Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1 (permalink))
Old
xxMeggieMaggot (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Rating: Not Rated
Default Todays music industry!? - 01-23-2011, 12:15 AM

What is going on with the music that todays artists are pumping out? I live in Australia and every new song that gets released is a hip-hop dance track. All the artists like The Black Eyed Peas, Rihanna, Kesha, Flo Rida, Pitbull etc are putting out all this stupid music (half of them are rip offs of 70s-80s music) and they are all about the same thing! If I hear one more song that references being in a club, I'm going to to stop listening to the radio!

No original classic rock is being played, no real music with intelligent lyrics or depth and meaning. Most of the songs even have the same backing tracks -.-

But people like J-Lo and Enrique Iglesias who have beein in the industry for ages are turning to this kind of music. It is so repetitive and annoying, serious they are losing creativity; who calls a song "Yeah 3x"?

I could go on for yonks so I'd like to hear what you've all got to say about this.

blue_tornado ♥
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Catlover642 (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 11 Votes / 4.09 Average
Default 01-23-2011, 01:02 AM

There's a thing called music genres - they're not going to play classic rock on pop radio. Because they're different styles and appeal to different audiences. Pop music generally dosen't normally contain deep lyrics. Pop songs are normally fun and catchy. Though some artists are exceptions, this is normally the way it is. Not all pop music is like this however, you just have to search to find the good music.

There is no such thing as "real music". My definition of "real music" is different from your definition of "real music". It's purely based off opinon and preference. Another man's trash is another man's treasure.

Last edited by Catlover642 : 01-23-2011 at 01:05 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 01-23-2011, 04:15 PM

Also, music tends to go in cycles. For example, they've been saying that rock music is dead for decades; and then, something new comes up that scuppers that belief. Hair metal, grunge, nu-metal... they've all been there and done that. Wonder what the next new thing will be?