christmas song unfortunatly, they are supposed to be uplifting but when I walk into a shop that plays that music it depresses me lol...

(#6 (permalink))
Old
Elanorea (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Send a message via MSN to Elanorea Send a message via Skype™ to Elanorea
Default 12-11-2012, 03:49 PM

I tend to actually like the more melancholy songs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsShino View Post
Oh another thing, if you ever have a chance to go see Trans-Siberian Orchestra you should. I got to go with my family a couple years ago, it was amazing!
I've heard they have awesome shows, don't think I'll ever get to see one though .

(#7 (permalink))
Old
belladoggy (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Default 12-11-2012, 05:09 PM

I will always love "The Christmas Song (Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire) sung by Nat "King" Cole. It's the definition of classic "Christmas song" in my head. The title probably helps lol. I also love Bing Crosby's "White Christmas". I'm a sucker for the crooners xD

I am NOT a fan of all the autotuned junk that populates most radio stations this time of year, though. I can tolerate the novelty songs for a spell, but not if they are played over and over ("I Want a Hippopatmus for Christmas", etc.)

I do enjoy the religous carols as well (What? I'm Catholic! xD), and my favorite is a mash-up of "We Three Kings" and "Ukrainian Bell Carol (Carol of the Bells)" called "The Bell Carol of the Kings". Here's a recording of some high school singing it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XY46C9Z5bY4 (not to be biased, but my church choir sound infinitely better, because they are back by the Northbrook brass Quintet, and also they are all adults )

I also love the arrangement of "Go Tell It On The Mountain" that my church choir sings.

Av/Sig set: Lovie
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 12-11-2012, 06:47 PM

I think the hippo song is funny, mostly cuz if the girl was actually given one for Christmas, it would probably kill her.