Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default Amy Winehouse found dead - 07-23-2011, 06:53 PM

Troubled singer Amy Winehouse died yesterday of a suspected drug overdose at her London home.

The 27-year-old star, who had fought a long and well-publicised battle with drink and drug addiction, was pronounced dead after police were called to her £2.5 million three-storey home in North London.

Her untimely death follows a long list of musicians who have all died at the age of 27, known as the 27 Club. They include rock legends Jimi Hendrix, Jim Morrison, Janis Joplin, Kurt Cobain and Rolling Stone Brian Jones.

Amy was said to be devastated and ‘inconsolable’ after being dumped by her on-off boyfriend Reg Traviss, 34, just before she checked herself into The Priory rehabilitation clinic last month.
Traviss, who had previously turned down a marriage proposal from the star, was desperate to help Amy turn her life around, say friends, but when he realised she could not beat her demons he ended the relationship.

Last night Amy’s father Mitch - who had predicted she would die if she failed to quit drink and drugs - said he was devastated but has vowed ‘not to crack up for Amy’s sake’.

The cabbie-turned-singer was on a jazz tour in New York when he heard the news. He said: ‘I’m coming home. I have to be with Amy. I can’t crack up for her sake. My family need me.’

Amy had recently completed her third album but the release date was delayed by Island Records when she went into rehab.

She bought her five-bedroom Camden home in 2009 but only moved in this May after spending £200,000 installing a recording studio and gym.

As the investigation to establish the cause of her death began, three people were seen outside the house, which is in one of London’s most expensive streets. They were Mr Traviss, her bodyguard – known only as Neville – and former Big Brother contestant Aisleyne Horgan-Wallace, 32, a long time friend of the singer, who looked distraught.

A Scotland Yard spokesman said: ‘Inquiries continue into the circumstances of the death, which at this stage is being treated as unexplained. We do have people we’re speaking to but nobody has been arrested.’

A source said: ‘A number of people were helping police with their inquiries but we are still trying to establish who was with her when she died. It’s fair to say these people are central to police enquiries in piecing together what happened before she died.’

Another police source said that the death was being treated as ‘drink and drugs-related’. A post-mortem is expected to be carried out tomorrow.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Deidra (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Rating: Not Rated
Default 07-23-2011, 07:22 PM

Terribly sad news.. "She had it coming..." "Maybe she should've went to rehab. hahaha" I've literally had to take a break from facebook and twitter due to comments like that today. Just because someone had a hand in their own demise doesn't mean you can't show sympathy.

av credit: moonshinegrafix @LJ
**Formerly worldgirl**
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Catlover642 (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 11 Votes / 4.09 Average
Default 07-23-2011, 07:28 PM

I'm curious to see what the cause of death is going to be. I'm suspecting its related to drinking or drugs but it would be interesting if anything else came into play.

I'm wondering if her death will be treated similarly to Michael Jackson's death, are they going to release her third album? Of course, her death hasn't had the massive outpour of emotion that Michael's did, but they could try to make money off of it.

(#4 (permalink))
Old
lil41801 (Offline)
Bonita

Zodiac Sign: Aries
Rating: Not Rated
Arrow Well, - 07-23-2011, 11:22 PM

well, she was always high and her directors had to pull her off stage she Had a great voice but someday this 27 year old was going to plots
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 07-24-2011, 12:17 AM

I'm not shocked after her last rehab stint, which was only 4 days or so before racing off to tour. She was a total mess on that "tour" and for those who don't know, it was cancelled after the first show because she was so wasted she couldn't even sing. One of her back up singers sang for her, which has happened in the past, and it was a pretty awful situation because she performed in a country where the prices for her show were more than an average worker's monthly pay. Pretty rough.

Sidetracked, its sad she's gone since she had so much talent, but got so deep into the drugs that the record company might as well have been managing her like a puppet. Its too bad she didn't get that help when she had it only a short time ago, it may have prevented this untimely death. Personally, I'll be shocked if drugs aren't the cause.

Av & Sig Credit: Me
(#6 (permalink))
Old
AaronShadows (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 9 Votes / 3.00 Average
Default 07-25-2011, 04:04 AM

I honestly thought her music sounded like nails on a chalkboard, but I feel kinda sorry for her and her loved ones. I made a few stupid "VICTORY!" comments when I first heard, because again, I didn't like her music, but I'm regretting them now. =| Especially because she died before she had a chance to beat her drug addiction. Or whatever other addictions she had at this point. She definitely wasn't finished.

“I mean a weapon you hold. You have a gun, Tanith has a sword... I want a stick.” ~ Valkyrie Cain
“I’ll buy you a stick for Christmas.” - Skulduggery Pleasant
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Catlover642 (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Default 07-25-2011, 02:20 PM

I honestly think that it was honestly too late. She was trying to get better but I don't think there was anything else she could've done. In other news, the autopsy was deemed to be "inconclusive" and no cause of death has been reported. There was no foul play and the toxicology results are to come back in two to four weeks. I suspect this will have the true answers to her death.

Amy Winehouse update: Autopsy results deemed inconclusive | The Music Mix | EW.com

(#8 (permalink))
Old
Super Moderator

Default 07-28-2011, 09:42 AM

So, I was reading my gossip this morning and Paz de la Huerta, an actress on the show "Boardwalk Empire", did an interview where she made a really stupid comment about Amy. To explain why this quote is extra stupid, beyond the obvious, Paz is a huge drunk. She constantly is photographed leaving clubs drunk and is regarded as a hot mess. She thinks all her bad press and pictures are just "jealousy" because she gets naked a lot for the show she is in. As if.

Quote:
“Look what just happened to Amy Winehouse! Maybe had she not seen so many bad pictures of herself she would have gotten more self esteem,” Ms. Huerta offered, “and not been so self-destructive.”
Cele|*****y » Blog Archive » Paz de la Huerta thinks Amy Winehouse self-destructed because of bad photos

Does anyone believe that Winehouse used because of bad pictures? I can't say I do, I think she was just an addict.

Edit: Okay, her family is officially delusional. They claim she died of "alcohol withdrawal". I'll take my crown and begin ruling England now, kthx.
Crazy Days and Nights: Amy Winehouse's Family Says She Died Of Withdrawal

Last edited by Silver_Wolf_Kitty : 07-28-2011 at 03:15 PM.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Catlover642 (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Default 07-29-2011, 10:25 PM

Amy Winehouse's Death: Family Suspects Alcohol Withdrawal - Music, Celebrity, Artist News | MTV

Amy's family suspects alcohol withdrawal as the cause of her death. I think it could be possible, after all, she did have such a small frame. What do you think?

(#10 (permalink))
Old
Super Moderator

Default 07-31-2011, 10:05 PM

I really don't buy the withdrawal stories, especially considering the hot mess she was only a few weeks ago with the failed tour attempt. Judging by those antics, which were apparently the result of massive drinking, its more likely she died of alcohol poisoning. I'm interested though in what toxicology has to say.

By the way, has anyone seen the story that she was in the process of adopting a 10 year old girl? I was a bit touched by that news, it would've been a really stabilizing force in her life I think. She always seemed better when she was off on Lucia rather than in England.