Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

View Poll Results: Did Taylor Swift deserve the award?
Yes 11 91.67%
No 1 8.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default Kanye West & VMAs - 09-14-2009, 05:33 PM

Ultra D-Bag Kanye Hijacks Taylor Swift | TMZ.com

I was completely shocked when Kanye did that to Taylor last night. I'm not a fan to begin with since he's always been up to these antics, but last night was the final straw for me. He took away a 19 year old girl's moment, almost making her cry on stage. I don't care what that racist's opinion was, he can go shove it now after his antics, and yes, I do believe Kanye has something against white people. Its either that or he thinks he's the f*cking center of the universe. For the record, I'm glad he's getting his dues now. He certainly deserved to get kicked out, to not win a single award, and I hope to dear god the industry blacklists him like many celebrities are calling for.

As for his opinion, I don't think he was right at all. Taylor's song was much more popular than the other ones up there. Not to say the other songs weren't made by talented artists, but "You Belong With Me" is played all of the time. In an awards show voted upon by teenagers, of course this song would win because they relate more to this song. Also, quite frankly, I wasn't crazy about Beyonce's "Single Ladies" video. All she did was bounce her butt around, not a lot of talent behind that and certainly not the "best video of the decade". Ass. For the record, no amount of drinking excuses his actions last night.

So, the real question is, what is your opinion about Kanye's antics? Was he right in his opinion? Should he have kept it to himself? Should he be blacklisted from the industry and banned from all future events after this? Spill folks!

More links to reactions and Kanye's "apologies", which were total crap and didn't at all really apologize to Taylor.
Kanye Issues Apology, Swiftly Takes It Down | TMZ.com
Rappers, Singers Unite to Bash Kanye | TMZ.com
Clarkson to Kanye -- 'You're a Sad Human Being' | TMZ.com
Joe Jackson Wants to 'Blackball' Kanye | TMZ.com
Donald Trump -- Boycott Kanye! | TMZ.com
Celebrity Gossip | Entertainment News | Celebrity News | TMZ.com
Taylor -- Beyonce 'Immediately' Reached Out | TMZ.com

Av & Sig Credit: Me
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 09-14-2009, 05:35 PM

He needs to go get stuffed. This isn't the first time he's done this; back in 2006, he made a huge fuss that one of HIS videos didn't get the award. I was already p*ssed off that he stole Better, Faster, Stronger by Daft Punk, this just makes it even worse. He doesn't deserve to be in the business if he's going to act like this.

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Super Moderator

Default 09-14-2009, 05:40 PM

Agreed. What made me even angrier is in his first "apology" he made allusions to his "giving up an award to Outkast"(not sure if this is true, I have to look it up) and basically suggested Taylor should've given up her award to Beyonce. It was completely ridiculous. He isn't sorry in the least, which ****es me off more. Registration to his site was locked down(probably because of all the hate members, which admittedly I was going to join to flame him myself and let him know what scum he is) and now he keeps issuing "apologies" left and right as if it'll make up for the fact that he forever ruined her first VMA.

(#4 (permalink))
Old
Catlover642 (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Rating: 11 Votes / 4.09 Average
Default 09-14-2009, 05:41 PM

I'm not a huge fan of Taylor Swift, but I felt horrible for her. I could tell that when he asked to come up, Taylor thought he was going to give a congrats or something. It was her FIRST VMA and she was only a mere 19. What a accomplishment! Then, she had to PREFORM after that. That must have been hard, I mean embarassed on stage and then having to preform. MTV needs to ban him for something, and he needs to make a formal apology to Miss. Swift. Now! And not posting some capitalized peice of s*it. Get a life Kanye.

Last edited by Catlover642 : 09-18-2009 at 03:48 PM.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 09-14-2009, 05:43 PM

Pfft, I think any apology by him is going to be bull crap and only going to be done to get the media off his ass. -.- If I were her, I'd publicly say what I think of him and his delusions. I do love Beyonce for helping Taylor out though; that was very sweet of her.

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 09-14-2009, 05:47 PM

Maybe if he offered Taylor the chance to kick him several times, it would be more sincere. XD

And Beyonce was a class act; she obviously didn't want that idiot to storm the stage and she obviously shares everyone's opinion of him.

(#7 (permalink))
Old
Super Moderator

Default 09-14-2009, 05:57 PM

Yeah, I was really pleased when she did that. It was classy and really great of her to do.

Far as I can tell, there are claims he offered a trophy he won to Outkast at the 2007 BET awards, but there is no video and no other mentioning of it beyond what I saw in his "apology" and one news article. Not even on wikipedia, so it couldn't have been that public or sincere.

(#8 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 09-14-2009, 05:39 PM

Here's my take on this.

Did he have a right to his opinion? Yes. Did he have a right to voice it? Yes. Did he have the right to completely humiliate and upset Taylor onstage infront of a billion people? No. There's a time and a place to voice opinions; he chose the wrong time and place and in doing so, revealed his true colours as a complete butthead who deserves a good kick to the nuts.

Now, I personally don't like Taylor's music; it doesn't appeal to me. However, I at least recognise that practically reducing the girl to tears on a televised event was less expressing an opinion and more bullying and Kanye should be treated as a bully, in my opinion. In other words, a ban on future events until he either gets a life and grows up, or proves otherwise that he can be trusted to behave himself in public.