Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards

Cartoon Dolls Community - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/)
-   Music (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/music/)
-   -   Favourite Type/Genre of Music (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/music/22241-favourite-type-genre-music.html)

Cheshire1996 04-07-2010 06:05 AM

Favourite Type/Genre of Music

There are so many types of music out there, I try to listen to different types but I tend to opt for soul and rock a lot of the time...

I have a really bad habit of falling in love with theme songs from anime too xD

So what types of music does everyone like? :3

Miranda_ 04-10-2010 03:56 PM

Rock and metal mostly. But I like music from other genres too. I like a lot of 70s and 80s chart classics, for example; so much better than the drivel that passes for chart music nowadays. XD

Elanorea 04-10-2010 04:10 PM

I listen to a lot of different genres, but mainly pop, folk rock, progressive rock and power metal. And I agree with Miranda that music from the 70s and 80s is awesome :D.

KaraKupkakex 04-10-2010 05:55 PM

I simply enjoy, metal or Screamo , aha.
thats mostly the type of music i listen to. ;P
lots of people do these days.. i dont knoww why.

The_Glorious_Shiva 09-08-2010 05:02 PM

Hhhmm.... o.o I listen to whichever song I like, but when you sum it up... It's mostly house, techno and trance. xD

x3hurricaneheartx3 10-02-2010 12:16 PM

I'm a die - hard country girl: traditional country, pop country, country rock, etc. But I like Hilary Duff, the Cheetah Girls, Miley Cyrus (just a little) and some of Bon Jovi's stuff is good too.

ColorPencil 10-02-2010 12:47 PM

Rock&Pop&Acoustic. Big fan of Marianas Trench. <3

Aussiemum777 10-13-2010 10:01 PM

Rock...rock ballads, gothic rock & the classics, Some metal ballads, some heavy Metallica, Pop, I love 80's music being a teen around that time is probably why, I remember Cyndi lauper, Dragon(so sad he's gone)The cure, Duran duran, U2 so many memories...It really depends what mood I'm in:grin:

belladoggy 10-14-2010 12:43 AM

My iTunes are quite literally composed of showtunes, choir and band CDs from past years, and alternative 80s music. Gotta love the 80s. Oh, also GLEE, but I put that in the showtunes category, even though they sing other stuff. I have some Motown too (Jackson 5, Stevie Wonder), classic rock (Beatles, Santana), and Irish, for lack of a better term (Flogging Molly, The Chieftains--though they are more folk/traditional).

My alternative stuff/80s pop? Cyndi Lauper, The Police, The Cure, Toni Morrison, Modern English, Katrina and the Waves, Flock of Seagulls, The Cranberries, R.E.M, etc. Plus some more modern stuff (Blink 182, The Fray, Smashmouth, Jem, Five For Fighting, Amy Winehouse)

Basically, if it's not hip hop and it's not rap and it's not techno, I'll listen to it. I even make concessions to those stipulations sometimes. Mostly cause they would never play the kind of music I have on my iPod at a school dance. Only my friends have my taste in music. I want to get some ska on there (Reel Big Fish, Sublime), but iTunes account is running low :/

FlowersFall 10-13-2011 11:07 PM

I love songs from animes, some of my favorite song are from animes (:

I also love classic rock music , like ACDC, Aerosmith, Joan Jett, Boston, and Kansas.

Pop, rock and hip hop are my other favorites. I like some rap songs, but not the hard rap songs.