Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Catlover642 (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 11 Votes / 4.09 Average
Default Political Activism in Music - 07-26-2011, 11:29 PM

I would creeping through some old threads in the Music section one day and I noticed some comments about political activism in music, and I decided to make a thread about it.

I believe that political activism in music is extremely important as musicians truly have the platform to make the world a better place. While I do believe that political activism has sort of been put on the back burner for some musicians, I believe that there are some musicians who still incorporate activism of all kinds into their music. One of which is, yes, Lady Gaga. Yes, I am a little monster, but I am not just saying that because I am a Lady Gaga fan. Gaga wrote a song called 'Americano' for her new album 'Born This Way'. This song preaches about the immgration law and ga.y rights. However, what I find most remarkable is that Gaga has preformed at ga.y rights events, used her fame to help repeal Don't Ask Don't Tell and gave speeches at equality events. The activism doesn't just stop at the music.

Of course, Gaga is not the only artist to do this. Take for instance, The Beatles. 'Revolution', to me, is about not using hate and violence to protest. Neil Young wrote a song called 'Ohio' calling out the actions of the National Guard who killed the students. Green Day is also one of the many bands who have incorporated activism into their music.

Do you have a particular artist that you would like to mention? How do you feel about activism in music? Do you agree of disagree with it? Do you think activism has not been incorporated into music recently? What poltical song really speaks to you? Feel free to share your thoughts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!