Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards

Cartoon Dolls Community - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/)
-   Music (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/music/)
-   -   Katy Perry or Lady GaGa? (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/music/21746-katy-perry-lady-gaga.html)

iluvdolphin6 10-27-2009 06:34 PM

Katy Perry or Lady GaGa?

I don't really know, I like songs from both of them. In my opinion, they both get annoying after awhile.

TheHayleyDoll 10-27-2009 06:38 PM

I'm currently loving Lady Gaga. xD Katy Perry's great too, but I like Gaga more. :P

They both have semi-annoying behaviour sometime, though... but I love their music. Lady Gaga's more unique though, in my opinion.

Catlover642 10-27-2009 06:45 PM

Sorry, Lady Gaga hands down. Katy Perry is a horrible songwriter and her lyrics seem very annoying to me and it seems that she is just trying to get attention. I Kissed A Girl is a horrible song and IMO the only reason its famous is because of its title. Lady Gaga, once again IMO, has far more originality and is very talented.

Miranda_ 10-27-2009 06:47 PM

Neither are really my thing, but I'd pick Lady Gaga over Katy Perry. Lady Gaga herself has good taste in music (she named herself after a Queen song) and her clothing style is very unique. Katy Perry however is dating Russel Brand; proof of her poor taste. -.-

noirmali 10-27-2009 06:56 PM

I pick Katy Perry over Lady Gaga. Although I like Gaga's songs, I like Katy's more. They're more catchy, and even 'You're so g@y' has a very definite tone that I like in all of my songs.

Catlover642 10-27-2009 07:03 PM

Also, the reason I would pick Gaga over Katy is because Lady Gaga isn't what I think of when I hear 'pop music'. I think that Gaga likes a lot of really different music besides JUST pop music. (She said herself in a interview that she likes Faith No More and there is a video of her playing at a club when she was younger doing a Led Zeppelin cover.) I think that Gaga has more personality than Katy.

noirmali 10-27-2009 07:07 PM

^ It's a song that she made. "You're so *** that you don't even --"
<__<'' It's quite an amusing song, and I like how Katy uses her voice -- Idn how to explain? It's going against a guy, and if you hear songs like 'Girlfriend' by AL you'll hvae to know that lots of songs are rude.
I don't think it's a horrible song. No offense to anyone, but I myself actually hate Poker Face, I don't really like anything by Lady Gaga besides Paparazzi and Love Game. 'Course we all like what we like.
Katy's amazing, imo, however, and my sister agrees with me.

TheHayleyDoll 11-19-2009 07:00 PM

I still like Gaga better. xD

Gaga's music is really fun to dance and sing along with. ^_^

Not to mention, she's INSANELY talented. I don't throw the word "talented" around to often when it comes vocalists (as I'm terribly nit-picky and critical), but Gaga's raw talent trumps Katy Perry's any day. I've heard Katy sing live, and it's nothing special at all. Gaga, on the other hand...

Have you heard her "vintage" (before she was "Lady Gaga") stuff? IMPRESSIVE. She's got a lot of range, and with a couple vocal classes (which I'm sure she's had by now) it would be amazing.

Perez Hilton: Vintage GaGa!

I wish she sung more songs like this. ^_^ It shows that she's so much more than most popstars out there. Could Britney Spears (whom I love, btw. XD) or Madonna do this? Never in this lifetime. Paris Hilton and Miley Cyrus (and other Disney "stars") are prime examples of just how much of pop music is actually talent nowadays. :roll:

spirit_queen 11-19-2009 07:11 PM

It's sad that Gaga never got attention when like that; those are good songs. I think she actually sounds better without all the weird techno stuff she adds to her current songs.

Catlover642 11-19-2009 07:30 PM

I love you for posting that Hayley. XD She actually does piano on The Fame Monster; its called Speechless. Its lyrics are in my sig.

If you've heard the lyrics from The Fame Monster you would know that she is a great artist, and I really don't like Katy's lyrics at all, sadly. :/ They're all just unorginal. I also can gush for hours over Lady Gaga's fashion since, btw. XD But I should spare you.